build your online presence using social media
Post on 31-Oct-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMy advice for students - build your personal brand online using social media.
- Build Your Online Presence
- Using Social Media
Otterbein University PRSSA October 18, 2010 2.
- To Start....
- rules were made to be broken
- don't worry about the tools
- you've got time
3. my story (snooze) opportunities are waiting for you 83% of employers will Google candidates and research them online. Employers will make hiring decisions based on content. (Cross Tab Marketing, 2010) bring a fresh perspective
- Why You Should Care
- social media extends a handshake
- use social media to establish your niche and build an identity
- theres a conversation happening, social media gives you the tools to join that conversation
- show off your "real world" writing skills
Why You Should Care 5.
- build a consistent brand with a professional photo & your name
- it's not about you. listen, listen, ask, listen, listen, share
- 60% information, 30% conversation, 10% fun facts
Networking & Social Media 6. LinkedIn 7. LinkedIn 8. LinkedIn 9. Twitter 10. Twitter
- Flowtown - find your audience + discover influencers
- Hootsuite - manage + schedule + track social updates
- Tweepi - find + manage Twitter followers
- Twellow - find people using Twitter bios
- Tweet Beep - what are others saying?
- Tweet Stats - how much do you tweet?
- Klout - how influential are you?
11. Blog 12. Blog 13. Blog 14. Online Portfolio 15. Where Do I Start?
- find influential to connect with, listen to + engage
- read blogs
- attend networking, industry + educational events
- participate in a twitter chat
- guest blog post
- interview someone
- attend PRSA, social media club of Columbus, etc.
- Contact Info
@GinaBericchia Written Impact Gina Bericchia [email_address]