C:\fakepath\cooperative an collaborative learning
out of 14
Post on 06-Dec-2014
- 1. COOPERATIVE AND COLLABORATIVE LEARNING
- 2. Cooperative learning
- It is a successful teaching strategy in which small teams, each with students of different levels of ability, use a variety of learning activities to improve their understanding of a subject.
- Each member of a team is responsible not only for learning what is taught but also for helping team mates learn, thus creating an atmosphere of achievement.
- Students work through the assignment until all group members successfully understand and complete it.
- We Instead Of Me
- 3. Collaborative Learning.
- It is a method of teaching and learning in which students team together to explore a significant question or create a meaningful project.
- A group of students discussing a lecture or students from different schools working together over the Internet on a shared assignment are both examples of collaborative learning.
- 4. Differences Cooperative and Collaborative Learning
- Each member of a team is responsible
- The instructor is the center of authority
- not only for learning what is taught.
- Students helps each others
- Task are usually closed ended
- It is more structure defined (cooper and Robinson, 1997).
- Students recieve training in small groups social skills
- 5. Collaborative
- Collaborative will build on their existing skill
- Teacher guie but he /she does not monitor
- Task here are open ended and complex
- It is for adults, hight levels
- Few roles asigned
- 6. Similarities
- Stress the importance of active learning
- The teachers acts as facilitator
- Teaching and learning are experiences shared by both the student and the teacher
- Greater emphasis is placed on studentss reponsability for taking cherge on her or his learning
- 7. Similarities
- Involves situations where students must articulate ideas in small groups
- Help students develop social and teambuilding skills
- Utilize students diversity
- 8. USE OF ICT IN COOPERATIVE AND COLLABORATIVE LEARNING.
- Information Communication Technology (ICT), the internet has been widely accepted as an important tool in Cooperative and Collaborative learning.
- ICT in education is being promoted and studied in various countries and, in general, these countries goals are similar: to provide more effective learning and competitive manpower in the international market.
- 10. USE OF ICT IN COOPERATIVE AND COLLABORATIVE LEARNING.
- The ICT suppose a modification in the strategies and methodologies that harness the continuous learning of the student.
- Collaborative learning uses ICT to arouse students motivation to learn, impelling students to participate actively in online discussions and deep research. (Polman & Fishman, 1995)
- 11. USE OF ICT IN COOPERATIVE AND COLLABORATIVE LEARNING.
- ICT afford students possibility of stimulating experiments and experimenting with broadly varying situations and comparing them, something that if done by hand would in most cases prove very difficult or tedious.
- 12. USE OF ICT IN COOPERATIVE AND COLLABORATIVE LEARNING.
- Informatics media provide a comfortable and fast way to access, represent, and use information.
- Students are willing to comment on each others work, share personal viewpoints, express their own opinions, and learn to accept views different from their own.
- 13. USE OF ICT IN COOPERATIVE AND COLLABORATIVE LEARNING.
- Through organized and systematic teaching strategies, teachers are able to group students of different abilities, sexes, and background together to learn jointly, share experiences, and receive recognition from peers. (Johnson & Johnson, 1994).
- All for One and One for all.
- Alexandre Dumas
View more >
HICSS'01: Cooperative and Collaborative Learning in ... and Collaborative Learning in Computer-Based ... a teacher provides a lesson. The ... Cooperative and Collaborative Learning in Computer ...
32 Running Head: COLLABORATIVE OR COOPERATIVE ?· 32 Running Head: COLLABORATIVE OR COOPERATIVE LEARNING…
Cooperative Learning, Collaborative Learning, and ... ?· Cooperative Learning, Collaborative Learning,…
“Using cooperative and collaborative learning to ?· P.E. in CLIL: USING COOPERATIVE ... USING COOPERATIVE…
COLLABORATIVE cooperative concerted collective joint combined shared two-waycommon ***********************************************************************************
COOPERATIVE AND COLLABORATIVE LEARNING. Cooperative or collaborative learning is a team process where members support and rely on each other to achieve.