The Best Interview Follow Up Checklist
out of 25
Post on 11-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONKnowing how to follow up after one or more interviews can be confusing, even for the most savvy job seeker. Here is a checklist of things you can do to leverage your post-interview activities and gain interest from potential employers.
- The Best Interview Follow Up Checklist Original article by Mary Elizabeth Bradford
- Knowing how to follow up after one or more interviews can be confusing, even for the most savvy job seeker.
- Here is a checklist of things you can do to leverage your post-interview activities and gain interest from potential employers.
- 1. Find Out The Next Step
- You must always ask what the next step is. One of the most discouraging situations is to believe an interview went well only to hear nothing back from the company.
- One way to hedge against this is to get a verbal commitment as to the next steps. If the company says they will contact you no later than next Wednesday you know you can safely follow up on Thursday if you have not heard back from them.
- 2. Dont Think The Worst
- If you have not heard back from the company you interviewed with, please dont assume they are not interested in you and never ever act annoyed or defensive. Leave short, friendly, professional messages confirming your continued interest.
- 3. Use Your Common Sense
- Dont pester but be persistent. Try to use your intuition based on the people and the corporate culture you are dealing with to know how aggressively to follow up after a job interview. Some companies love aggressive post- interview follow up, as it is part of their culture. Other companies might find it off-putting.
- 4. Leave A Great Follow Up Voicemail
- You can say something like: Hi Mr. Brown, this is Mary Elizabeth Bradford. Its Wednesday morning and I am following up on our initial meeting, and I'm very excited to connect back with you. I will be in the office all day today; my number is 212-555- 1212. Thanks and I really look forward to speaking with you again.
- WARNING! Dont tell them you will call again if you dont hear back from them. They may wait for you to do just that!
- 5. Send A Thank You Letter
- I find that hard mail is much preferred over email for thank you letters. The best way I have found to write powerful thank you/after-interview letters is to mirror, match, and repeat back a summary of key points you discussed in the interview.
- To do this right, you will want to be taking short notes during your interview. Primary things you want to pick up include: Their main challenges The kind of person they are looking for Anything positive they shared about you and your potential candidacy
- WARNING! Keep your letter short under 200 words. Yes, you read that right!
- 6. Include A 'P.S.' In Your Follow Up Letter
- Do you know what always gets read in a letter? The P.S. or postscript. If you have occasion to write one, its a good idea. Just be sure what your P.S. says is meaningful enough. No soft statements like, P. S.: Did I mention I am a team player?
- 7. Send A Follow Up List Of Short Testimonials
- References, endorsements, and testimonials almost always have a greater impact than any other piece of information we can give a potential employer. Thats because they come from a third party perspective, which legitimizes you and authenticates what you are probably communicating with them yourself.
- It builds trust very rapidlymore rapidly than any other way I know. Suffice it to sayhaving a page of testimonials you can use as a leave behind or attach with a post-interview thank you letter is one of THE WISEST moves you can make in your job search. It will seal the deal, so to speak.
- These tips have helped thousands of job seekers reach their career goals easier and quicker and I know they will help you too. I wish you every success in your job search.
- Want to learn more about interview follow up? Check out Interview Follow Up Tips, Scripts & Letter Templates For Cold Calls, Follow Ups, Thank You Letters, Networking With Companies & Recruiters.
- Read The Original Article! We hope you enjoyed this presentation! Click here to read the original article by Mary Elizabeth Bradford on CAREEREALISM.com.
View more >
BEFORE THE INTERVIEW ? Web viewWrite Up Notes Follow Up Letter or E-Mail Follow Up Phone Call Critique
POSt-StrOkE chEckliSt (PSc) Post-Stroke Checklist ... of a Poststroke Checklist to Standardize Follow-up
Job Interview Preparation Worksheet - Interview Preparation Worksheet, ... Follow the interview prep recommendations in the Job Interview ... This will help you know how and when to follow up.
HIMS AME Checklist - SSRI Recertification/Follow Up ... ?? Include supporting documentation reviewed to complete this Checklist ... interview, evaluation, and ... Any abnormal physical exam or mental exam findings ...
STEM CDI October 2014 THE JOB INTERVIEW. Preparation At the Interview Follow-up STEPS IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS.