NMC Post Interview Portfolio Follow-up
out of 13
Post on 16-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Nykky McCarley-Cameron MEM, CQE, CMQ/OE, QCxP in consideration for Proposed demonstration of Leadership & Core Values
- 2. I joined Abbott in 1999 as a Validation Engineer in finished goods processing for pharmaceutical products. From there I assumed a Process Engineering role in Chemical Manufacturing. In 2004, after serving in manufacturing supervision, I was promoted to Facility Operations Manager in the Chemical Manufacturing Area (CMA). Upon graduating with a Masters Degree in Engineering Management, I served as Validation Supervisor & then was promoted to Plant Engineering & Validation Manager, CMA. In 2007, I became the Corporate Commissioning & Validation Engineering Services Manager, providing global engineering & quality program support to Abbott divisions and business units. My Career Interests: Strategy & Implementation, Quality & Validation, Supply Chain Key Descriptors: Deliberative, Futuristic, Relator, Learner, Influencer Mini-Bio Current role: Corporate Commissioning & Validation Engineering Services Manager 11 yrs Experience in Engineering, Operations & Quality/Validation BS Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University - Evanston, IL Masters of Engineering Management, Northwestern University - Evanston, IL Certification, Marketing Strategy for Business Leaders, Cornell University - Ithaca, NY Certification, Life & Wellness Coaching, College of Lake County - Grayslake, IL Career Highlights Major Outcomes 2012 Regional Conference Planning ISPE GLC (International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering - Great Lakes Chapter) As Vice-President of the ISPE GLC Board of Directors, successfully planned & executed the 2012 regional conference in Chicago, IL, for nearly 100 attendees. Coordinated speakers, topics, hotel & tour arrangements; was sole organizer for the event, resulting in gross revenue of ~$28,000. Managed expenses by leveraging existing resources. 2011 IWILL Award (Women Leaders in Action Involvement in Learning & Leadership) Honored with IWILL Award, a corporate-wide award, due to successful execution of the Women Engineers employee network Bio Book Project. Awarded by Abbott's Women Leaders in Action employee network. 2010 Remediation Consulting Abbott Diabetes Care Alameda, CA Volunteered to support an unfamiliar business (ADC) by helping its staff address critical business issues. For 6 months, on full-time assignment & in spite of the 2/3 hr time difference, maintained oversight of staffs performance in addition to other commitments. During my dual roles, my dept achieved 92% of its business plan milestones & exceeded sales goals. Nykky McCarley-Cameron MEM, CQE, CMQ/OE, QCxP em | ph
- 3. Strategic Leadership Ability to analyze current business operations & optimize organizational effectiveness, resulting in higher levels of demand & respect Step 1: Perform SWOT Analysis Step 2: Perform Market Assessment Step 3: Develop Business Strategy Step 4: Reinvest in Resources
- 4. Step 1: Perform SWOT Analysis Step 2: Perform Market Assessment Step 3: Develop Business Strategy Step 4: Reinvest in Resources Strengths Expertise Internal relationships Capital Project support Weaknesses Reliance on Lake County, IL Weak identity Dependence on Cap Projects Opportunities Expand services & clients Branding New business units Threats External competitors Shrinking Cap $ Self-sufficient validation depts
- 5. Performed market assessment to develop most profitable customers Identified targets & developed appropriate brand proposition Step 1: Perform SWOT Analysis Step 2: Perform Market Assessment Step 3: Develop Business Strategy Step 4: Reinvest in Resources
- 6. Identified Marketing, Branding & Customer Service Satisfaction Strategy Step 1: Perform SWOT Analysis Step 2: Perform Market Assessment Step 3: Develop Business Strategy Step 4: Reinvest in Resources Developed brochures & internal website Established consistent messaging across promotional materials Implemented feedback surveys & 1:1's w/customers
- 7. Reinvested in organization's resources Talent Development - Training & Certifications Operational Efficiencies - Electronic Validation Library, Quote Tool & Customer Database Step 1: Perform SWOT Analysis Step 2: Perform Market Assessment Step 3: Develop Business Strategy Step 4: Reinvest in Resources Avg Certifications per Staff Member Over Time
- 8. Strategic Leadership Results Increased sales ($700M over 2 yrs) More visibility within the corporation Boosted reputation among peers & customers Higher employee morale Step 1: Perform SWOT Analysis Step 2: Perform Market Assessment Step 3: Develop Business Strategy Step 4: Reinvest in Resources
- 9. Core Values Credibility | Pride in Our Employees | Cultural Diversity Customer Orientation | People & Environment | Trust
- 10. Core Values Credibility As an internal service provider, I led my team to provide truthful assessments of the work needed to bring organizations into compliance, even if the situation was more severe than anticipated. Being invested in the success of the project was the motivation behind confronting issues, in order to effectively neutralize them. Pride in Our Employees As a manager & leader I've learned to recognize the talents of my employees & coach them to greater levels performance. I have promoted where appropriate, rewarded to acknowledge achievements, worked with them in developmental areas & empowered them to shape our organization by leveraging their expertise. Essentially, it is the talent of employees that bring value to the organization.
- 11. Core Values Cultural Diversity Although my team's charter is primarily to serve our internal customers in North, Central & South America, we've served Europe & Asia as well. Along with the global diversity brought about by working with different cultures, our work has brought us experience with various industries, such as medical devices, medical diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, & nutritionals.
- 12. Core Values Customer Orientation I was the first in my group to develop a comprehensive customer satisfaction survey. It allowed for exemplary work by my team to be recognized & tied their performance as judged by customers to the company's performance review process.
- 13. Core Values People & Environment Safety is an expectation for performance, no exceptions. Because we are out in the field, we adhere to safe behaviors & safety policies at all times. On our commissioning side, we're also very involved in sustaining our environment by participating in LEED accreditation efforts. Trust Relationships are the basis of repeat business & new business (from word of mouth). Trust & experience comprise the foundation of these relationships. I value our ability to perform well for customers & that we have established ourselves as an organization on which can be depended.
View more >
Interview no. 1236 - CORE ?· Interview no. 1236 Juan Padilla Follow ... nació usted. JP: Ay. GM: ...…
Notifiable Medical Conditions (NMC) Disease List NMC ... ?· Notifiable Medical Conditions (NMC) Disease…
ICICE Patient Interview For CHF Patients Follow-up Item Set ?· ICICE Patient Interview ... How difficult…