Intro to Comic Craft pt1
Post on 19-Aug-2015
- 1. Intro to Comic-CraftOr, all the stuff you need to know tomake some manga
- 2. Who the % $ @ ^! am I?And really, why should you care?
- 3. S o lets make some manga!Lets start out with the tools of the trade...
- 4. PaperYou mean theres more than one kind?& copy paper (20lb, 24lb, 28lb, 32lb also in sizes ofletter, legal, a4)& thicker papers (cardstock/presentation paper)& manga papers (deleter, maxon, copic)& bristol board (canson, strathmore)& other media/illustration boards (for wetmedia/paints)
- 5. pencils& Graphite pencils mechanical, wooden,drafting/lead holders& Varying lead hardness gives you different values
- 6. Non-photo blue pencils& nonphoto blue pencils are a favorite of comic artistsbecause they can be easily dropped from art& great for working out perspective, anatomy, etcbefore committing to a line with pencil or ink& jetpens.com sells nonphoto blue (soft blue)mechanical leads& other colors can be used usehue/saturation/lightness in photoshop to drop thatcolor
- 7. Inking tools tech pens& brands such as micron, copic, pitt, rapidograph& lots of sizes& will give you a consistent line weight good forlettering, mechanical/architectural objects& easiest to transport, easiest to learn& do not give dynamic lines without extra work& some tips very fragile/easy to break
- 8. Inking tools ink and nib& the nib, holder, and ink are all separate items& types of ink: water-soluble, india ink, acrylic ink
- 9. Inking tools ink and nib& many different kinds of nibs drawing, sketching,architecture, calligraphy, lettering& drawing nibs allow for a wide variety of line widths& sketching and architecture are good for fine details& calligraphy and lettering nibs (a, b, c)& most manga-ka use g-nibs - highly flexibledrawing nibs
- 10. Inking tools ink and nib& require a lot of practice& not very portable& ink does not dry fast/tends to smear& will shred or spider on cheap paper& often very slow process
- 11. Inking tools brush& most variation of line weight, fast filling in of black& great for emulating sumi-e painting& other techniques such as dry brush for texture& can be very difficult to learn, good brushes veryexpensive& not portable
- 12. Other tools& ruler/t-square/triangle/straight edge& french curves& circle and ellipse templates& eraser (vynl, plastic, kneaded)
- 13. Computer programs& adobe photoshop considered the standard& adobe illustrator difficult to learn& corel painter better for illustration& manga studio offers a lot of templates,screentones, used by many professionals& paint tool sai cheaper alternative, also good forcoloring& free alternatives such as gimp, open canvas
- 14. Thats a lot of stuff!R e lax !You dont need all of those thingsStart simple. Find what works best for you. It isntthe same for everyone!
- 15. Now we have stuff, so letsmake some comics! Where do we start?
View more >
A & PHEALTH HORMONES FEMALE PROBLEMS MENSTRUAL CYCLE DIAGRAMS 1 pt1 pt1 pt1 pt1 pt1 pt 2 pts 3 pts 4 pts 5 pts 6 pts.