50/50 dvd proposal
Post on 13-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTION50/50 DVD Proposal - The Onion
- 1. 50/50 DVD 11.7.2011 Andrew Smith, West Coast Director I917-686-7405I[email_address] - The New York Times Magazine America has inexhaustible reserves of good will for the homespun Onion...as it does for no other national comedy institution exceptmaybeMark Twain.
2. Proposal Summary Table of Contents 2 Table of Contents About The Onion Proposal Summary Onion Homepage Takeover AV Club Homepage Takeover High Impact Onion & A.V. Media The Onions Audience FitSlides 3-4 Slides 5 Slide 6-7 Slides 8-9 Slide 10-14 Slide 15 3. Unrivaled Content Attracts Unrivaled Readership Shameless Self Promotion 3 1988 The launch of the Onion in Madison, WI. 549,000+ Total papers in circulation across 16 markets come November. #1 Single topic alternative newspaper weekly. Organic Growth Reach outside circulation markets through word of mouth.
- Peabody Award
- NYT and Youtube were only other two Online publishers recipients.
- Partner Channels
- Include iTunes, Youtube & Hulu
- Video Opportunities
- Web Video sponsorship
- Viral Video creation
- Commercial Production
5.9 million Onion Monthly unique impressions 2 million A.V. Club Monthly unique impressions 50 million Average monthly pageviews. 1996 TheOnion.com founded 390,000+ iPad app downloads. App launch covered in 200+ publications. #3 rated Free iPad App iTunes. 706,300+ Number of Onion core iPhone App downloads since launch. 650,000+ Number of Onion core Android App downloads since launch. 6 MillionMonthly impressions on the WAP Site. 3,230,000 + Twitter Followers 1,958,600+ Facebook Fans #3 News organization on Twitter in the world. Top 50 Company using Facebook (From Wired). Reddit | Digg Onion content continuously pushed to top of the list. Comedy Central Series kicked off in January 2011. IFC Series kicked off in January 2011.Season 2 to air Fall 2012. In The News "Letter-perfect parodies of ESPN and CNN- The Los Angeles Times TV Print Online Mobile | Apps Social Media Web Video 4. Onion & A.V. Club Social Networking Presence Vs. Competition Unparalleled Social Media Presence 4 Leading the Conversation in Social Media
- @TheOnion generated thesecond-highest amount of Twitter activity during the Oscars , with only the Academy Awards themselves generating more.
- @TheOnion had the most retweeted Oscars tweet on Twitter, garnering 4,676 retweets.
- @BrookeAlvarez doubled her Twitter following during her Oscars coverage and was one of the top ten most retweeted accounts.
- Trump Headlines Exceptional Performance
- The Onions Trump Headline garnered over26,400 Facebook Likes,and wasshared over 516,098 times .
- The same headline was reTweeted over 10,000 times and favorited 900 times on Twitter.
5. Proposal Summary Meeting Campaign Objectives 5 Objective Solution Slide # $20k #1 $20k#2 $15k $10k To build awareness around the 50/50 DVD release. Onion Homepage Takeover 7 $12,500 $12,500 $12,500 N/A AV Club Homepage Takeover 9 N/A N/A N/A $10,000 Onion News Network Sustainment11 N/A $7,500 N/A N/A AV Club Film Section Takeover 12 $7,500 N/A N/A N/A Onion Homepage Featured Product 13 N/A Value Added N/A N/A AV Club Homepage Featured Product 13 N/A N/A Value Added Value Added ROS Media 14 Value Added Value Added $2,500 Value Added Impressions N/A 3,630,000 3,455,000 2,780,000 2,030,000 ECPM N/A $5.51 $5.79 $5.40 $4.93 6. Onion Sponsorship Opportunity Homepage Buyout W/Skin 7. 7 Upon page load, video premercial renders over Onion homepage displaying teaser video for :10 seconds before resolving into masthead.Ho mepage buyout includes video player on the homepage where50/50 DVDcreative will have 100% ownership. Onion & A.V. Club Media Opportunities Onion Billboard Homepage Buyout 8. A.V. Club Sponsorship Opportunity Homepage Buyout W/Skin 9. 9 Upon page load, video premercial renders over A.V. homepage displaying teaser video for :10 seconds before resolving into masthead.Ho mepage buyout includes video player on the homepage where 50/50 DVD creative will have 100% ownership. Onion & A.V. Club Media Opportunities A.V. Billboard Homepage Buyout W/ Skin 10. The Onion & AV Club Sponsorship Opportunity 11. Onion & A.V. Club Media Opportunities Onion ONN Video Sponsorship
- ONN Pre-roll Option features a :15 second pre-roll ad that loads and plays with companion banners and custom skin before sponsored episodes.
- Includes prominent companion branding on player page while :15 second video is playing .
11 12. Onion & A.V. Club Media Opportunities A.V. Club Film Section Sponsorship 12
- Sponsorship of the Film Section includes 728x90 banner, 300x600 and custom skins.
- Buyout achieves 100% share of voice in highly trafficked Film section.
- 50/50messaging will feature prominently on landing page and all corresponding storypages of the Film section.
- 50/50 ownership will be featured in a highly engaging section-- In an average week, the A.V. Club Film section garners over10,200 commentsfrom loyal A.V. Club readers.
13. Onion & A.V. Club Media Opportunities Homepage Featured Product Sponsorship 13 Homepage Featured Beverage: 50/50 DVD 14. Onion & A.V. Club Media Opportunities Synched Media & Sustained Campaign Presence 14 Sustained Campaign Presence
- Synched storypage roadblocks will consist of a 728x90 and high impact 300x600.
- Synched media will run across both the Onion and A.V. Club domains.
- Synched media can also be geo targeted to key campaign cities.
15. Onion & A.V. Club Media Opportunities Audience Fit - Brand 2011 15 Audience Fit Strategy Engagement Zoomerang Internal Survey 2009 % or Index Been reading the Onion for over 4 years 69% Emailed an Onion story to a friend in the last 3 months 73% Have a favorite Onion headline 40% Read every single issue 52% Downloaded a podcast in last 6 months 49% The Onions Audience ComScore Summer 2010 - Jan 2011 % or Index 18-24 326 Male/Female 60/40 Watched a Comedy Film in the last 30 Days 214 Attended 2-4 Movies in the last month 308 Purchased movie tickets offline in the last 6 months 225 Attended the movies in the last 30 days240 Searched the Internet for info on DVDs in the last 6 months 300 Bought a DVD offline in the last 6 months 234