21 georgeus beaches over the world
out of 26
Post on 08-Sep-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTION21 Georgeus Beaches Over The World
- 21 Gorgeous Beaches
- Tasman National Park, New Zealand New Zealand has 90 Mile Beach (which is actually only 55 miles long), but I like the privacy of this tiny little beach better.
- Navagio Beach, Greece The beach is also known as Smugglers Cove because of the 163-foot long shipwrecked boat right in the middle of it, which was suspected to be a smuggling boat.
- Jkulsrln Beach, Iceland
- The volcanic rock of Iceland accounts for the black sand, and the ice pieces come from a nearby glacier that runs off into the lagoon. Source: mymodernmet.com
- Golden Cape, Croatia This end of this narrow beach will change the direction it points depending on the winds.
- Lucky Bay, Australia Source: escapedesigners.com This beach is inside a national park and is one of the few beaches kangaroos go to.
- Glass Beach, California While incredibly colorful, the glass is actually garbage from neighboring towns which has been washed over and smoothed over time. A little sad, but pretty at the same time.
- Tropical Islands Resort, Germany
- S It could be a cold winter day, but youd never know it. This beach is entirely contained inside a huge former airship hangar. Source: weather.com
- Hidden Beach, Mexico In the early 1900s, the Mexican government carried out bomb tests in the area, which eventually morphed into stunning caves. Similar to Glass Beach, nature has found a way to make our chaos beautiful.
- Papaklea Beach, Hawaii This is one of only four beaches in the world with green sand. It comes from the mineral olivine.
- The Maldives The bioluminescent phytoplankton lighting the sand turn an already beautiful beach into a must see spectacle.
- Shell Beach, Australia t This beach is made entirely of shells and stretches for about 70 miles. It may not be at the top of your list of beaches to visit if you like making sand castles.
- Anse Source dArgent, Seychelles With pink sands and some of the coolest looking granite rocks lining its shores, its easy to see why this is one of the top destinations in the Seychelles.
- Kaihalulu Red Sand Beach, Hawaii
- Due to iron deposits in the surrounding hills, this Hawaiian beach has a stunning red hue. It pairs nicely with Hawaiis green beach.
- McWay Falls in Big Sur, California This spectacular beach boasts an 80 foot waterfall, which flows year-round. Its one of only 20 waterfalls in the world that empties directly into the ocean.
- Whitehaven Beach, Australia When the tide goes out, Hill Inlet turns into a winding river of white sand and turquoise water.
- Rock Sound, Bahamas The well-known pink sands of the Bahamas and the crystal clear water make the beaches a must see.
- Maya Bay, Thailand The bay is surrounded by large, plant covered rocks and was the filming location for the Leonardo DiCaprio movie The Beach.
- Hyams Beach, Australia Source: Hyams Beach holds the Guinness Book record for the whitest sand in the world.
- Wineglass Bay, Tasmania
- S The almost perfect curve of the bay is as amazing from the shore as it is from the aerial view from the nearby mountains.
- Benagil Cave, Portugal
- Motu Tehotu, Bora Bora Known for the above water bungalows, Bora Bora has some of the best beaches in the world.
View more >