peer 2 peer university overview
out of 25
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA short overview presentation on P2PU, including the P2PU/Mozilla Open Web Developer training and certificate.
- 1. Login
- 2. This is a moment oftremendousopportunity inglobal higher education Peer 2 Peer University is a paradigm shifting idea
- 3. The current model is Iron broken! Triangle
- 4. COST Iron Triangle QUALITY ACCESS
- 5. WHAT HAS CHANGED?
- 6. Free and open access to the world's greatest educational resources and millions of people to learn with.
- 7. The current model is Iron broken! Triangle
- 8. But now everyone can Iron fix it. Triangle
- 9. Learning for everyone by everyone about almost anything.
- 10. Andrew
- 11. Andrew + Delia + Lila + Jessica + Tobias + Podromos
- 12. Jane
- 13. We create study groups for individuals to learn together, using open educational resources. We help participants get recognition for their learning achievements.
- 14. MANAGEMENT
- 15. SO FAR Pilot phase with 7 courses Drupal site developed First round of courses 12 English, 3 Portuguese 388 sign-ups
- 16. SO GOOD Great volunteer community Robust growth Pilot: ~17,000 visits First round: ~30,000 visits (100k pg) Buzz: NYT, Fast Company, blogs, etc. Shuttleworth/Hewlett seed funding
- 17. WHAT ABOUT DEGREES? Learning for learning's sake is a luxury few can afford. Learning needs to translate into opportunities.
- 18. PATHWAYS TO FORMAL CREDIT Strengthen and complement (not replace) existing institutions ALTERNATIVE CERTIFICATION Open sourcing accreditation Fill the gaps Involve the community
- 19. OPEN WEB DEVELOPERS
- 20. I have been mentoring young folks who want to learn Web design and what I have discovered is that there are literally NO college level curricula in my area that would teach them Open Web technologies. Their options are either to learn Web technologies that are 4-5 years behind what's out now, or to take a degree in computer science. I would like to see this project succeed because I believe there is a great need for it.
- 21. OPEN WEB DEVELOPERS Training & certification Free & open community curriculum Project based peer-learning Mashing up the open web Assessment of hacker's disposition First courses start September 2010
- 22. Help us build it! DESIGN THE CURRICULUM ENDORSE THE CERTIFICATE LEAD A COURSE JOIN DRUMBEAT
- 23. .org email@example.com
View more >
UNIVERSITY OF JYVÄSKYLÄ Mobile Chedar – A Peer-to-Peer Middleware for Mobile Devices Presentation for International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to- Peer Computing