Introduction to the Growth Mindset. Jobs Most of the jobs that our students will be doing throughout their lives don’t exist yet. What they need to thrive:
out of 23
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Introduction to the Growth Mindset
- Slide 2
- Jobs Most of the jobs that our students will be doing throughout their lives dont exist yet. What they need to thrive: Critical thinking Problem solving Collaboration Adaptability Initiative Analysis Curiosity Imagination Persistence How do we nurture these skills in our classrooms?
- Slide 3
- Talk Partners Each person gets a chance Listen to each other, dont just wait on your turn to talk Dont ignore your talk partner, its rude Give feedback to your talk partner
- Slide 4
- Talk Partners Come to a consensus on short definitions of the following: Growth Mindset; Fixed Mindset Please write these down.
- Slide 5
- Slide 6
- Fixed vs. Growth Mindset With your talk partner and then with your table, fill out the blank chart. No more than 6 words per category and the fewer words the better! How do people of these differing mindsets deal with CHALLENGES? How do they react when an OBSTACLE is placed in front of them? What is their view on EFFORT? How do they deal with CRITISISM? How do they feel about the SUCCESS OF OTHERS?
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Self Reflection Have you ever had a bad day teaching? Have you ever had a class that was hard to deal with? Have your students ever been hard to motivate? What did you do? How hard was it on you?
- Slide 9
- Talk Partners Are you a Growth Mindset or a Fixed Mindset person? Where do you think most of our students are?
- Slide 10
- Slide 11
- Talk Partners Whats missing in your students to achieve a Growth Mindset Classroom?
- Slide 12
- Angela Lee Duckworth 6:12
- Slide 13
- Slide 14
- Whats Missing? Productive Struggle Grit Productive Persistence Productive Perseverance Failure with a purpose
- Slide 15
- Slide 16
- How do we teach it?
- Slide 17
- Change the Culture Of your classroom! Student Mindset Cant be afraid to take chances with their thinking Cant be afraid to help others Take responsibility for their own learning Ask questions Teacher Mindset Give up some control Allow yourself to take chances
- Slide 18
- Keys to a Growth Mindset Classroom Classroom organization and procedure (this is NOT a free-for-all!) Expectations Collaboration Choice Formative Assessment
- Slide 19
- Slide 20
- Many say Failure is not an option, but it is the outcome much of the time. How do you deal with it?
- Slide 21
- Formative Assessment and Failure Students must generate the questionsonly then does it have meaning to them Whose questions are you more interested in, yours or someone elses Praise effort instead of talent FAILURE is not the problem, its how they deal with failure that stops or enhances learning. Dont let them give up! MORE experimentation and discovery In the minds of students, when you put a grade on it, its over.
- Slide 22
- Ramsey Mussallam 6:28
- Slide 23
- Famous Failures 2:58
View more >
STY The Fixed Mindset vs. - Sue France FCIPD ?· The Fixed Mindset vs. The Growth Mindset ... mindset…
GROWTH MINDSET growth mindset Mindset: The ?· GROWTH MINDSET! The concept of a growth mindset was developed…
ADAPT THRIVE - Ryan Estis ADAPT THRIVE Great salespeople are more relevant and ... salespeople will lose their jobs to self-service ... have been able to get away with not working
toshiba thrive manual by Nagai thrive+ thrive manual (14.33MB) By Nagai Yui Download toshiba thrive manual by Nagai Yui in size 14.33MB get toshiba thrive manual pdf, update toshiba thrive manual ...
Icebreaking Entrepreneur Mindset - Induction Session.pdf · Entrepreneur Mindset cultivate yourcustomers…
How can you improve your MINDSET? - ?· mindset. How can you improve your MINDSET? Learning self-talk…
A Guide to the Fixed Mindset V the Growth Mindset 2 ?· A Guide to the Fixed Mindset V the Growth Mindset…
Mindset Entrepreneur A New Approach to Sales Success Mindset · Mindset Entrepreneur –A New Approach…
GROWTH MINDSET growth mindset Mindset: The New Psychology ... MINDSET! The concept of a growth mindset was developed by psychologist Carol Dweck and popularized in her book, Mindset: The New Psychology of Success.
GROWTH MINDSET TOOLKIT OVERVIEW - Toolkit ©KASC Growth Mindset Toolkit GROWTH MINDSET TOOLKIT OVERVIEW…
Fixed vs. Growth Mindset - Office of Undergraduate vs. Growth Mindset Fixed vs. Growth Mindset FIXED MINDSET In a fixed mindset, ... • Mindset: The new psychology of success by Carol Dweck