Introduction to the Growth Mindset. Jobs Most of the jobs that our students will be doing throughout their lives don’t exist yet. What they need to thrive:
out of 23
Post on 24-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Introduction to the Growth Mindset
- Slide 2
- Jobs Most of the jobs that our students will be doing throughout their lives dont exist yet. What they need to thrive: Critical thinking Problem solving Collaboration Adaptability Initiative Analysis Curiosity Imagination Persistence How do we nurture these skills in our classrooms?
- Slide 3
- Talk Partners Each person gets a chance Listen to each other, dont just wait on your turn to talk Dont ignore your talk partner, its rude Give feedback to your talk partner
- Slide 4
- Talk Partners Come to a consensus on short definitions of the following: Growth Mindset; Fixed Mindset Please write these down.
- Slide 5
- Slide 6
- Fixed vs. Growth Mindset With your talk partner and then with your table, fill out the blank chart. No more than 6 words per category and the fewer words the better! How do people of these differing mindsets deal with CHALLENGES? How do they react when an OBSTACLE is placed in front of them? What is their view on EFFORT? How do they deal with CRITISISM? How do they feel about the SUCCESS OF OTHERS?
- Slide 7
- Slide 8
- Self Reflection Have you ever had a bad day teaching? Have you ever had a class that was hard to deal with? Have your students ever been hard to motivate? What did you do? How hard was it on you?
- Slide 9
- Talk Partners Are you a Growth Mindset or a Fixed Mindset person? Where do you think most of our students are?
- Slide 10
- Slide 11
- Talk Partners Whats missing in your students to achieve a Growth Mindset Classroom?
- Slide 12
- Angela Lee Duckworth 6:12
- Slide 13
- Slide 14
- Whats Missing? Productive Struggle Grit Productive Persistence Productive Perseverance Failure with a purpose
- Slide 15
- Slide 16
- How do we teach it?
- Slide 17
- Change the Culture Of your classroom! Student Mindset Cant be afraid to take chances with their thinking Cant be afraid to help others Take responsibility for their own learning Ask questions Teacher Mindset Give up some control Allow yourself to take chances
- Slide 18
- Keys to a Growth Mindset Classroom Classroom organization and procedure (this is NOT a free-for-all!) Expectations Collaboration Choice Formative Assessment
- Slide 19
- Slide 20
- Many say Failure is not an option, but it is the outcome much of the time. How do you deal with it?
- Slide 21
- Formative Assessment and Failure Students must generate the questionsonly then does it have meaning to them Whose questions are you more interested in, yours or someone elses Praise effort instead of talent FAILURE is not the problem, its how they deal with failure that stops or enhances learning. Dont let them give up! MORE experimentation and discovery In the minds of students, when you put a grade on it, its over.
- Slide 22
- Ramsey Mussallam 6:28
- Slide 23
- Famous Failures 2:58
View more >
For jobs that don’t yet exist technologies that haven’t been invented we don’t even know We are currently preparing students for jobs that don’t yet exist.
Preparing for a rapidly changing world. When our current Year 1 cohort reach employable age, 80% of the jobs they will be doing do not even exist yet.
…That 70% of the jobs that will be available to you when you graduate high school don’ t even exist yet?
Did you know… “ We are currently preparing students for jobs that don’t yet exist using technologies that haven’t yet been invented in order to solve problems.
Slide 1 to. Slide 2 Slide 3 Our students today face a brave new world! We are preparing them for jobs that don’t exist yet.
Many of the jobs that will require writers in the next decade have yet to be created, and this means that the writers themselves will need to create.
Growth Mindset. Why Growth Mindset? When students and teachers have a growth mindset, they understand that intelligence can be developed. Students focus.
Going Beyond Growth Mindset: Effective Beyond Growth Mindset: Effective Effort ... A growth mindset is the belief that you can consistently ... What will you need to do between now and then to get
KIDS’ TOP DREAM JOBS. Many kids want to be a superhero or a wizard, but realize that those jobs don’t actually exist. BUT There are a number of actual.
PowerPoint P you may be asking who is this little fellow ... students for jobs that don’t yet ... for haematemesis was to get the patient to suck ice in peace with the ...