fundraising via campaigning glyn thomas
out of 39
Post on 22-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- Fundraising via campaigning Glyn Thomas @glynmthomas
- Goals Recruit new activists to email list. Ensure activists stay engaged. Encourage activists to make one-off donation. Become regular givers.
- Strategy Welcome new people. Range of online actions. Email comms strategy segmentation, testing, reactivation. Encourage one-off donations. Telemarketing.
- Outcomes 277% increase in online actions. Increased overall donor base by 6%. Over 1000 new one-off donors.
- Care 2 2 actions but no donation Bankers Anonymous Facebook 1 action & one- off donation Care2 3 actions & one- off donation 6.3% 7.9% 10.2% 15.2% Telemarketing results
- 1. Segmentation
- 1. Segmentation Never made a donation previously but taken action on food campaign Never made a donation previously and not taken action on food campaign Previous one-off donor Regular giver
- 2. Email is vital Testing. Easy to send multiple versions and have multiple strands at no extra cost. Range of content. Automation.
- 3. Series of online actions Narrative. Tailored versions of campaign actions.
- 4. Lots of opportunities to make first donation (without pissing people off too much) Straight after taking online action. Crowdfunding. Tailored versions of financial appeals.
- 5. Campaigns and Fundraising collaborate
- Five key things for fundraising via campaigning 1. Segmentation of all comms 2. Email is vital 3. Series of online actions - narrative 4. Lots of opportunities for first donation 5. Campaigns & fundraising collaborate
- Or in one word Testing
View more >