out of 47
Post on 05-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis presentation was delivered as part of professional teacher development at the Lusaka International Community School on 10 October 2014.
- 1. ENGAGE!
- 2. To boldly go where no one has gone before
- 3. 11
- 4. 12 Let it go, let it go! Can't hold it back any more. Let it go, let it go! Turn away and slam the door. I don't care what they're going to say.
- 5. 13
- 6. Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones weve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. - US President, Barack Obama
- 7. "Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things. - Economist, Theodore Levitt
- 8. TAKE ACTION!
- 9. Take creative risks
- 10. We cannot be afraid to fail. If failure is never an option, you can never innovate. - Matthew Power
- 11. Knowledgeable Knowledge-Able
- 12. Apples New Screw
- 13. http://gizmodo.com/5738887/apples-new-screws-make-it- impossible-to-open-up-your-iphone http://www.cultofmac.com/183415/apple-may-be-working-on- a-top-secret-assymetric-screw-to-lock-you-out-of-your-devices- forever-rumor/ http://www.theworld.org/2012/08/iphone-5-screw-rumor- goes-viral-shows-gullibility-of-tech-press/ http://www.nbcsandiego.com/blogs/press-here/Apples-New- Screw-Reports-Were-Loose-166111706.html http://www.macworld.com.au/blogs/iphone-5-rumour- roundup-for-the-week-3-69107/ Apples New Screw
- 14. Finally, we just want to say sorry to you who feel cheated, but the meaning behind the experiment may provide longer-term results, that we become more thoughtful about things we see on the Internet. - Day4 Apples New Screw http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/08/13/confirmed-apples-new-asymmetric-screw-fake-created- swedish-production-company/
- 15. Lets Take A Look At Relevant Learning Lets take a look at relevant learning
- 16. Student-centred not teacher-centred
- 17. Multiple sources of info not single textbooks
- 18. Interdisciplinary study not silo subjects
- 19. Learning for life not for year-end exams
- 20. Critical Thinking Communication Collaboration Creation
- 21. PRODUCER PUBLISHER PARTICIPANT PEER-REVIEWER Video and audio captured on mobile phones, cameras Video blog uploaded to internet Pupil tweets about their upload Contributor to content available online from consumer to producer Audience of one to an audience of many Peer reviews received and given Building knowledge Traditional school activity School outing
- 22. Multiple Means of Engaging Tap into learners interests Offer appropriate challenges Increase motivation to learn
- 23. Multiple Means of Learning Give learners different ways of acquiring information, knowledge and skills
- 24. Multiple Means of Assessing Give learners different ways of demonstrating what they know, how they can use information and mastery of core skills
- 25. Its not the Space Shuttle which excites me as much as the possibilities it represents. - former Shuttle astronaut
- 26. facebook.com/headthoughts twitter.com/artpreston +27 21 554 8630
View more >