All About Polar Bears 1 by David Lee. What Polar Bears Look Like……………………….………pg. 3 How Polar Bears Live in the Cold……….………………pg. 7 Are Polar Bears in.
Post on 17-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- All About Polar Bears 1 by David Lee
- Slide 2
- What Polar Bears Look Like.pg. 3 How Polar Bears Live in the Cold.pg. 7 Are Polar Bears in Trouble?..pg. 11 Words to Know..pg. 15 2
- Slide 3
- What Polar Bears Look Like 3
- Slide 4
- Polar bears are very big. They are the largest carnivores (kar-nuh-vores) that live on land. 4
- Slide 5
- Polar bears have thick white fur all over their bodies. Their fur makes them hard to see in the snow. 5 White fur helps polar bears sneak up on animals they are hunting.
- Slide 6
- 6 Polar bears are the only bears with white fur. Here are some other ways they are different from other bears, like this black bear. longer nose smaller ears longer neck
- Slide 7
- How Polar Bears Live in the Cold 7
- Slide 8
- Polar bears have fat called blubber under their skin. The blubber helps them stay warm. 8
- Slide 9
- Baby polar bears need to be warm, so the mother bear digs a den in the snow. The bear cubs are born there. 9 Most mother bears have two cubs at a time.
- Slide 10
- Polar bears big, wide paws help them walk on the snow. Other parts of their paws keep them from slipping on ice. claws fur on bottoms of feet 10 bumpy foot pads
- Slide 11
- Are Polar Bears in Trouble? 11
- Slide 12
- 12 Right now, there are plenty of polar bears. But what about in the future?
- Slide 13
- 13 Polar bears live on ice near the North Pole. As the Earth gets warmer, the ice starts to melt. The average amount of ice is smaller. North Pole Ice in 2012 Average ice 1980 2012
- Slide 14
- Scientists are studying polar bears to see how we can help them. Nobody wants the polar bears to disappear! This scientist is putting a tag on the bear so he can track where it goes. 14
- Slide 15
- Words to Know carnivore: an animal that eats other animals blubber: the fat under the skin of polar bears, whales, seals, and other sea animals average: the middle number between the most and the least 15 End
View more >
By.Hannah Cipperley. Where Polar Bears live Polar Bears live at the top of the World. Polar Bears live in the cold. Polar Bears live in the ice and snow.
Arctic Animals Polar Bears Characteristics of Polar Bears A group of polar bears is called a "Celebration of Polar Bears". Polar bears can grow to 10.
Polar Bear Mothers and Cubs FAQ.KAF - Polar Bears ... Bear Mothers & Cubs 2012 Polar Bears International…
Polar Bears and Brown Bears - Texas Tech ... - NSRL bears and brown bears are ... Evolutionary studies suggest that polar bears evolved from brown bears during the ice ages. The oldest polar bear ...
By Paige Hathaway. Around Polar Bears Polar Bears live at the top of the planet. Polar Bears in the top of the cold. Polar Bears live on ice. Polar Bears.