3 Mitos de Big Data revelados
out of 21
Post on 11-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTION3 Mitos de Big Data revelados Uno. Sobre el tamao de datos: el verdadero valor est en cmo utilizamos los datos, no la cantidad de datos que tenemos. Dos. Todas las personas necesitan acceder a la informacin de manera fcil y rpida. Para resolver esta necesidad requerimos alguien especializado en datos (un Data Scientist) Tres. Existen lo que se denomina "framework de software" especiales como Hadoop. Es un sistema bueno, pero generalmente necesitamos unir informacin de fuentes dispares que se encuentra dispersa.
- 3 Big Data Myths
- Big Data is BIG
- Talk to any business, and theyve probably discussed the topic of big data and what it means for their organization. Perhaps theyve even made an investment in big data with the promise of insight.
- But today, few organizations are realizing the promised value of big data. Thats because they are thinking about it all wrong.
- 1 Its all about size 2 You need a data scientist 3 You need a system like Hadoop 3 myths about big data
- Its all about size Myth
- Talking about size, speed, and complexity misses the real point of big data. Every day, data gets bigger, faster, and more complex. But now weve reached a tipping point.
- Were collecting data about processes and activities that weve never captured before. We call this datafication: its the idea that almost anything can be quantified. And because storage and processing are cheap, we can collect data about almost anything, just in case we need it.
- But just because you have a lot of data doesnt mean you have business value.
- People are still the most important asset of any company. And now the real question becomes what can you learn from your data that would change your business? The most important thing IT can do is to work with the business to determine how the answers to new questions can help drive the business forward.
- Myth You need a data scientist to tame big data.
- Your most valuable technology asset isnt really a technology at all. Its your data. The ability to manage your data well and to extract value from it is critical. But its not necessary to hire a super human data scientist to do it all for you.
- What is important is that you create a culture of data-driven decision making and ensure that everyone across your organization has the data they need to do their job well.
- And, heres a little secret: Most people in your company dont need big data. They need small data. But they need it in a way that is easy to use and gives them the information they need in terms they can understand.
- Myth You need a big data system like Hadoop
- There are a number of new technologies today that help you deal with data including Hadoop. These are great tools to have in your toolbox. But just as you dont need a hammer for every fix-it job, you dont need a Hadoop- like system to solve every data problem.
- Its important to recognize and embrace data disparity. The reality is that your data is not all going to reside in one location. Remember the data warehouse? It was rarely, if ever, the only place that you needed to go for all of your data. And, today, your data may be in even more locations than ever before with the addition of big data architectures and cloud.
- What matters most is the ability to bring data together from many disparate sources in order to solve a business problem or tell a story about a customer.
- So embrace big data and its complexity. Design for it.
- Imagine what youll discover.
- 2014 QlikTech International AB. All rights reserved. Qlik , QlikView , QlikTech , and the QlikTech logos are trademarks of QlikTech International AB which have been registered in multiple countries. Other marks and logos mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. qlik.com
View more >
HISTORIA Y MITOS DE LA ACCION VOLUNTARIA - y mitos en la... HISTORIA Y MITOS DE LA ACCION VOLUNTARIA