Write less, achieve meh - HTML5DevConf 2014
out of 44
Post on 21-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONKeynote at the HTML5DevConf 2014 in San Francisco, explaining how many of the outreach we do these days looks a lot like sales pitches in the mid-noughties. They will make more sense once the video is out.
- WRITE LESS, ACHIEVE MEH Christian Heilmann (@codepo8) HTML5DevConf, SF, May. 2014
- HELLO THERE!
- YOU ARE AWESOME!
- WHO HERE WANTS TO Build rich apps across all platforms? Have amazing app performance without having to worry about your code? Concentrate on writing clean, scalable code using known software paradigms instead of knowing about browser quirks? Pick from an amazing collection of beautiful widgets that users will love?
- THE FUTURE IS HERE!
- WHERE INTERNET EXPERTS OF TOMORROW USE THE HOTTEST PRODUCTS OF TODAY TO BUILD RICH INTERNET APPLICATIONS!
- 5 CDs with 30 day trial versions of the best WYSIWYG editors on the market! 3 fully functional trial licenses for the widget-o- matic server from Macrohard! A cool mouse-mat! 10 vouchers for trial training sessions on our partner products!
- GOOD THING THOSE DAYS ARE OVER.
- OR ARE THEY?
- Im the web Im an app Runs for 800 years without supervision and repairs itself Gets shut down remotely and has no spare parts.
- LINKS, RESOURCES AND CONNECTIONS
- BRINGING THE WEB TO APPS? http://applinks.org/ http://applinks.org/
- UNICORNS EXIST, WE CAN STOP LOOKING FOR THEM http://www.flickr.com/photos/11454687@N03/13337677083
- WEB MOBILE WEB
- GOOD THING THATS OVER FAT, GREY AND ALMOST HUNTED TO EXTINCTION http://httparchive.org/
- HOW COME?
- WHATS WITH THE SUIT? WE KEEP OURSELVES BUSY
- WE ADD BITS TO MAKE IT PRETTY
- WE USE THIRD PARTY SOLUTIONS TO SHOW OFF
- REDUNDANCY DENIED
- BACK TO BASICS
- WHAT WAS HTML5 MEANT TO DO DIFFERENTLY?
- XHTML PUNISHED USERS FOR OUR MISTAKES
- XHTML WASNT APP READY focused: fullscreen with a simple interface rich in interaction: touch enabled app interaction elements mobile: works oine integrated: works with the OS and has hardware access responsive and fast: runs smooth, can be killed without taking down the rest of the OS
- NOW WE HAVE THAT! focused: fullscreen APIs, manifest les. rich in interaction: new input types mobile: appcache, localStorage, indexedDB/WebSQL integrated: WebAPIs, Open Web Apps responsive and fast: too much to mention.
- BEST FOOT FORWARD!
- DEAD LINKS AND BROKEN BUTTONS
- SHODDY ERROR HANDLING / A11Y
- WE CAN DO MUCH BETTER!
- WE GET MUCH MORE CONTROL http://www.flickr.com/photos/10307897@N07/3573120848/
- SERVICEWORKER = CONTROLLED APPCACHE + RESOURCE LOAD CONTROLLER https://github.com/slightlyoff/ServiceWorker
- WEB COMPONENTS = BROWSER-NATIVE WIDGETS http://www.w3.org/TR/components-intro/
- THIS = NEW WHEEL();
- EXTENDING VS. RE-INVENTING
- DOING IT RIGHT FROM THE START http://www.polymer-project.org/articles/accessible-web-components.html
- LESS SNAKE OIL http://www.flickr.com/photos/21896484@N02/2726201320
- MORE AWESOME PLUMBING! http://www.flickr.com/photos/55262442@N00/4266753830/
- WELCOME TO THE BRING YOUR OWN SOLUTION PLATFORM
- WELCOME TO THE BRING YOUR OWN SOLUTION PLATFORM FIND THE BRICKS YOU LIKE AND BUILD SOMETHING AMAZING http://www.flickr.com/photos/29498428@N00/2314610838/
- DONT GLUE THEM TOGETHER!
- LETS GO EXPLORING! THANKS! CHRIS HEILMANN @CODEPO8
View more >
Achieve 2014 - Maroon Discover Achieve 2014 Quality Enhancement Plan Submitted by Mississippi State University to the ... Figure 5: Maroon and Write t-shirts ...
Meh _> Mermug Man Chan. Legal Form of Meh _> Pro All profit Less regulatory controls Easy to start Con Unlimited liability All work.
Procrastinating Less, Write More - Academic Ladder Less, Write More ... the authors suggest that procrastinators