world war 2
Post on 28-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. World War 2
2. V-J Day
- Victory of Japan Aug. 14, 1945
3. V-E Day
- Victory in Europe
- WW2 ends
- May 8, 1945
- Genocide of European Jews by Nazi Germany in 1930s and 1940s
- Six million Jews died in concentration camps
5. Battle of Midway
- US Navy engaged Japanese Imperial Fleet in most decisive naval battle of WW2
- US victory was turning point in war in Pacific
- Japanese Navy aid and waste
- Policy of giving in to an aggressors demands in order to keep peace
7. Battle of Bulge
- Thousands of Allied troops mortally wounded to secure final victory
- Germans staged last major offenses against Allies
- Lightening war
- 1 stbomb then move in with tanks and troops like against Poland
- 1 stJapanese city US dropped bomb
- 2 ndJapanese city US dropped a bomb
- Prejudice, against Jews
- Britain, France, Russia, USA
- The government has total control of a persons life, dicatorship
14. Axis Powers
- Germany, Italy, and Japan formed Rome-Berlin-Tokyo Axis
- Had agreements for Alliance cleared way of anti-democratic aggressor powers
15. Mein Kampf
- A book by Hitler of his obsessions
- Became basic book of Nazi goals and ideology
16. Concentration Camps
- Detention center for civilians who are considered enemies of a country
17. Pearl Harbor
- General Tojo ordered surprise attack on American fleet at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii
- US declared war on Japan
- 1942, 2,403 died
- Dividing and sparation
19. Lend-Lease Act
- It allowed FDR to sell or lend war materials to any country whose defense the president deems vital to the defense to US
- Living space for German Race
- Japanese pilots who under took suicide missions crashing their explosive-laden airplanes into American Warships
22. Ribbentrop- Molotov Pact
- German- Soviet Non-Aggression Pact
- To divide Poland
23. Atomic Bomb
- Nagasaki and Hiroshima got A Bombed
- Japanese cities
- Americans set bomb
24. Yalta Agreement
- Feb. 1945
- Churchill, FDR, Stalin met in SU discussed post war
25. Potsdam Agreement
- Agree on policy for occupation and reconstruction of Germany and other nations
- Pres. US WW2
- (32) pres. of US
27. Joseph Stalin
- Dictator of Russia during WW2
- Fought Hitler
28. Adolf Hitler
- Leader of Nazi
- Wrote Mein Kampf
- Dictator of Germany
- Tried to eliminate Jews
- Tried to take over Europe
29. Winston Churchill
- Prime minister of Great Britain during WW2
30. Benito Mussolini
- Dictator of Italy- WW2
- IL Duce
- Allied Commander during WW2
32. What was Europe's position towards Hitler's aggression?
- Europe didnt want another war they gave into Hitler appeasement
33. How did Fascism take shape in Italy?
- Mussolini- dictator came to power governed due to poor leadership, high unemployment, high taxes, promoted nationalism
34. Who were the major players on the global stage?
- Axis- Germany, Japan, Italy, France, US, Great Britain
- Allies- Russia
35. How Nazism took place in Germany?
- Hitler promoted Nationalism poor leadership and bad economic condition and resentment to treaty of Vers.
36. What was the attitude of US before US hit of Pearl Harbor?
- The US wanted to stay out of the war policy
37. Some major battles of WW2?
- Battle of Bulge
- Battle of Midway
- VJ Day
- VE Day
38. Why were casualties so high?
- Weapons more advanced
- Planes dropped bombs, A-bomb, tanks, aircraft carriers, subs
39. Causes of WW2?
- Germany invades Poland
- Economic Depression
- Militarism, Nationalism, Imperialism
- Germany angry over Treaty of Vers.
40. What were the Questions the US had to ask to dropping the A-bomb?
- Should US bomb city to save many US soldiers lives to end the war?