why meetings matter
out of 20
Post on 01-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMeetings are supposed to spur collaboration and create clarity, but more often they create tension in a team. Here are four principles we use at Possible to make meetings remarkable.
- 1. WHY WE CARE ABOUT MEETINGS
- 2. Meetings are supposed to spur collaboration and create clarity.
- 3. But more often they create tension in a team because unclear or broken commitments damage tasks, relationships, and culture.
- 4. We do believe meetings can still work. Here are 4 principles we live by for meetings.
- 5. HOW WE RUN MEETINGS 1. Meet as a last option. 2. Make clear commitments a default by documenting meetings in Asana. 3. Give 24 hours for every 15 minutes of meeting prep. 4. Every meeting should have 1 clear DRI to lead it.
- 6. 1 Meet as a last option.
- 7. Meetings, if not used properly, come at a tremendous time cost to the organization.
- 8. If you have a useless 1 hour meeting with 10 people, you havent wasted 1 hour youve wasted 10 organizational hours.
- 9. If you think something can be accomplished outside of a meeting, its your responsibility to make that suggestion. And its everyones responsibility to treat each meeting as a race to clarity.
- 10. 2 Make clear commitments a default by documenting meetings in Asana.
- 11. Great meetings leave everyone with a clear idea of who will do what by when. Asana is the perfect match for that structure.
- 12. We host all substantial meetings (anything longer than 15 min ad hoc meetings) in Asana.
- 13. 3 Give 24 hours for every 15 minutes of meeting prep.
- 14. Its hard to create a standard rule here, but this is close: for every 15 minutes you expect someone needs to review materials youve prepared for a meeting, grant them 1 day to review.
- 15. 4 Every meeting should have 1 clear DRI to lead it.
- 16. This is an extension of the Directly Responsible Individual (DRI) concept weve borrowed from Apple.
- 17. A meeting is effective if it has a person responsible for building the agenda, sending out materials, keeping the meeting on time, and ending the meeting with clear, documented commitments.
- 18. In summary: Less meetings. More doing.
- 19. JOIN US DONT MISS A SINGLE MILESTONE. Receive patient stories, crucial impact data, and more. SIGN ME UP
- 20. CONTACT US OUR OFFICES USA 17 W. 17th Street, 7th Floor New York, NY 10011 NEPAL Badelgada, Ridikot-2 Achham, Nepal GENERAL INQUIRIES firstname.lastname@example.org DONATIONS email@example.com PRESS firstname.lastname@example.org DONATE VIEW JOBS
View more >