what is guerilla marketing?
DESCRIPTIONWhat is guerilla marketing? . Fall 2006. Guerilla Marketing. Guerilla marketing is an unconventional way of performing marketing activities intended to get maximum results from minimal resources. Guerilla Marketing. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
What is guerilla marketing?
Guerilla Marketing• Guerilla marketing is an unconventional way
of performing marketing activities intended to get maximum results from minimal resources.
Guerilla Marketing• It is defined as unconventional marketing designed
for low budgets and maximum impact. • Guerilla marketing gets you and your company in
front of future customers in the places that they frequent.
• Customers today are bombarded with traditional advertising and have become resistant and unaffected by it. Meaning: it is time to change the way you market.
Guerilla Marketing• Is all about creativity and psychology instead of
experience, judgment, and guesswork. • Because of the lack of resources, small business
must use a different set of marketing strategies and tactics than big business.
• The examples you just saw could be conducted at a minimal expense, while advertising on radio or local T.V. stations would cost much more.
Psychological factors• In addition, the psychological factor is very
effective and it makes people talk about what they saw, which in turn draws them into a personal relationship with your product. They begin to talk about the promotion they saw with their family, friends and others.
Guerilla Marketing• Guerilla marketers should always use a
combination of marketing methods for a campaign, such as new technology and resources that are available.
• Focus on creative, conceptual ideas that will have a residual lasting effect on your target.
• Your promotion should make them think of your product or service long after they encountered your marketing efforts.
Guerilla Marketing• Guerilla marketing is a success if the
campaign has a lasting effect and profits spike shortly after. So the next time you want to promote your product, eat a banana and watch the guerilla grow in you!
Examples of Guerilla Marketing
Here is an example of bathroom advertising in Thailand, pitching
Scott brand tissue paper
Guerilla marketing• Landing the deal means approaching your
customers creatively. Where they can't look away.
• Talk to your customers where they aren't expecting you to...where their defenses (and possibly their pants) are down.
Resources• Tech Village: Examples of Guerrilla