WEB OPERATING SYSTEM BY XIAO HAN BY XIAO HAN XH2124@COLUMBIA.EDU XH2124@COLUMBIA.EDU.
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- WEB OPERATING SYSTEM BY XIAO HAN BY XIAO HAN XH2124@COLUMBIA.EDU XH2124@COLUMBIA.EDU
- Slide 2
- Web OS definition Web OS provides OS services to wide-area applications, including mechanisms for resource discovery, a global namespace, remote process execution, resource management, authentication, and security History Web OS began at the University of California, Berkeley in the Network of Workstations project. And now it became a very popular term with many websites providing these kind of service
- Slide 3
- Web OS versus tradition single PC OS Web OS PC OS Technology: AJAX +FLASH c /assembly Built on any other OS directly on hardware Internet online on browser offline is ok Application installed on server installed on local disk SECURITY volatile safe FILE SYSTEM wide areas file system ntfs,fat32,ext2,ext3
- Slide 4
- How to use Web OS. register an account and login to Web OS web site You OS www.youos.com it is very similar to other OS we have usedwww.youos.com
- Slide 5
- Comparison of several popular Web OS YouOS EyeOS Desktop2
- Slide 6
- Slide 7
- Other famous web service can be developed to Web OS Facebook facebook platform, facebook open api, facebook application, fql and fbml. Google: Gmail -outlook, GDoc -resource manger,Pisca-acd see google api Microsoft windows live
- Slide 8
- Advantages 1 occupies little hard disk space 2 occupy small CPU resources 3 can be obtained at any OS with web browser Disadvantages that needs to be improved 1 easy to be hacked 2 can not be obtained offline 3 can not program on the local hardware so USB disk and CDROM can not be used. 4 more bandwidth is needed for multiple programs to run simultaneously
- Slide 9
- Prospect of Web OS and single PC os Web OS will take more and more important role in the future More and more applications will be web os based single PC OS will not fade away microsoft windows and linux will still provide plenty of application.But the good thing is that customers will have more choices
View more >
NAN XIAO - XIAO Assistant Professor ... J., Xiao, N., and H.R.Rao. 2015. ... Hospital Emergency Department’s Capacity in Extreme Events.
Detection Evolution with Multi- Order Contextual Co-Occurrence Guang Chen (Missouri) Yuanyuan Ding (Epson) Jing Xiao (Epson) Tony Han (Missouri)
MATLIP: MATLAB-Like Language for Image Processing Pin-Chin Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org)email@example.com Shariar Zaber Kazi (firstname.lastname@example.org)email@example.com.
Histo On Your Nerves SSN Histology October 26th, 2004 Missy Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org So Young Kim, email@example.com.
Single-Channel Speech Enhancement in Both White and Colored Noise Xin Lei Xiao Li Han Yan June 5, 2002.
K. PHILIP CHOONG and ZHAOHONG HAN Teachers College, Columbia University firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Task Complexity and Output Complexity: