verbal - ppsc spsc nts fpsc css pms mcqs ?· web viewchoose the word most similar in meaning to...
Post on 10-Jun-2018
Embed Size (px)
RESCUE & SAFETY OFFICER
Complete the sentences by choosing the most appropriate option, from the given lettered choices (A to D/E) below each.
1. ______ bothers me most is the high cost of the tuition.
2. The unique world of the film is______, both wholly recognizable and unfamiliar.
Five lettered pairs (A to E) follow a related pair of words given in capitals. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair in capitals.
3. INITIATE: END::
A. attend: ignore
B. freeze: harden
C. remain: retreat
D. infer: imply
E. require: insure
Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters.
Choose the word most similar in meaning to the capitalized ones.
Questions 6-7 are based on the following passage.
The presentation could have been more interesting if the speakers had used some visuals. Colorful visuals projected on a screen would have made it easier for the audience to follow the main points. Without this support, most of us felt lost. The presenter should also speak more loudly. Most of us, particularly those sitting in the back of the room, could not hear him very well and were not able to follow his main points. The way a presentation is made is just as important as the content. However good the content may be, it is lost if it is not clearly presented. Before giving this presentation again, this presenter should develop some visual aids to use with it and practice speaking more loudly.
6. How does the author describe the presentation?
C. visually exciting
7. What does the author say about the presenter?
A. He should speak louder
B. He was easy to hear
C. He should speak more clearly
D. He was easy to follow
Six contestants, Bano, Farah, Irum, Kiran, Mona and Sara, have been given an embroidery task to complete in a given time, such that
Farah finishes ahead of both Irum and Kiran.
Mona finishes in third place.
Bano finishes neither first nor last.
8. Which of the following could be the finishing order of the six contestants, from first to last?
A. Farah, Mona, Irum, Kiran, Bano, Sara
B. Bano, Sara, Mona, Farah, Irum, Kiran
C. Sara, Irum, Mona, Farah, Bano, Kiran
D. Farah, Sara, Mona, Irum, Kiran, Bano
E. Farah, Sara, Mona, Bano, Kiran, Irum
9. All of the following could be a complete and accurate list of the finishing order of the six contestants except:
A. Sara, Farah, Mona, Bano, Irum, Kiran
B. Farah, Sara, Mona, Bano, Kiran, Irum
C. Farah, Bano, Mona, Sara, Irum, Kiran
D. Sara, Bano, Mona, Kiran, Irum, Farah
E. Farah, Kiran, Mona, Irum, Bano, Sara
10. Which of the following is a complete and accurate list of all contestants who could finish first?
A. Farah, Irum or Sara
B. Farah, Irum, Kiran or Sara
C. Farah or Mona
D. Farah or Sara
E. Farah, Irum or Kiran
Ever since I arrived at the college last week, Ive been shocked by the poor behavior of students and the unfriendly attitude of the townspeople, but the professors are very erudite and genuinely helpful. Still, I wonder if I should have come here in the first place.
11. Which of the following, if true, would weaken the above conclusion?
A. Professors are not always helpful to students.
B. The college numbers over 50,000 students.
C. The college is far from the students home.
D. Not all professors have doctorates.
E. The narrator was unsure of staying at the college.
12. If Y C V G T means W A T E R, then what does H K T G means?
13. Insert mathematical signs to complete the equation:
25 ___ 5 ___ 4 = 1
B. x, +
C. -, -
14. Where was the First Round Table Conference held in 1930?
15. OIC is the abbreviation of:
A. Organization of Islamic countries
B. Organization of Islamic conference
C. Organization of International colleges
D. Organization of Islamic channels
16. The earths rotation on its axis is from:
A. South to North
B. North to South
C. East to West
D. West to East
17. Wheel is a symbol of?
18. Only Pakistani scientist who won the Nobel Prize is:
A. Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan
B. Dr. Abdus Salam
C. Dr. Munir Ahmed Khan
D. Dr. Samar Mubarak Mand
19. The research which is totally based on inductive theory is known as:
A. quantitative research
B. qualitative research
C. fundamental research
D. natural research
20. The Skill development service rendered by a case worker through an agency is called:
A. Role Playing
D. None of the above
21. Community development workers ________ community and create awareness about the problem
22. In case of termination of an employee on grounds other than moral misconduct, ______ also serves as important evidence.
A. Attendance record
B. Overtime record
C. Salary history
D. Medical record
E. A, B and C only
23. Mitigation means:
A. Risk response time
B. Reducing risk
C. Managing risk
D. Avoiding risk
E. A, B and C only
24. Reacting to a disaster is:
C. Disaster management
D. All of the above
25. Getting back on the feet refers to:
A. Response to disaster
B. Mitigation of disaster
C. Preparedness for disaster
D. Recovery from disaster
E. All of the above
26. Community Emergency Response Team is formed for:
A. Disaster preparedness
B. Disaster mitigation
C. Disaster response
D. Disaster prevention
E. All of the above
27. ______ have immediate impacts on human health, property, and secondary impacts causing further death and suffering.
A. Environmental emergencies
B. Complex emergencies
C. Pandemic emergencies
D. Natural emergencies
28. If you are leading a team in an emergency situation, how would you manage your team?
A. Be part of each and every activity
B. Give a detailed plan
C. Oversee each and every activity
D. Both B and C
E. All of the above
SAMPLE PAPER RESCUE & SAFETY OFFICER