travel tips to india by @coryjim @yanceyu
out of 85
Post on 19-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. IndiaTravel Tips to % * u
- 2. for those who have not yet visited, this is probably your point of reference...
- 3. or perhaps this...
- 4. or maybe something like this...
- 5. for us, it was all of the above and more, but...
- 6. prior to even landing to india, was an adventure in itself...
- 7. tip#oneget your visa
- 8. little did we know you needed one toeven get into india. *thanks CAREY
- 9. so we had to fly from hawaii -> san franciscoto the india visa office.
- 10. with a cueof about100 people,it tookall dayto process,and...
- 11. instead of waiting for hours and hours, we took a quick road trip to visit...
- 12. and slideshare spreading our aloha spirit to the entire San Francisco team!
- 13. we also had an opportunity to share with linkedin employees about slideshare! *thanks marisa
- 14. since we were inthe neighborhood,we also stoppedto visit our friendnancy Duarte!
- 15. finally after waitingall our visas. day, we got now ON our WAY to india!
- 16. but, first we had to flyall the way back to hawaiiand catch our original plane!
- 17. tip#twotravel TO GO
- 18. We dont know about you,but we try to avoidcheckin baggage whenever we travel
- 19. so we can savea lot of time and avoid the baggage claim.
- 20. knowing ahead of time the VARIOUS modes oftransportation in india,
- 21. we only had 1 carry on and 1 bag was all we took for our TWO WEEK LONG trip.
- 22. tip#threebe alert
- 23. the chhatrapati shivaji international airport can be a little crazy at times?!
- 24. right outside there are many peoplewho can spot a touristfrom a mile away.
- 25. and may take advantage of that by taxing you to help with your luggage.
- 26. to be safe, do everythingyourself,or you can...
- 27. tip#fourbefriend a local
- 28. india is home to1.2 billion people. the 2nd most populated country in theworld!
- 29. our new friendviswanathan was more than willingto show us around,
- 30. and explained to us a lot about indiasexpansive culture, customs and traditions.
- 31. he even got us to dress up in traditional kurta indian attire so we could blend in more.
- 32. There is nofavor in friendship. you can demand it. - Viswanathan
- 33. tip#fivelearn the history
- 34. the historic taj mahal, one of theseven wonders of the world!
- 35. we got a chance to meet the 17th genartisans that helped craft the taj mahal.
- 36. still to this daythey practice the samemethods of cutting the various stones.
- 37. one tiny piece is made up of manyvarious stones toform a little circle,
- 38. and here is an example of a finished piece made entirely out of marble and stone.
- 39. the gateway of indiawas built in 1911 to welcome the king and queen of England.
- 40. the prince of wales museumhouses approximately50,000 exhibitsof ancient india.
- 41. tip#SIXtry the food
- 42. this interesting bread & dip calledchola bhatura was delicious! *Thank you Urvashi
- 43. and you cant go to india without having some authentic curry and naan bread!
- 44. we came across thisdonut hole shop calledmad over donuts!
- 45. THEY MAKE SPECIALTY DONUT HOLES FILLED AND COVERED WITH YUMMY DELICIOUS GOODNESS!
- 46. just be cautious of what you eat. we recommend you dont eat off the street.
- 47. it is not the most hygienic,but if you think youhave a strong stomachgo for it!
- 48. tip#SEVENdrink bottled water
- 49. the water in india is not recommended to drink if it is not from a sealed bottle.Photo: Carol Mitchell
- 50. THERE ARE A LOT OF FOOD VENDORS AND VARIOUS PLACES TO GET YOUR THIRST QUENCHED; HOWEVER, Photo: Pham Truong Son
- 51. WHAT YOU WANT TO DO ISDOUBLE, TRIPLE CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR WATER BOTTLE COVER IS SEALED.
- 52. HOPEFULLY YOUR HOTEL OR PLACE YOU ARE STAYING will BRING YOU BOTTLED WATER DAILY.*hotel Jewel of chembur did!
- 53. tip#EIGHTdont feed the needy
- 54. india has the largestconcentration of poorpeople in the worldwith nearly 70% living on less than$2.00 u.s. per day.
- 55. YOU MAY HAVE A FEW EXTRARUPEES OR AMERICAN DOLLARSTO SPARE...WHY NOT help?
- 56. because once yougive to one, all the kids show upand ask for more! photo: whereispops
- 57. many children see povertyas a way of life and make it a career.by supporting them is only prolonging it.
- 58. tip#NINEdo business
- 59. we visited slideshares office in new delhi, and got to know the amazing team there!
- 60. but the main reason why we were there was to teach a 2-day presentation workshopclick to visit:
- 61. to the brandscapesworldwide team about how to designempowered presentations!
- 62. there were a lot of laughs, fun, aha moments and design paradigm shifts!
- 63. tip#tenhave A GOOD TIME
- 64. who would have thunk that there was sucha cool place that reminded us of home.
- 65. listening to a hindirock band drinking indian beer at thehard rock cafe was an experience.
- 66. or grab a horse and carriage ride along strand road near the gateway of india.
- 67. have a seat and attempt todraw a painting at the prince of wales museum,
- 68. or go shopping at the MODERN palladium mall.
- 69. *bonus tip!get a driver
- 70. as a visiting tourist it may not be as easy getting from point a to point b as you think.
- 71. there are many taxis,trains and busses,but you take the chance of gettinglost or taken advantage of.
- 72. having your own personal driver can save time, energy and in some cases money too
- 73. letting you sit back, relaxand enjoy the ride!
- 74. *bonus tip!immigration
- 75. so your trip has come to an end. There is still one more thing to consider which is the immigration line at the airport.
- 76. Arrive really early for your flight.make sure you have all your visas, passports and paperwork ready or risk missing your plane!
- 77. recap:
- 78. get your visalearn THE historydo businesstravel TO GOtry the foodHAVE A GOOD TIMEbe alertbottled water*GET A DRIVERBEFRIEND a localdont feed THE NEEDY*IMMIGRATION
- 79. we had an amazing time.mahalo to all our friends weve made.we cant wait to return!#EPINDIA
- 80. view more travel tips to:
View more >