The Scientific Method Using Plant Experiments to discover the Scientific Method.
Post on 21-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- The Scientific Method Using Plant Experiments to discover the Scientific Method
- Slide 2
- Types of Plant Experiments Plus or Minus Treatment With or without Dose-Response Study Variation in amount Factional Experiment Two variables Comparative Experiment Plant species vary
- Slide 3
- Using the Scientific Inquiry Method Plant a Question Sprout a Guess Design a Growing Experiment Identify independent variable Identify dependent variable Record Fruitful Observations Harvest Conclusions
- Slide 4
- Using Experimental Design Methods Brainstorming - Four Question Strategy Experimental Design Diagrams Determine Procedure Conduct Experiment Record Results Analysis of Results Conclusion
- Slide 5
- Four Question Strategy 1) What materials are readily available for conducting experiments on ? 2) How do act? 3) How can I change a set of _ materials to affect the action? 4) How can I measure how ______ respond to the change?
- Slide 6
- What materials are readily available for conducting experiments on PLANTS? Plants Soil Fertilizers Water Light Containers
- Slide 7
- How do PLANTS act? Grow Reproduce Produce oxygen Produce sugar Produce fruit
- Slide 8
- How can I change a set of PLANT materials to affect the action? Plants Soil Fertilizers Water Light Containers
- Slide 9
- How can I measure how PLANTS respond to the change? - Count the number of leaves - Measure stem length - Determine growth rate - Count the number of flowers - Mass of fruit produced - Measure the diameter of the stems - Measure chlorophyll absorption
- Slide 10
- Select Variables Independent Variable - change (#3) - limit to one variable - all other variables are constants Dependent Variable - measure (#4) - limit to one variable
- Slide 11
- Experimental Design Diagram Title: The effect of (IV) on the (DV). Hypothesis: If (IV), then the (DV), will... Independent Variable: Dependent Variable: Constants: ControlVariation IVariation IIVariation III # of Trials# of Trials# of Trials# of Trials
- Slide 12
- Example I Title: The effect of the amount of fertilizer on the height of bean plants. Hypothesis: If different amounts of fertilizer is applied, then the bean plants will vary in height.
- Slide 13
- No Fertilizer5% Fertilizer10% Fertilizer 15% Fertilizer 15 plants15 plants15 plants15 plants Independent Variable: Dependent Variable: Height of Bean Plants in Centimeters Constants: Amount of water, light, soil, temperature, humidity, etc.
View more >
Designing Experiments Using the Scientific Method Key Words Lesson 1 Scientific Method Hypothesis Experiment Data Conclusion Procedure Variable Independent.
Scientific Investigation Using the scientific method and process skills to better understand the world around us. Using the scientific method and process.
Scientific Method. Goal What is the scientific method? What is the scientific method? Does the scientific method work? Does the scientific method work?
Using the Scientific Method Science Experiment the Scientific Method Science Experiment Form ... 1 ...
Scientific Method Scientific Method – Process of critical thinking that uses observations and experiments to investigate testable predictions about the.
Scientific Method - Method Steps in the Scientific Method ... Scientific Experiments Follow Rules ... Remember: To be a Valid ...
Scientific Method Name Bikini Bottom Experiments The ... created by T. Trimpe 2003 Scientific Method Answer Key Bikini Bottom Experiments
The Scientific Method The scientific method incorporates observations, hypotheses, experiments, theories, and laws.
The Scientific Method Organized Common Sense. Scientific Method The scientific Method is a method of answering scientific question.
Scientific Method Science 10. What is it? The scientific method is a way to ask and answer scientific questions by making observations and doing experiments.
Scientific Method. Definition of Scientific Method: ____________________________________ There are ____ steps in the Scientific Method. The goal for using.