t9 replenish' supplies usually ,donated by 'the...

f -, ', \, " r" Community Blood Drive Set t9 Replenish' Supplies Usually ,Donated by ' the Military Petersburg Community Blood Drive is asking all area residents to donate blood at aJocal blood drive on Monday, March 3rd to honor .our , service men and women. Military per- sonnel are typically faithful blood do- nors; however, during the past few months many of them have not been available to donate for the community blood supply. During World War II, civilians on the home-front were asked to step in ' , for military personnel who were 'on ' assignment. Today, all eligible blood donors are encouraged to make an ap- pointment to give blood at the Peters- burg Community bloOd drive, which will be held at the Petersburg Commu- nity,Center in the UBS Mobile Coach from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30', p.m. , Blood 'donors can schedule their appointment, B' utTs ' Denied Area Championship Making the Elementary i, A" Honor RoD - (I-r) Logan Mulanax, Jonathan Ramirez, James Pennington, Taylor Nichols, Miguel Campos, Lacey Ellison, Jayc Waller, Caci Fullingim,' Lauren Salas; Kara Isbell, Blake $mith, lorena Martinez, Katherine Smatley, Lorena Rodriguez; Lillian Reyes, Britney Shedd. PISD AnnounceS Honor Fourth Six'Weeks Petersburg Schools'announce the Jana Belli, Brittney Fullingim, Sarah Honor Rolls for the 4th Six Weeks. Hegi, Kristen Uon, J'Rae . Students making the "A" honor Darci Roark. roll are: " '\, ' Students making , th,e '.'A-B" i ," }rd CampOs, honor roll are: ' Lillian Reyes, Lauren Salas, Katherine ,' 3rd Grade' joseph Cedillo, Smalley, Jayc Waller. 4th Grade Cody Culp, Erika Ortegon, nomonic The Petersburg Lady Buffs came Robertson with 9 points a piece, fol- Logan Mulanax" Blake 5th Pennington, Cecilia Perez, Amanda to the end of the trail last Friday night lowed by Brittney Fullingim 8; Jana Grade - Taylor Nichols, Jonathan. Reyes, Vimiy Rodriguez. 4th Grade in Post atthe hands of the Hamlin Lady Belli 3, Erika Fullingim and Ashley Ramirez, Lorena Rodriguez, Britney - Bethany Griffin, Sage Guadalcasar, Pied pj'pers. Garcia added 2 points a piece. Shedd; 6th Grade - Lacey 'Ellison, Armanda RaqtieJ Sanchez, The Lady Pied Pipers speed, The 20-10 Lady BufIs and first Caci JoFullingim,KaraIsbell, Lorena '"' Dylan Smith. 5th Grade - Marcella quickness and constant full court pres- year Head Hagerman put Martinez, James Pennington. , 7th Belli, Nicholas Campos, Haley ,sure proved lobe too much for the Lady forth a valiant .and represented , G'rade'7 Sandra Garcia,Caleb Griffin, ; , FUllingim, Alexis Joe Montez, Buffs, outscoring them 50-33, while ' our community in grand style. ' Jordan Waller. 8th Grade - Trey ,: Micah Moratez, Danial Ruiz" Dalton forcing 37 turnovers. Congratulations on a great sea- , Fullingim, Cory Jones, Brc' oks Warren. 6th Grade -, Monica , The Lady Buffs were led by son. Mulanax, Jaime Resendiz. 11th Arellano, Patrick Arriaga, Casey Eby, _, Stephanie Sanders and Kandis , Grade - Kyle Burnam. 12th , Continued on pg. 5. -' -- ' .

Upload: others

Post on 03-Jul-2020

Category:

Documents

0 download

TRANSCRIPT

Page 1: t9 Replenish' Supplies Usually ,Donated by 'the Militaryunger.myplainview.com/petersburg/2003/2003-02-21.pdf2003/02/21  · 4th Grade ~, Cody Culp, Erika Ortegon, nomonic The Petersburg

f

-, ', \, "

r"

Community Blood Drive Set t9 Replenish' Supplies Usually ,Donated by 'the Military Petersburg Community

Blood Drive is asking all area residents to donate blood at aJocal blood drive on Monday, March 3rd to honor .our, service men and women. Military per­sonnel are typically faithful blood do­nors; however, during the past few months many of them have not been available to donate for the community blood supply.

During World War II, civilians on the home-front were asked to step in '

, for military personnel who were 'on ' assignment. Today, all eligible blood donors are encouraged to make an ap­pointment to give blood at the Peters­burg Community bloOd drive, which will be held at the Petersburg Commu­nity,Center in the UBS Mobile Coach from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30', p.m. , Blood 'donors can schedule their appointment,

~ady B'utTs' Denied Area Championship

Making the Elementary i, A" Honor RoD - (I-r) Logan Mulanax, Jonathan Ramirez, James Pennington, Taylor Nichols, Miguel Campos, Lacey Ellison, Jayc Waller, Caci Fullingim,' Lauren Salas; Kara Isbell, Blake $mith, lorena Martinez, Katherine Smatley, Lorena Rodriguez; Lillian Reyes, Britney Shedd.

PISD AnnounceS Honor R~lffor ' Fourth Six'Weeks

Petersburg Schools'announce the Jana Belli, Brittney Fullingim, Sarah Honor Rolls for the 4th Six Weeks. ~'" Hegi, Kristen Uon, J'Rae Nichol~,

. Students making the "A" honor Darci Roark. roll are: " '\, ' Students making ,th,e '.'A-B"

i ," }rd Gracle ~' Mig~el CampOs, honor roll are: ' '~ Lillian Reyes, Lauren Salas, Katherine ,'3rd Grade' ~ joseph Cedillo, Smalley, Jayc Waller. 4th Grade ~ , Cody Culp, Erika Ortegon, nomonic

The Petersburg Lady Buffs came Robertson with 9 points a piece, fol- Logan Mulanax" Blake ~mith. 5th Pennington, Cecilia Perez, Amanda to the end of the trail last Friday night lowed by Brittney Fullingim 8; Jana Grade - Taylor Nichols, Jonathan . Reyes, Vimiy Rodriguez. 4th Grade in Post atthe hands of the Hamlin Lady Belli 3, Erika Fullingim and Ashley Ramirez, Lorena Rodriguez, Britney - Bethany Griffin, Sage Guadalcasar, Pied pj'pers. Garcia added 2 points a piece. Shedd; 6th Grade - Lacey 'Ellison, Armanda Moreno~ RaqtieJ Sanchez,

The Lady Pied Pipers speed, The 20-10 Lady BufIs and first Caci JoFullingim,KaraIsbell, Lorena'"' Dylan Smith. 5th Grade - Marcella quickness and constant full court pres- year Head ~oachAmy Hagerman put Martinez, James Pennington. ,7th Belli, Nicholas Campos, Haley

~ ,sure proved lobe too much for the Lady forth a valiant ~ffort .and represented , G'rade'7 Sandra Garcia,Caleb Griffin, ; , FUllingim, Alexis LUlla~ Joe Montez, Buffs, outscoring them 50-33, while ' our community in grand style. ' Jordan Waller. 8th Grade - Trey,: Micah Moratez, Danial Ruiz" Dalton forcing 37 turnovers. Congratulations on a great sea- ,Fullingim, Cory Jones, Brc'oks Warren. 6th Grade -, Monica

, The Lady Buffs were led by son. Mulanax, Jaime Resendiz. 11th Arellano, Patrick Arriaga, Casey Eby, _, Stephanie Sanders and Kandis , Grade - Kyle Burnam. 12th Gr~de:, , Continued on pg. 5.-' -- ' .

Page 2: t9 Replenish' Supplies Usually ,Donated by 'the Militaryunger.myplainview.com/petersburg/2003/2003-02-21.pdf2003/02/21  · 4th Grade ~, Cody Culp, Erika Ortegon, nomonic The Petersburg

Pille 1, Friday, February 21, 2003 PetersbDl'l Post

Senior Citizens Petersburg Senior Citizens met

Friday. February ~4, 2003 for a busi­ness meeting and catered luncheon.

The'Valentine motif was used in the decorations • and entertainment was fumish~ by John and Maybelle Francis of Silverton.

Their musical duo is know as "Grammy and Pop" and these talented people sang and played their instru­ments for an hour of beautiful songs and,entertainment.

Emphasis was given to Love Songs such as "Love Me Tender" "My Wild Irish Rose" etc. A special song was dedicat~d to Shirley and Les Overstreet who were celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary this past week. They finished the program with a gospel song, "It Is Well With My Soul. ~ Donald Adrian gave the clos-in, prayer and food blessing. .

It was announced Game Night will be Friday, the 21 st at 6 p.m. at the Community Center. Corne and enjoy games and fellowship. Anyone who wishes to play is welcome. ,

The next meeting will be held F~bnwy 28th at the Community_~~:

. ter.

ACU Student from Petersburg' Named to

Dean IS Honor Roll Kamie Allmon from petersburg

, was named to the Dean's Honor Roll , at Abilene Christian University for the fall 2002 semester.

. To make the Dean's Honor roll. a student must obtain a grade poi'nt average of 3:5 or better for the semes­ter.

Located about 150 miles west of -the Dallas/Fort Worth area. ACU is a national leader in Christian higher edu­cation with an enrollment of approxi­mately 4.700 students from '50 states and 60 nations. '

TEEA Club Meets Six members of the Petersburg

Chapter of TEEA met on Thursday, February 13. 2003 in the home of Lonelle Davis. .

Guests of the club were 3 mem­bers from the Abernathy Chapter of the Club.

Letter to the Editor

To honor the many veterans of our military that reside at Prairie House

After a brief business meeting and the ones in the future, we have Kay Taylor of Abernathy gave an in- started the "Raise the Aag Fund". Our teresting program on "Buttons". She goal is to have two flagpoles with the gave the history of the origin of but- American and Texas flags that will be tons and told of how they show the in- proudly flown in front dour home. We fluence of history down through the are hoping to raise enough donations ' aies. Members shared their collection to install lights so the flags can be flown of buttons and showed gannents deco- at all times.

T:~"'\ MEMBER .4 2003

TEXAS PRESS 'ASSOCIATION

Petersburg ~ost ' Publication No-­USPS 6Ol-l4O

ISSN··I0SO-5113

rated with buttons. Extra funds raised will be used Guests from Abemathy were Faye to personally recognize each veteran in The Petersburg Journal was

, Pope. Mae Johnson and Kay Taylor. our home on the appropriate holidays. . ,; established in 1926. The Petersburg Petersburg members were Lucille ' If you would like to be a part of the ' Post was established in 1962. The

Moore. Barbara Smith, Janie Sims, "Raise the Fiag Fund", on 'tour check ' papers consolidated in 1967. The office of the Petersburg Post

. TwillaMorris, KayleneLaytonandthe please note that it is for the "Raise the is located at 1412 Ave. Gin Petersburg. hostess. ' Baa Fund" , The paper is published weekly with the

The next meeting will be March Thank you, , exceptjons of July 4th and New Years 13, 2003. Mike Thompson week. It is entered as periodicals at Pe-

MIchael A. Guido -Metter. Geo,.;a

"I want a job," said a graduate. "and I'm well trained. What's the first thing I should do to insure success?"

"Son," advised the interviewer. "you were late for your appointment. Get rid of your expensive wrist watch and buy an alann clock." -

. An ounce of punctuality is worth a pound of promises. A pint of effort is worth a gallon of excuses. An inch of cooperation is worth a yard of com­pliments.

The Living Bible says, "Work ­hard and with gladness all the time,

. doing the will of God with all your hearts. Remember the Lord will pay you for each good thing you do. "

Director of Public Relations tersburg, TX. 792S0. " Prairie House Living Center SUBSCRIPflON RATES ARE: 1301 Mesa Drive $20.00 HALECo. " - '

, $21.00 - OlTI' OF COUN1'Y $22,.00 - OUT OF STATE·

. POST MASTER Send Address , correction to ' Petersburg !>Ost ' ,1'080)(248 .

Petersburg. TX 79250 Ricky Martinez, Publisher Becky Champion Editor

SECURITY

A man's country is not a c~rtain area of land, of mountains, rivers" and woods, but it is a principle; and .

patriotism is loyalty to that principle. Free Digital or Analog CeO pbone & ACCessories!

Free Leather Case, Home & Car Chargers 800 Day Minutes, 35" Nites & W-Ends. $40

Free U.S. Long Distance, CaUer-ID, Voice Mail Don HendeDQn - PH 292-0009

"Your Cell-ONE Professional"

Obituaries BUlAdams

Social Security Myths

part time for a few' years ~fore they retirement benefit or a $1.500 widow's retire., A few years of lower earnings, benefit. You could take a reduced re­,when averaged out over a 35-year time tirement benefit of about $800 at age span. will not have a great impact on 62 and then switch to your full $1,500

Memorial services for William R. Social Security is one of the big- ' your eventual Social Security benefits. , widow's benefit at your full retirement . "Bill" Adams, 60, were held on Sun- gest federal government programs. ' Myth Two: "I can start my age. day, February 16, 2003, at 2 p.m. at , And sometimes it seems the number Soelal Seeurity at 62 at a reduced Myth Three: "There's a Umit the Lubbock Health Care Center with of myths and misconceptions about rate and later switch to full retire- _ that you will pay to a married Drew Potter officiating Social Security has a direct correlation ment beneflts.'" . couple." ,

His body was donated to the to the size of the program. I will help Sorry, but that's wrong. If you That's true only in the sense that Texas Tech Health Sciences Center. clear up some of those misunderstand- take a reduced benefit, the reduction there , is a limit to the Social Security

Mr. Adams died Tuesday, Febru- ings and set the record straight. generally will stay with you for the rest retirement benefits that any person can ary 11,2003. - Myth One: ,"My benefit is, ,of your life. There are only two ex- . receive. But two people mamed to

He was born November 19, 1942 based on my last three years oIwork ceptions. One happens if you retire and each other can each receive the maxi­in Plainview and graduated from Texas or my highest five years of earn- take reduced benefits, and then return . mum payment. In other words, there Tech with a bachelor of science degree ings. " ,to work for a while. forcing us to stop is no "marriage penalty." A husband's

, in agriculture. He was employed with Social Security retirement ben- your benefits while you're working. . Social Security benefit does not offset the U.S. Commerce Department as an efits are based on your lifetime aver- When you reach your full retirement a wife's Social Security benefit. aDd agriculture statistician for 23 years be- age earnings, not just your last three . age, we will refigure your benefits and vice versa. In 2003, the maximum re­fore retiring in 1990. years or five highest years. In almost . charge you with a reduction only for tirement benefit payable to someone

He was a mem\Jer of the Tech . all cases, we use your highest 35 years , those months you actually got a So- turning age 6S and 2 months (the "full Alumni Association in Washington. (notnecessarilyconsecutive)tofigure . cial Security check. Theotherexcep- retirement age") is $1.741. Soifahus­,D.-C .• the Democratic Party and the your retirement benefit. If you haven't tion applies only to widows and wid- band and wife each turned 65 and 2, Church of Christ. worked for 3S years, we m,ust add owers. They can start getting reduced months this year and If each earned the

Surviving are two brothers, J.D. "zero" years to your computation. One . benefits on one record and later switch maximum benefit, each would get Adams of Petersburg and Tho,mas upside to the high number of years to a full benefit on another record. $1,741 or $3,482 combined. Adams of Austin iuid a sister, Edith used to compute benefits is that a few Let's say you are a widow due a $1,000 Darlene Adams of Lubbock. years of lower earnings won't have a

The family suggests memorials to dramatic impact on your Social Secu­the Family Council at Lubbock Health rity pension. Many people retire be~

, Care Center or the Texas Tech Alumni fore they turn 62 (the earliest age they , .. :: Association. :-can get Social Security) or they work

_ •• ( f . • _

Abel' Funeral Home 411 • 16th Street,

P.O. Box 599 Abernathy, Texas 79311

-(806) 298·233.1 .

, 223 South Main P.O. Box 542

. Hale Centerl Texas 79041 . (806) 839·2626

or visit our website at:

wwW:abellfuneraihome.com'

"Ind,ependently Owned Er Operated"

Page 3: t9 Replenish' Supplies Usually ,Donated by 'the Militaryunger.myplainview.com/petersburg/2003/2003-02-21.pdf2003/02/21  · 4th Grade ~, Cody Culp, Erika Ortegon, nomonic The Petersburg

Pale 4, Friday, Febnulry 21, 2003 Petersb1ll'l Post

loma's ImpreSSionsl Basketball season is fini~hed a pair of cowboy boots in the crow~,

for 2003 for both the boy and girl's but they sounded like a bunch of gut­teams. It.was a good season, SUC- · tersnipes. I'm not talking about just cessful season, and an excellent one or two out of a crowded gym, but

enought that it sounded as if it were way for Amy Hagennan to remem- the majority. . ber her first year as ahead coach and coach Torres to add to his book of Wim~rly won, but not by a lot.

We had nO' dog in, that fight, but we '". memories. It will be a good had come hoping to see WimberJy add

memory for the seniors on both another win to their already impres­teams to remeber their last basket-sive list of victories. At the end of the ball season in 'high school. Sure game we left thinking it just might everyone--coaches, teammates and have done their fans some good to lose. fans have the dream of going all the On hindsight I realize that was not a way, winning at state, but the fact good attitude to have had. This was that we didn't doesn't make the sea- just a bunch of kids playing a GAME! son .a failure. It's a game, someting Do you see ~hat I mean? We often to be enjoyed. Look up the defini- 'lose sight of the purpose of games. We

are'the spectators, not the participants. tion for yourself. The dictonary We are there to encourage the team of

'gives the meaning for "game" as our choice as they learn to playas a follows: I.Any form of play; team by the rules of the game that are amusement recreation; sport; frolic; enforced by the hired referees. I am play. That sounds like an activity so glad that I live in a community that that is to be enjoyed. The key word realizes that. We finished out our sea­here is enjoy. - .,.-son at Post last Friday night as the girls

Opa and I saw a lot of basketball lost a GAME. When the game was 'games the past three mO!1ths, ~attered over; team, coaches and fans showed around the South Plains and down in good sportsmanship. It wasn't the end central Texas. We enjoyed watching of the world, just the end of a season . . all of them. Soine schools have lots Next year will be another year, another of fans that follow their team faithfully. season and thankfully we will all know Others, you can tell, it is pretty much how to behave and enjoy it. the parents and the grandparents of the . ,...-:'~- --:-:----:-:-:--:-.:-::::--, players. I've always been proud of the 'way folks in Petersburg support all of the athletic teams. I'm impressed with their overall behavior. True, occasion­ally there is an over zealous fan or two that disagrees with a call the referee Book matches were Invented inakes. I also admit I see another side by Joshua Pusey, a Philadelphia to that situation now that I have' a son , patent lawyer,ln 1892. . who is a basketball referee,but over ,' all, Petersburg has no reason to be ashamed: I could not say that if I lived in Wimberly. Opa and I have..ecendy returend from a visit there and while there we went to one of their boy's basketball games. We had read in the Wimberly newspaper that the boy!~d won their last 23 games so we thought we w,ould. go watch them play. They. were playing Ingram, a town west of . Kerrville. Let me say first that Winberley's fans look nothing like fans around here. Probably 75 percent of . the kid's parents work inAustin. They are, and look like, white collar profes­sionals. There wasn't a freebee cap or

White 'Funera( ~ '1fome · "~ IJaa(ou '892-322'" ,

, Lu6'6ocf 749-44'83 · ~oore-~se-)yh{te

'Funera('lfome Lockney' 652-2211

'FCo,!!daiIa' 9,83-2525 ,

, IIwec~;e:·1or' you;s as we wou{a have

carea for. II

Overstreets , .Celebrate 50th

Wedding 'Anniversary

Lakeview Community and farmed. In January 1956, they moved to Peters­burg where he worked for Hale County Precinct 2 as a heavy equipment op-erator, until his retirement in 1998. , Shirley Served as a volunteer at the Petersburg Public Liorary and

Mr. & Mrs. Leslie Overstreet cel- served on the Library Board for a num­ebrated their Golden Anniversary with ber of years. In November 1980 she a reception held at the First Baptist became the Certified Public Librarian, Church on February 8, 2003 from 2-4 where she is currendy employed. They

have been members of First Baptist p.m. Host of the celeb~tion were their Church in Petersburg since 1~. children and grandchildren. "

The former Shirley Winnell " ' j.~~ ,.h& ~ =:~. a;;!b~arySliel~: 1~~7:~;:': ~{.~F~\~ii~~~·'~' U~~/\ \m\Ii\\~\~~

.'.t ,~i:~~j~W . '. t ~~~ ~::,:.~~t ;- 1 ),. NM. They were blessed with four chil- _ . 'i-\.' · , ... '(If: '

. dren; Charles Overstreet of Lubbock; , " , ( Joyce Overstreet of Chandler; Elaine Foote of Plainview; and Ken (deceased

. in i985) . . They are also the proud grandParents of nine grandchildren ll11d three great-grandchildren . .

Mter they married, they lived in ' the Lakeview Community, where they were engaged in farming. In April of 1953, Leslie was drafted into the U.S . . , Anny; served at Ft. Hood, Ft. Benning, , & Ft. Campbell. Mter his discharge in March of 1955, they returned to the

The oldest earth rocks ever discovered are more than 4.1 bil­lion years Old.

~ ,= " Come Worship With Us ••• ' '-<,-'

.. carr's Chapel Main Street Church of Christ Sunday Morning Worship 9:00 ,- . 2200 Main Street

Sunday School 10:0.0 a.m, Sunday Bible Study 10:00 a.m. , , Sunday Worship 10:50 a.m, East Side Church of Christ Evening Worship 5:30

East 151 & Ave. J Wed. Bible Study 7 p.m. -, Sunday Moming Worship 10:30

, Evening Worship 6:00 ' :Wed; Worship 8 p,m. - .

,',Y,Flrst Baptist Church , '.,. 2001 Main st.

, Sunday School 9:45 Moming Worship 11 :00

- Evening Worship 6:00 ' Wed. Services:

Prayer Meeting 7 p,m. .. _, ~, ~ission Friends 7 p.m: .

".if":._,, ; ~~j:,~<.;, '_:., , ' , '. Hopewell Baptist Churcll

Sunday School 9:45 a.m. Morning Worship 11 :00 ,

B,aplist Training Union 5 p.m, , Tuesday Mission 2 p.m.

Wed. Prayer Service 7:30 p,m.

FIrst United Methodist Church , .Sunday School 1 0:00 a.m . .

Morning Worship 11 :00

Prll11IfI iglesia Bautista 1201 West'2nd Streit

Sunday School 9:45 a.m. Morning Worship 11 :00 a.m.

Sunday chumh training 5 p.m. Sun. Evening Worship 6 p.m.

Wed. prayer & bible study 7 p.m.

'>, fellowship o,'Falli:: 1507 Ave, K

, Sunday School 9:45 a.m. " Worship 11 :00 a.m. Prayer Meeting 7:30

Wed. Praise & Worship Bible Classes 7:30 p,m,

Sacred Heart catholic Church . 1204 Wesl5th Street " .,Sunda~. Ma~ 1,1 :00 a.r~:

This ad sponsOred by: Mayo Agency, Petersburg Coop Grain, Porter Drug, Security Bank, Smith Service Co., Wylie LP Gas, Abell Funeral Home, 'The Flower.Box, HigginbothanrBartlett Lumberyard, J&R Automotive,

" . . '\'.'

au Honor Roll from pg. 1.

Matthew Ramos, Laken Reedy, Adam , Salas, Emilio Sanchez, Eric Sanchez, , Aaron Voight. 7th Grade - Miranda Adams, Whitley Gonzales, Samantha Lopez, Amber Maines, Michelle Martinez, Adam Mireles, Ashley Moreno, Aaron Reyes, Audrey Reyes, Sonia Rodriguez. 8th Grade - Taryn Alford; Veronica Arellano, Jose Avalos, Benji Morales, Saila Orozco, Abdon Ortiz, Stephanie Roden, Daniel Villarreal. 9th Grade -Jose Espinoza, Kyle Hegi, Ussa Maldonado. Geraldo' Martinez, April Ra'mirez, , ~uan

. Ramirez, Sandra Vega. 10th Grade. Nancy Arellano, Miranda Belli, Crys­tal Campos, Crystal Cedillo, Asbley Garcia, Cole Harper, Don Rey Hinojosa, Heather Marquez, Orlando Marquez, Cynthia Milner, Tiffany Moreno, Lacey Thompson, Keeli Willis. 11th Grade - Stephen Alford, Courtney Burt, Katy Hom, R.C. Mills, Gildardo Orozco, Marcos Rendon, Kandis Robertson, Jolene Salas, Stephanie Sanders. 12th Grade • Jeannete Garcia. Pablo Garcia. Cynthia Lopez, Jimmy Marquez, Paul Mclaughlin, Bryson Spence, Corey Thompson.

'Bryson Spence

FCCLANews The Petersburg FCCLA (Fam­

ily, Career, and Community lead­ers of America) chapter held its an­nual FCCLA Best Beau Banquet on' Saturday, February 15th at the 50th Street Caboose,

President J'Rae Nichols wel-

Petersbul'l Post, Friday, !ebruary 21, '2003 Page S

named the 2003 FCCLA Best Beau Michael Zambrano, Secretary _ and presented a plaque. The group Corey Thompson, Treasurer _'

" then enjoyed their meal: yice-Presi- Brittney Fullingim and Historian _ dent, Sarah Hegi, made closing Jolene Salas. ' ' ,

' comments. Special guests were The FCCLA members wOJ:ked Superintendent Jim Waller and his very hard the week of Valentines. wife; Counselor James Bussey and The sold 2,522 ribbons and over 550, his wife; High School Principal, Valentin~ cookies. Money from this Joey Nichols and his wife, Sydney, project helps pay for the Best Beau (advisor for the group) and Elemen- Banquet, the 'Regional meeting in, tarY Principal, Royce Roark and bis , Amarillo, the State meeting in Fort . wife. Other FCCLA officers that Worth, the end-of-school party and attended were Project Chainnan - the FCCLA scholarship.

. comed the group. Achievement

Chainnan Bryson Spence led the . Brittney Fullingim gets by a group in prayer. Publicity Chainnan ' Hamlin defender in Friday's game. Chris Adams read a poem on friend- I ship, Kristen Leon, Recreation ' Chainnan introduced the Best Beau ' . ,....---------~.....;.-~~~~--~~~~~

A camel needs little water because It sweats very IIUle, and keeps most of the water that Is In

, Its body. · .

. Contracts Now . Available For:

nominees - Chris Adams, Bryson , Spence, Cprey Thompson ang, Migel Vega. Bryson Spence was "

CONFECTION SUNFLOWER OILSEED SUNFLOWE~

loo-day Maturity - can be planted from · April toJuly. , .

Good follow up crop behind wheat.

WE OFFER

Aber~athy rriangular Meet New Deal Invitational . . -Anton Invitational Abernathy Invitation~l Aoydada Invitational District @. Aoydada Zone@ Crosbyton Area @ Snyder , Regional @Levell~nd.'

State @Austin

A GOOD". CHOICE . BARTL~Y (7 SILVA;'.,.;" Lr · ' " ' .,." JunerOJ. 'JIOme

I ..., '. _ I~" Ii i '

, ,

Page 4: t9 Replenish' Supplies Usually ,Donated by 'the Militaryunger.myplainview.com/petersburg/2003/2003-02-21.pdf2003/02/21  · 4th Grade ~, Cody Culp, Erika Ortegon, nomonic The Petersburg

Pal" 6, Friday, February 21, 2003 Petersburg Post

Cotton Market Weekly

own consumption. Additionally, world cotton consumption increased from 96.45 million bales to 96.77 million while ending stocks were cut to 37.85 million from 37.m. million bales.

CottQn"futures on the New York In other news, the National Cot-Cotton Exchange soared Tuesday to a ton Council (NeC) forecast at its an-21-month high as trade buying took nual meeting in Tampa, Florida that hold.amid a void of selling. The mar- . U.S. cotton plantings would total 14.Q5 . ket, however, was unable to sustain the million acres in 2003, generating a lofty level and moved lower the re- crop of 17.1 million bales. The in­mainder of the week. tended plantings are up just 0.6 per-

Tuesday's. price rally surprised cent from the previous year. most industry observers as the market . "No one was shocked or sur­was expected to come under pressure prised by the NCC numbers,· said one from a larae speculative long position analyst, "but this early in the season in the March futures contract and the it's a Htde difficult to get too excited a'nticipated rolling or liquidation of about the number no matter what it those positions . . However, one trader was. " said rumors of good export business Meanwhile, USDA's weekly ex­iri the cash market that was concluded port sales figures were considered overnight and during the previous fairly strong but oft' the high end of

· weekend brought trade buyerS into the expectations. Fotthe week ended Feb-· mix. Once at the highs, the market fi- mary 6th, export sales of 202,800 bales

nally met resistance in the form of were 20 percent lower than the previ­grower selling, but prices held at the ous week and 16 percent below the top end toward the close of Tuesday's four-week average. As anticipated, trading. China was a major buyer while Tur-

Traders said the market boost was key and Indonesia rounded out the list not influenced by the monthly supply/ of the week's to three buyers. demand report released by USDA. In Export shipments of 217,100 fact, the department's February 2002- bales were 2 percent below the previ-03 domestic global supply/demand re- . ous week but 3 percent higher than the port included only minor changes and four-week average. Primary destina­was viewed as neutral for cotton fu- tions included Turkey, Mexico, Indo­tures.

USDA kept crop production for the ·2002-03 season at 17.14 million bales. Exports were left unchanged at 10.8 ritillion bales, still a higher figure than most analysts anticipated. Al­though healthy sales and export figures have been reported so far this calendar

. year,' ma~y market participant,S say · shipmehts still are lagging and must in-.' crease to meet the department's esti-

mate.

nesia and Taiwan. On the spot cotton scene, pro­

ducer sales of Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas cotton on-line totaled 16.908 bales in the week ended February 13th, a decrease from the previous week's sales of 43,242 bales. The average price received by produceh selling

. their cotton on-line ranged from 44.32 to 46.92 cents Per p<?und compared to the previous week's range of 42.87 to 44.57 cents per pound.

~

PISD Calendar for Trustee Election. February 17 • (7~ Day before

Election Day) First day .to apply for a place on the ballot. (8:00 a.m.) , March 4 . ' (60th Day before FJection Day) Fint day to accept ap­plications for ballots to be voted by mail.

MarCh 17 • (48th Day before FJection Day) If candidate dies on or befpre this day, his/her name is not placed on the ballot. .

March l' . (45th day before FJection IlaY) 5:00 p.m .. Deadline to file application for a place on the blI-lat. --- ...

March 21 • Candidate wiD. be notified of the exact dine. Candidates (or representatives) will Draw for po­

. sition in Board Room; March 24 - (40th day before

elecdon day) 5 p.m. deadline for write­in candidates for office of school trustee to file d~laration or write-in ' candidacy.

March 28 • (36th day before election day) declaration of write-in candidacy 5:00 p.m. deadline.for a can­didate to withdraw. The name of a Candidate' ~ho wiihdraws or is 'de~ clared ineligible by this date ~iII not appear on ihe ballot .

April 5 - (30th day before elec­tion day) Last day a person may regis-

3434 34\h Street Ste B. / Ph: 806·796-0636 -

ter to vote in the May 3" 2003 elec­tion. 5:00 p.m. deadline for opposed . candidates and specific purpose com­mittees to file first report of contribu­tions and expenditures.

. April l' . (17th day before elec­tion day) Early voting by personal ap­pearance begins. .

. AprU 2S - (8th day before elec­tion day) Last day to apply for ballot , by mail (received not POSbnarked)

. April 29 - (4th day before elec­tion) Last day for early vote by per­sonal appearance.

AprU 30 • (3rd day before elec­tion) First day to submit application for and vote late ballot due to death in immediate Family occuning on/after April 30, 2003 which will require ab­sence from county on Election day. First day to submit application for and vote late ballot because of illness or Disability arising on/after April 26, 2002.

May2-(daybeforeelectionday) Last day to submit application f9r and vote late ballot by personal appearance due to death in immediate family.

May 3 - (7 a.m. - 7 p.m. election day) 2:00 p.m. deadline for submi.t­ting application for and vote late bal­lot because of illness or disability aris.-

.. i~g on/after April 26, 2003. . May 6-11th - Canvass of the

votes must by done by Board of Trustee during this time.

U.S. cotton consumption was in­creased marginally from 7.5 ·million bales to '7.6 million. Some participants anticipated an increase in the consump-. tion figure because of the National Cotton Council's increase in its mill use figures and the U.S. Census Bureau ' boosting its monthly consumption fig­ure for December from 563,312 bales to 605.075.

Refurbished IMac Refurbished IMac ~ MB RAM • 20 GB HD • OW-Rom drive

In USDA's world figures, piOOuc­tion was increased to 87.64 million . from 87.4 million in Jantiary.China's estimated produc'tion increase of SOO 000 bales to 22.0 million was the , . pri~ reason for the larger world fig­ure, but one cotton analyst said this likely would be absorbed by China's

~ MB RAM • 6 GB HD - CD-Rom drive only $359.97 (keyboard/mouse sold separateM

PC Clone with Wln98/2000 ~ MB RAM - (2) 4 GB HOI • CD· Rom Drive

, $249.55 (keyboard/mouselmonltor sold separately) .,

$439.79 (keYboard/mouse sold separately)

This'units have been tested extensively and carry a 31 day warranty on all

refurbished parts only ...

BIRTHDAYS . Petersburg Post, Friday, February 21, 2003 Page 7· ,

'#

February 21 - Adrian Mireles, Bryson Spence

Coming Events Lunchroom Menu

Wednesday - ChoiCe of Enchi­ladas or Burrito, salad, choice offruit •. beans, rice, saltine crackers, cake, sea" harn crackers and milk .

FebrUary 22 • Matthew Cham­pion, Billie Byrd, Lupe Chapa

February 24 ~ Christopher Maines

February 22 - Powerlifting at . Roosevelt; Region I FCCLA Leader­ship Meeting at Amarillo ... M d Ch ' of Pi . I Thursday - Choice of Frito Pie

on ay - olce zza or ; Ch' k' ' . . . or IC en pattie, salad, broc. Comdog, salad, com, chOice of frult,j norm d bl d h' ff't II b . h k d" an y en, c Olce,o rul, ro s,

rowrue. gra am crac er an rrulk. ' cookie graham c ke ' d 'Ik ' February 2S - Jack Martin February 26 - Courtney Burt,

Geraldo Martinez

Tuesday-ChoiceofBakedHam ' . ~ rsan mi .. Chi k F' d S e8k Friday. ChOice of Fish Ships

or c en ne t, , sw~t pota- or Chicken strips or cole slaw, maca-toes, green beans, chOice off~t, cake, roni & cheese, choice of fruit, rolls,

February 27 - Mark Champion roU, graham crackers and milk. cak rah k d 'Ik e, g am crac ers an ml .

On February 6.2003, VALOR Telecommunications ofTelllls, LP (VALOR) flied an applicatIOn with the Public Utility Commission of. Texas (Commission) to establish 8urdlarges to recover lost revenues and Increased costs associated wtth seven hundred thirteen (713) ElCpanded Local Calling Service (ELCS) routes Implemented In and between VALOR's Texas telephone exchsnges and In many InstanCes. exchanges of other local telephone companies. The application Is filed based on the =:.~:s Substantive Rule 26.221 HUed, "Applications to Establish or . Increase . Expanded Local Calling Service

acs expands a local calling scope to Include one a~ more additional telephone exchanges. If custom.rs In a petitioning exchange approva by ballot the payment of an ELCS fee In lieu of long distance charges. The costs and lost revenues asso­ciated with VALOR's surcharge appllcallan are those not recoverable through the ELCS fee.

In the eppllcatlon. VALOR propoael to Implement on an Interim besls a monthly per line lurcharge of 5.99 for r8skfentlal cu. IomerI and $1.86 for bullnel. customers beginning with the April, 2003 bill cycle. Thla proposed lurcharge wtll apply In addI­tion to any monthly ELCS feel. If rates at or above the leYel of the Interim .urcharges ... not ultimately approved by the Commission. VALOR wt. refund all or part 01 the Interim IUrchargel. al directed by the Commlalon. Ultlmately. VALOR seaks approval of monthly IUrdlargel 01 $3.38 for bullne .. lines and 51.89 for relidentieilines to replace the Interim lurdlarg8l. Additionally, the application propose. that cullomers curranUy billed ELCS fees lower than $3.50 per "lldenUalline and $7 per buslnea line. wli have those fees ralaed to $3.50 per resldenUalllne and $7 per business line.

The net annualetred on the Alvenues of VALOR will be zaro IInce the requested lurcharge replacas lost revenua. and relm­bUl1l8s VALOR lor the IIICI1I8I8d cost of service assoclllled with ELCS. The estimated total lost .. venues and Incteased costs VALOR seeks to recover through this proceeding Is $7,601.145 annually.

If you have questions about the proposed surcharges or would like further Information. please call VALOR at 1-877.520.5220. The Public Utility Commllslon hal ... Igned Project No. 27363 to this proceeding. Persons who wish to Intervene In or com • ment upon these proceedings should notify the Public utility Commlalon of Texas as loon as possible and no later than April " 14, 2003, the Intervention deadline. A request to Inlervene or for further Information should be mailed to the Public Utility Commission of Texas, 1701 N. Congress Avenue. PO Box 13326, Austin, TX 78711·3326. Further Information may also be obtained by calling the Public Utility CommiSSion at (512) 936·7120 ar (888) 782-8477. Hea"ling-Impalred and speech-Impaired Individuals with text telephones (TTY) may contact the Commission at (512) 936.7136.

AVISO

EI 6 de felirera de 2003, VALOR Telecom de Texas. (p (VALOR) sometl6 una sollcltud a l~.Comlsi6'; Publica de Servlelos de Texas (Public Utility Commission of Texas) para establecer sobreeargos para recupera, las gananclas perdldas y los costos incrementados relaclonados con sletecientos trece (713) rutas Implementadas del Servicio Expandldo de Llamadas Locales

. (Expanded Local Calling Service) entre los despachos centrale~ de telMono de VALOR de Texas y en muchas Instaneias. ' . ., despachos de otras com pan las locales de lelelono. La sollcitud se someti6 basada en la Regia 26.221 de La Comisi6n titula.

da. "Solicitudes para Establecer 0 Incrementar los Sobrecargos de Servieio Expandido de Llamadas Locales-.

ELCS extiende el alcance de lIamadas locales para Inclulr uno o.mas despachos de telMono adicionales. silos clientes de un despacho hacan una petlci6n de cambio que es aprobada por voto para pagar un cargo de ELCS en lugar de sobrecargos de large distancla. Los costas y gananclas perdidas' relecionadas con los sobrecargos de la sollcltud de VALOR no son recuper-abies a traves de la cuota del ELCS. .

En la sollcitud, VALOR propone Implementar temporal mente ~n cargo mensual por linea de $0.99 por cllente resldenclal y $1.98 para cllentes comerc;lales empezando con la facturacl6n del cicio de Abril, 2003 • Este eargo propuesto se apllcara en • adlcl6n a cualquler cargo mensual ELCS. Silas tarlfas al 0 sobre el nlvel de los sobrecargos temporarlos no son ulUmadamente . aprobados por Is Comlsl6n, VALOR reembolsara todo 0 parte de los sobrecargcis temporales. Indlcados por La Comlsl6n • . UlUmadamente, VALOR busca aprabacl6n de sobrecargos mensuales de $3.38 pOI' IIneas comerclales y $1.69 por IIneas res­

. Idenclales para reemplazar los sobrecargos temporarias. Adlclonalmente, Ia Gollcltud propone que los cllentes que actuelmente son facturadoG con tarifas ELCS mas bajas de $3.50 p~r linea resldenclal y $7.00 por linea comerclal, tendnln un Incremento . de tarllas a $3.50 por linea resldenclal y $~.OO par linea comerclal.

. ,

aefecto anual en las gananclas de VALOR senln cera Glendo que los sObrecargos sollcitades reemplazan las ganancias per. didas.y reembolsa a VALOR por Incremento en el costo del servlcio relacionado con ELCS. EI cosio estlmado Iotal de las gsnancias perdldas y al Incremento de costos que VALOR tiene como fin recuperar a travtls de este procadlmlento es

' $7,601,145 anualmente. . .

SI usted Uene alguna pregunta acerca de los sobre~rgos propuestos 0 ~I necaslla mas Informacl6n. par favor lIame a VALOR all·877-520·522O. " .

La Comlsl6n de Servlclos Pllblicos ha aslgnado 81 Proyecto No. 27363 a este procedlmientci. Las personas que deseen Inter­venlro comentar en 0 sobre estos procedlmlentos deben notlficar La Comisl6n de Serviclos Publlcos de Texas tan pronto como sea poslble y no mas tarde del dla 14 de AbrIl 2003, 'echa IJmlte de la Intervencl6n. Para Intervenlr 0 para mas Informacl6n, .. '

- escriba a La Comlsl6n de Servlcios Publicos de Texas (PubliC Utility Commission of Texas). 1701 N. Congress Avenue, PO Box 13326.Austin. TX 78711-3326. Tamblen puede sollcltar mas Informacl6n lIamando a 4' Comisl6n de Servlcios Publlcos al (512) 936·71200 al (888) 782-8477. Personas con impedlmentos de hablar a del sentldo de air con telefanas de textos (TTY) pueden comunlcarse con La Comlsl6n al (512) 936-7136.:

THURSDAY MARCH 6

per person

16 King Size Wallets 8 Regulal' Size Wallets

Page 5: t9 Replenish' Supplies Usually ,Donated by 'the Militaryunger.myplainview.com/petersburg/2003/2003-02-21.pdf2003/02/21  · 4th Grade ~, Cody Culp, Erika Ortegon, nomonic The Petersburg

Page 8, Friday, February 21, 2003 Petersburg Post 5.'

THE CLASSIFIEDS

HOUSE FOR SALE 3 Bedroom,S acres,

Barns, Corral. North 789. $45000.00

. 1-800-359-5537 -

. ADAMS·WELL SERVICE.

; Complete Irrigation Well Service I-day service on house wells,S

r year waJrenty. Fast bajling. Gould domestic pumps.,

; 30 yean experienee. . .. . ' . ' . . ' I j-' 983-s003, nights 983-2144 , :· Don's Mumer Shop' ; i .. ' ;.,.,;... __ Qr .... 983 __ -S4_55 ..... __ ~

210W.'California i

Floydada, Tx. : 1-877-212-8222

Free EstimateS

HOUSE FOR SALE PRICE REDUCED *Spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 car garage, in great .neighborhood. "Beautifully

'Local Cleveland Manufacturing Company expanding in the area. Must fill positions immediately.

updated with carpet, paint, ceramic tile, new HI AC & new roof. "'Huge

laundry room with great storage space. "'Tons of cloSet space .

roughout. "'Well manicured yard -shows lots of pride of ownership. 2103 E. 1st St. Petersburg, TX

: For more information call 766-7175. . Scholarships, awarded . monthly. $59,500

Coldwell Banker ,Rick Canup

(806) 793·0677 Agent .

Nan Riley (806) 239·7256

• IlL === ,miiii'Wil".ii.i."""'i"ii9'i.,M+'iii!@ ___ .1iiI"W ~ ~ __ ". ,_. ___ I __ •

. = .... --_':. '= .. ~ :~: - - - -.. - - I _ • _.

-~-.-- -.-.A ~.,,,&. ; ~.L A..1. , .

, --

""!'

T TexSCANWeekor =:. f!A~U:o..!.R~~! MEDiCi"·"'JliNi~~:'~~.~r:'l.!~~!e!IA~~:. February 16, 2003 "r,". , ,.1 .. 'lOker .. perie.ce USING I.bolen: Alba,erol • liful Nor,b Te ... bill C.UIU,

I!II ______ .. required. 00, •• full beaefils, com· Alro .. a' • Combivea, • Sor: propert,. Perrec' ",IIWI" {tlire.

i:iilSliSilif'iju,i:.ni :r::'I;.w~:~ ;?;~o~~ir~::':, ::~D~':',~.·:::r.:! .ilf::!:~~;: ::'~~ ~~:,=~::: ~::~~:;. 1 ·1OO·256-20~. 8'rel,he ellY ","i • • MediCI" Te .. s Lind " Rlnch.s. CIII

$1." STORES. COMPLETE SUNSET LOGISTICS. Ow.er. cover.d liquid therl" ml, b. now. 1·866·"6·4868. \UrJIkey f,om Ope,"'or ... eded '0 hlul .. rap IVlillble if ,ou qUllify. Med· COLORADO RANCH SALE, S4',900.1·800·129 · 29., . m ... 1 I nd 1",.,1'. mate,ill. A·S ... , 1· 800·224·1919, B.,. 3' acre. · 549.900. MI,nific'D' DoliarStoreScrvices.com. NEW 10 tad dump •. trailers Ivailable. TX0703. mouataia rlDeb It 1.000" elo,, -STORB in T .... opeol., sooa. Home weeki,. 1001:+ ,"ul, pot.. lioo. Mi. of meadow. with .pri.,

'ill . 98. Te .... CIII SCOIl Cit f.d pODds I.d upen .. Stuaai., l·nl·21S·HAUL. AVON. ENTREPRENEUR vi.w., virluIII, surrounded b,

. DRIVER: COMPANY" Owned SWIFT TRANSPORTATION WANTED. MUll b. wi llift, f.d.,11 lands. MUll .eel Oood .""'", : Ops - Re~IORII . "omeWeekJy. Pay IS hi rial experienced lad inex.IO work whcacvcr you want. terml. Call Colorado Laud" • ,,' f .. ",.,ICnce up .. 31 cpm Com· pe,i.nc.d d,ivers lid 0/0. COL bc 'OU, own boss and .njn, Ra.che., 1·866·3S3·4809.

, ,.ny. 81 cpm O_,IOpI. ~.800. trlinin .... ilabl • . W. pa, for unlimited .. ,nln, •. Ltt' s 'alk. 100 ACRES. $44,900, T,oph, 454-2817. A_lei Truuponati.... ..pe,i.nc •• ,relt benefit •• ,uilion 1· 188·942·40'] . whitetlil. (' d.er limit). Tree DRiVEIl-COVENANT TRANS· reimbursem.n,. 1·800·669·7943' SALES. SALES MANAGERS covered hill. Ind draws. Abun. PORT· Hiria •• .,.,ne.:ed teams. (eoo·mll). • ODe of 'be hi,b .. , paid jobs dint tu,k.y. qUill, .mlll I ""'" solos lad trliDen . . OIO.~oIOS/ i,i" .• llil"I#i#i"'I4¥ in America. HiCb.y· suc:celJful Good accelJ. More Icre1ce T~ 13 COllIs. We .. looki~. for $SCASHS. • IMMEDIATE Dati.11 comp"a,. Will t,"in. ,,"ilable. B· Z 'erm • . C.II .. pencoced teams to ruo prlont, CASH for U , d selll.nlO Is W. p,ovide appointm.nt •. CIII 1·866·899·'263, T .... LInd" ~~i;~·8BB.MORE.PAY annui'ie •• ~.: :.';: .. a ..... :ri: Oo~, .1.'00.322.4103. Rlnch.. . , ( • • ). 'late mortca&e DOles. Iccident JCsslI::I.Vem:ommCorp.com

~:=";'~W~~~~~:'~" ~~:t:d~~~.U~.';;"~;::~;'I~: ~-i;;1;i~"~'~*~:I~r~"~i_~[I~lli~~1 ~:D:=~nM;'~i::'~:il~:: INSTAN! ,CASH! Up to $SOII. ~:r:.s. ~4E:I;c~ •• rci_L SI.ooo bonus. ont. No C,.dot Bure .. ch.ck. Call $49.900. 00,,'0"' re.io .... dodicatcd freich'. Swift I • , 6 6 • S , 9 • , 6 Z 6 ' malure tre. cov". TlUlportarioa.l.1CJO..231. '209. www.moaeymIl1ClprtU.com tioa. Mounllin views .

t II DRIVER .. TRVCKIRSI ..,1 #-);41·" round rOl ds lad eleclri~ . . Will ... ,OU home. PFII· WiII .. t HIGHQUALrrY · LOW PRICES, ~:c~!~:o~~;'~~~:::" 'E~:!~~::: , .. palcLPFII · Wm .. "oumile •. WoIlfTonDlIIIBeds. Pa>:m'''11Sf""" finlDcia,. CIII'oday. This

~~.' e~~OO:'~:~!::I~:~~.i~~ :~~;S:ln~':;,:'°c:.I~!;"i .~~:. ~::::~:.~li .~~6 .~~6.~~t!~~ of Alllall*C IVlillble. 839·"60. www.np.etslID.cam ,

DRIVERS WANTED

NOTICE: WhiIe_IdmIl ...... rcpuIIbIe. WCCllRllOlauarantcc"-" servicattdvertlsecl We_rcadcn "USCCllltiCIIIIItI';"""indoultt.t:OtIIaCI the ..... AtItnoya-.l .. 1-IIJO.62I-oD .. theFedenlTndeCommiaioa .. I·ln·FTC·/IELP. The FI'C _liIeb www.lIc.aovlltlzop

Extcnd your ildvcrllsmg rCilch With TexSCAN your Slalcmdc ClilSS lflCd Ad Network

If your name appears below, your subscription will soon be running out. flease come by 'the office or mail your renewal payment to

The Petersburg Post, PO .Box248 Petersburg, TX 79250 . . Watch your addressJabel for your expirati~n date or last issue notice .

. Thank you, Ricky. Rates are: $20 Hale Co.; $21 Out of Co.; $22 Out of State

(Senior Citizens deduct $1.00)

.. '" . ' t :'· r

\ .. , \,l , .... ~., ~.,,;

There's Co~p"t

La " • • .. n ••• · ,:.t. _41, .. ~; ,. .. -e'~1i

impi posit 112

, ingc anir