t2 education-ben's edit

TOPIC: Some students take a year off betweeen school and university or travel. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages Today! an increasing number of "eo"le are concerned about whether young "e take a break from educationschools . #hile this may have several drawbacks! I would con that the benefits are greater. On the one hand! there are several negative im"acts of taking a ga" year. for individuals to find a good %ob without "rofessional knowledge. Today! even have graduated from universities struggle to find a lo ok for the %ob in their res"ective fields Therefore! "eo"le without a degree are more likely to end u" carrying out manu labour which! not only might affect their health but also won&tnot hel" them gain useful e'"erience for the u"coming o""ortunities courses . Secondly! traveling around might be a w money. Traveling will cost a considerable amount of money but do esse not award "eo"le a degree for their career "ros"ects. On the other hand! I believe that these demerits are outweighed by "otenti Primarily! working will hel" to su " ""ort the u"coming higher education tuition fees! which is always is a dilemma for many students. The fact is that young "eo"le who have to meet to "ay for the cost of in university areis more likely to "erform badly "oorly in their studiesy . Therefore! s"ending a year working rather than immediately en university sh could be a better choice. (esides working! taking a ga" year to trav students to have time to consider their future more carefully. It is common th high shcool students are lack of knowledge of ma%ors which they will enrol in setting foot on the new land! "eo"le can broaden their hori)ons and have the a choice for their future . It is common for a ma%ority of high school students to be un to which field they sh ould "ursue as their ma%or at university. (y setting foot in new young "eo"le can broaden their hori)ons and give themselves time to make the a""ro"ria choice. In conclusion! in s"ite of drawbacks which need considering carefully! it is a""arents to me that students still should s"end one year working or travelling before moving university. taking "art in universities.

Upload: minh-anh

Post on 03-Nov-2015

Category:

Documents

0 download

DESCRIPTION

ielts writing

TRANSCRIPT

TOPIC: Some studens take a year off betweeen school and university to work or travel

TOPIC: Some students take a year off betweeen school and university to work or travel. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Today, an increasing number of people are concerned about whether young people should take a break from educationschools. While this may have several drawbacks, I would contend that the benefits are greater. On the one hand, there are several negative impacts of taking a gap year. Firstly, it is hard for individuals to find a good job without professional knowledge. Today, even people who have graduated from universities struggle to find a look for the job in their respective fields. Therefore, people without a degree are more likely to end up carrying out manual labour which, not only might affect their health but also wontnot help them gain useful experience for the upcoming opportunitiescourses. Secondly, traveling around might be a waste of money. Traveling will cost a considerable amount of money but doesse not award people a degree for their career prospects. On the other hand, I believe that these demerits are outweighed by potential merits. Primarily, working will help to suppport the upcoming higher education tuition fees, which is always is a dilemma for many students. The fact is that young people who have to make ends meet to pay for the cost ofin university areis more likely to perform badly poorly in their studiesy. Therefore, spending a year working rather than immediately enrolling in the university shcould be a better choice. Besides working, taking a gap year to travel enables students to have time to consider their future more carefully. It is common that a majority of high shcool students are lack of knowledge of majors which they will enrol in universities. By setting foot on the new land, people can broaden their horizons and have the appropriate choice for their future . It is common for a majority of high school students to be undecided as to which field they should pursue as their major at university. By setting foot in new lands, young people can broaden their horizons and give themselves time to make the appropriate choice.In conclusion, in spite of drawbacks which need considering carefully, it is apparents to me that students still should spend one year working or travelling before moving on to university.taking part in universities.