Post on 10-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Streetphotographyis a type of documentary photography that features subjects within public places.
- Such as streets, parks, beaches, shops, political conventions and other settings.
- Street photography uses the techniques of straight photography, in that it shows avision of something, like holding up a mirror to society.
- Street photography often tends to be ironic and can be distanced from its subject matter, and often concentrates on a single human moment, caught at a decisive moment.
3. There are things hidden for all the world until photographed.-Craig Coverdale 4. We declare the world as our canvas Street Art Utopia 5.
- Henri Cartier-Bresson was a French photographer, who was considered to be the father of photojournalism.
- He helped develop the "street photography" or "real life reportage" style that has influenced generations of photographers who followed.
- Bresson believed that The Decisive Moment was that split second of genius and inspiration that a photographer had to capture a certain moment.
6. Photography is an immediate reaction, drawing is a meditation. - Henri Cartier-Bresson 7.
- Elliott Erwitt has created some of the most memorable images of our lifetime.
- He hascombined irony,humourand emotion throughout his photographs, which intersects with moments in our lives that are common to all of us.
- I don't start out with any specific interests, I just react to what I see. I don't know that I set out to take pictures of dogs; I have a lot of pictures of people and quite a few of cats. But dogs seem to be more sympathetic. Elliot Erwit
Elliott Erwitt, New York, 1988, Bulldogs 9. Elliott Erwitt, New York, 1974, Felix Gladys and Rover Elliott Erwitt, California, 1955, Couple Kissing 10.
- From researching what is street photography, to inspirational street photographers I have learnt that the key factors in order to capture good street photography is to;
- Choose interesting subjects
- Shoot abstract
- Capture activity and movement
- Always be ready with your camera
- Photograph a concept
11. The Jamaican steel drum Punk with present