Streaming Media West - Podcast Workshop
out of 124
Post on 20-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Welcome to Plan, Build, and Launch a successful podcast! Please sign in on the back table.
- 2. Nov5th 2007 plan-build-launch a podcasta podcastthinkjose.com SMW
- 3. first things first...
- 4. Why are you here?
- 5. individuals vs. companies?
- 6. builders vs. curious? (geeks vs newbies) (geeks vs newbies) (geeks vs newbies)
- 7. what is a podcast?
- 8. Outline: Plan Learn - Do - Q&A Build Learn - Do - Q&A Launch Learn - Do - Q&A Learn - Do - Q&A Learn - Do - Q&A Learn - Do - Q&A Learn - Do - Q&A Learn - Do - Q&A Learn - Do - Q&A
- 10. Todays Goal: we (that means YOU will get involved) will Plan - Build - Launch a podcast a podcast a podcast a podcast
- 11. Plan - Learn Learn
- 12. Why are we doing this?
- 13. increase visibility, revenue, marketing, because we can, etc.
- 14. Identify a niche
- 15. What can you offer this niche?
- 16. How do you want them to respond?
- 17. buy more product, increase brand awareness, etc.
- 18. willitblend.com donandsons.com themshow.com themshow.com themshow.com
- 19. Who is involved?
- 20. What is the content-length-etc.
- 21. How many episodes? zefrank.com zefrank.com
- 22. Where? Who is our audience? How will they find us? How will they find us? How will they find us?
- 23. How do we measure the win?
- 24. listeners, more product sold, brand awareness, impressions, hits, etc.
- 25. What is the business case for my 57 year old boss who still has his secretary print out his emails?
- 26. Agree to mini-bizplan
- 27. Set team-tasks-roles-responsbilities
- 28. Plan-Do
- 29. Why - Who - Where How - What
- 30. mini-bizplan (write it down!) (write it down!)
- 31. Host- Interviewee- Engineer- Geek- Marketer/Writer- Marketer/Writer- Marketer/Writer- Marketer/Writer- Marketer/Writer-
- 32. Plan-Q&A
- 33. Build-Learn
- 34. Agree and Review Document
- 35. Workflow
- 36. Content- Write a script (or at least pretend on a napkin) (or at least pretend on a napkin) (or at least pretend on a napkin)
- 37. short - sweet funny - interesting be dramatically different be dramatically different be dramatically different
- 38. remember the audience why should they care?
- 39. Capture rubber + road rubber + road
- 40. direct to digital (computer, digital recorder, anything with a mic on it) (computer, digital recorder, anything with a mic on it)
- 41. mobile vs. studio
- 43. condenser microphones vs. dynamic microphones dynamic microphones
- 44. signal paths (cables, XLR, shock mounts, adapters, oh my!) (cables, XLR, shock mounts, adapters, oh my!)
- 45. compressors (are good) (are good)
- 46. the simpler the better the better
- 47. Edit
- 48. slash & burn
- 49. make your guests into rockstars!
- 50. music bumpers (learn from radio) (learn from radio)
- 51. formatAAC, mp3, tags, images, etc. AAC, mp3, tags, images, etc.
- 52. web ready audio file 64kb FM Quality 64kb FM Quality
- 53. Post
- 54. dedicated server vs. website server (lots of downloads vs. wee downloads) (lots of downloads vs. wee downloads)
- 55. blog format comments, interaction, actual web 2.0 stuff comments, interaction, actual web 2.0 stuff
- 56. RSS feed do your own vs. free/paid service feedburner.com feedburner.com feedburner.com
- 57. Market
- 58. submit to iTunes, Podcast Alley, Yahoo, etc.
- 59. digital marketing tools
- 60. show your best stuff! not everything not everything
- 61. free, cheap, cool
- 62. get others to market for you - chicklets, badges, user submitted content, etc.
- 64. Hardware
- 65. computer based vs. stand alone recorder
- 66. audio interface firewire, USB, XLR, digital, analog, etc. firewire, USB, XLR, digital, analog, etc.
- 67. dedicated hard drive (and back it up) (and back it up)
- 68. microphones dynamic vs. condenser dynamic vs. condenser
- 69. processors compressors, eqs, limiters, tube mic pre-amps, etc. compressors, eqs, limiters, tube mic pre-amps, etc.
- 70. accessories stands, shockmounts, popper stoppers, cables, adapters, racks, power strips, etc.stands, shockmounts, popper stoppers, cables, adapters, racks, power strips, etc.
- 71. Software
- 72. recording, editing tools garageband, audacity, protools,digital performer, etc. garageband, audacity, protools,digital performer, etc.
- 73. iTunes
- 74. blog wordpress, movable type, blogger, custom, and enterprise levelwordpress, movable type, blogger, custom, and enterprise level
- 75. RSS feedburner.com sourceforge.com sourceforge.com sourceforge.com
- 76. ftp client - or upload tool
- 77. turn key companies podtech.net libsyn.com
- 78. Build - Do
- 79. switch to macbook (not a subliminal ad - just a note for me) (not a subliminal ad - just a note for me)
- 80. Build - Q&A
- 81. Launch - Learn
- 82. small is the new big
- 83. passion is key personality matters personality matters
- 84. set clear start and stop points
- 85. do what you say you are going to do!
- 86. look back to the bizplan
- 87. keep it fresh and fun
- 88. Marketing
- 89. get others to talk about you
- 90. do cool stuff (dramatically different) (dramatically different)
- 91. Launch - Do
- 92. more? lamepodcast.com write: [email_address]
- 93. schwag and such
- 94. (5 Bonus Tips) How not to be lame: How not to be lame:
- 95. 1.know your audience know your audience
- 96. askaninja pirates
- 97. learn spanish latinos
- 98. TWiT noobs
- 99. 2-way interaction.
- 100. 2.good equipment is cool. good equipment is cool.
- 101. $99
- 102. dynamic micsvs. condenser mics condenser mics condenser mics
- 103. buy a good mic pre.
- 104. pre-amplify
- 105. no dirtysoundcard noise soundcard noise
- 106. firewire and usb rock rock
- 107. stop the pop.
- 108. 3. Be prepared. Be prepared.
- 109. You donthave to be an expert - but it helps. have to be an expert - but it helps.
- 110. do your homework.
- 111. Passion is key.
- 112. 4. um, like... edit. um, like... edit.
- 113. Be kind to your guests.
- 114. Edit for flow.
- 115. lean & mean
- 116. 5. do like the pros do do like the pros do
- 117. intro/outro
- 118. theme songs rock
- 119. dont steal music
- 120. pre-announce
- 121. wrap it up
- 122. compression (audio)
- 123. 5.5 have fun have fun
- 124. successful podcasts mix passion, fun, and interactivity.
View more >
Podcast Transcription Service | Podcast Audio Transcription | Podcast Transcription | iPod | Online PodShow Services | Transcription Company
The Tuesday Podcast: Poor Economics ?· The Tuesday Podcast: Poor Economics Categories: Podcast, Developing…
Podcast Instructions. Book Review Podcast (audio only) Book Reviews (audio + video) Podcast Examples.
DVEO Announces New Products for Streaming Media West Announces New Products for Streaming Media West 2016 ... The AD SPOTTER generates SCTE-35 and . cue tones with content type information, ...
1-Click Podcast Website Publishing - Simple Podcast ?· 1-Click Podcast Website Publishing Automatically…