South West Love Food Hate Waste Campaign Gemma Coles East Dorset District Council.
out of 13
Post on 26-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- South West Love Food Hate Waste Campaign Gemma Coles East Dorset District Council
- Slide 2
- Overview The Love Food Hate Waste Campaign The South West Waste Recycling Forums (SWWRF) campaign aims Target audience Key messages Activities Results and the future of the Campaign
- Slide 3
- Love Food Hate Waste Campaign WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Programme) The Food We Waste Report- April 2008 Household Food and Drink Waste in the UK- 9th November 2009 5.1 million potatoes a day 7 million slices of bread a day 4.4 million apples a day
- Slide 4
- Love Food Hate Waste Campaign 6.7 millions tonnes of food waste 4.1 million tonnes of avoidable food waste 1.3 million tonnes of possibly avoidable food waste 1.3 million tonnes of unavoidable food waste
- Slide 5
- South West Love Food Hate Waste Campaign Aims To use the Love Food Hate Waste campaign to raise awareness of the extent and implications of food waste and increase the performance of food waste reduction behaviour by the regions population
- Slide 6
- Aims continued Divert waste away from landfill Contribute to LATS diversion targets requiring a diversion of 365,788 additional tonnes of biodegradable waste between 2010 and 2013 by the South West Waste Disposal Authorities
- Slide 7
- Campaign aims To achieve 25,000 food waste pledges across the South West region during the course of the campaign
- Slide 8
- Target audience The two sectors of the population who produce the most food waste are busy families and unconstrained couples Not particularly interested in or focus on healthy organic food Find managing money difficult Theyre not foodies but spend a lot on food Lack time to cook or prepare meals
- Slide 9
- Key messages These form the basis of the pledge card Plan meals and only buy what is needed Make a shopping list and stick to it Only cook what is needed for each meal Use leftovers to create new meals Check use by dates in the fridge and freeze anything that wont be eaten in time Keep fruit and vegetables in the fridge (except bananas) Keep a food waste diary for one week to see how much/what types of food are wasted
- Slide 10
- Activities Regional radio advertising, advertorial and celebrity endorsement Regional website, posters, pledge cards, food waste diaries, press releases and events kit Local events and giveaways
- Slide 11
- Results Over 6,500 pledges Analyse the results of the campaign Continue to promote the Love Food Hate Waste Campaign Try to reduce food waste!
- Slide 12
- Packaging To use the Love Food Hate Waste campaign to raise awareness of the extent and implications of food waste and increase the performance of food waste reduction behaviour by the regions population Most people blame packaging as the problem Food waste has at least 10 times the environmental impact of packaging waste and thats before taking account of the impact of methane from decayed food
- Slide 13
- Questions? www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/southwest
View more >
Love food! Hate Waste !! No food Waste Campaign SPiCE - spice.edu.in & Ethan's Trust1 www.nofoodwaste.in.
Welcome to Love Food Hate Waste - Food Hate Waste Retailer... · Love Food Hate Waste adopted the proposition…
WEST DORSET DISTRICT COUNCIL DORSET DISTRICT COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT CONTROL WEST COMMITTEE ... Rebuilding of the existing stone pillar at the ... Method statement
Sustainable Food Supply: Leadership Strategies to Combat Food Waste According to the Love Food, Hate Waste campaign, each year in the UK we throw away.
EAST DORSET DISTRICT COUNCIL PORTFOLIO ?· The competency framework is a fairly complex ... capacity…
EAST DORSET DISTRICT COUNCIL - Dorset District Council Statement of ... STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS - YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2017 LEADER OF THE ... well to the financial challenges it has faced.