Post on 15-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. SlideShare Platform Review By Mike Eisenstein Spring 2009 March 8, 2009
2. What is SlideShare?
- SlideShare is the world's largest community for sharing presentations.
- Its the YouTube of PowerPoint
- Individuals & organizations upload presentations to share their ideas, connect with others, and generate leads for their businesses.
- Anyone can find presentations on topics that interest them. They can tag, download, or embed presentations into their own blogs & websites.
3. Some of the things you can do on SlideShare
- Upload PowerPoint, OpenOffice, or PDF presentations
- Share slideshows publicly to reach millions of global viewers.
- Share slideshows privately with colleagues, clients on intranets, private websites.
4. History of SlideShare
- The SlideShare team is based in San Francisco, (California, USA) & New Delhi (India). They are passionate about creating compelling web experiences and think that small teams with fire in their eyes can do big things.
5. History of SlideShare
Rashmi Sinha, the CEO of SlideShare Amit Ranjan Jonathan Boutelle, Head Geek 6. Hal Varian Ross Mayfield Guy Kawasaki History of SlideShare Some Advisors: 7. History of SlideShare Some Investors: Jonathan Abrams Ariel Poler Yee Lee Saul Klein Mark Cuban 8. Intended Audience
- SlideShare is beneficial for alleducators .They can:
- Find teaching materials
- Share teaching materials with others
9. Intended Audience
- SlideShare is beneficial for allbusiness associates .They can:
- Share conference slides
- Create SlideCasts
Key Features Sync audio with your slides. Create webinars, musical presentations, slidetoons, and more! 11. Key Features
- or create your own collections of presentations using groups
Join GROUPS about interesting topics 12. Key Features
- or create your own event to spread the buzz, invite registrations, archive presentations, etc.
Check out talks from EVENTS you missed 13. Strengths of the Platform
- Searches include full-text of presentation slides
Breaks out full text in display 14. Strengths of the Platform
- Find people with interesting content
- Grow your professional network
Find friends or make professional contacts 15. Areas of Improvement
- Has no advanced search feature
- Sloppy search:
- This is because SlideShare is a relatively new product that has a quickly growing collection of resources.
- They want you to find something, so they make the search imprecise.
16. Areas of Improvement
- The community is still young (in Web 2.0 terms)
- There are few comments under slides
- The largest social network dedicated to presentations
- Good community with interesting content
- Quick start for uploading and quick registration process
- Easy to use for both the author and the viewer
- Link to original file and security controls
- Great for previews of huge files
- Its free!Sign-up now .
18. Two recommendations for use to in the K-12 environment
- Class notes could be posted for students.
- Weekly schedules could be posted so students could keep up with the work.
- Web quests could be created and published to help students understand a certain topic.
19. Additional Useful Information
- How to Upload:
- From your computer you can browse the PowerPoint that you want and click on browse and select files
- Follow instructions
20. Additional Useful Information
- After some time your PowerPoint is ready to be seen.
- If you want to embed it as a widget in your wiki, blog, web-site all you have to do is click on the PowerPoint you have just uploaded on SlideShare, go on the right hand side of the page, click on the URL, copy it and go into the web site, wiki, or blog you want to insert it in.
- Once in your wiki, blog, or web-site click embed widget.
21. Additional Useful Information
- Paste the URL html that you have copied from the SlideShare and click save.
- After some time, the PowerPoint is ready to be viewed from your wiki, blog, or web-site.