Should you quit your day job for your
Post on 15-Aug-2015
- 1. www.cynthiakocialski.com Should You Quit Your Day Job For Your Start-Up Business?
- 2. Many entrepreneurs dont quit their day job when starting a business. They want to peace of mind of a guaranteed income, yet they dream of starting a new business no risk versus risk. Their strategy is often to pursue both. They start their new business as a side activity, which consumes their leisure time. It is a very viable approach, but it can become a flawed one too.
- 3. Heres an example. The founder of an online advertising company started by working in the evenings. His business idea took off quickly. Within two years, his start-up had over $1.5 million in annualized revenue. As expected, he quit his day job and focused on his start-up, which continued to grow. In this case, the strategy worked well.
- 4. This pattern continued on for more than a decade. This particular entrepreneur became unhappy and disillusioned on both fronts. He had gone to college and graduate school. His day job was a professional one, yet in never turned into a career. He was often passed over for promotion because he wasnt dedicated to succeeding at it. He was always looking for the way out through his side business.
- 5. My point is many entrepreneurs keep their day jobs and start a new business because they are hedging their bets. If one avenue doesnt succeed, they always have the second. However, as you can see by the second entrepreneur, his day job suffered and didnt progress because of the start-up. While starting a new business in your off work hours is a viable strategy, if it continues on for too long, it may mean that neither the start-up nor your day job will be successful.
- 6. Share your PASSION and KNOWLEDGE with world. Please visit Start-up Entrepreneurs Blog
View more >