seven little habits
Post on 31-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 7 Little HabitsThat Can Change Your Life, and How to Form Them
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then,is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
- Introduction If you could just pick one or two habits to create in the next few months, habits that will have the most impact on your life. What would they be?
- Habits - Definition A habit is an activity that is acquired, done frequently, done automatically, and difficult to stop. Most people think of behaviors when they think of habits, but thoughts can also become habits.
- How to Develop the Habits Do a 30-day challenge, focusing on just ONE habit. Write it out on paper, along with your motivations, obstacles, and strategies for overcoming them. Commit fully.
- How to Develop the Habits Report on your progress each day. Have support for when you falter. Reward every little success. If you fail, figure out what went wrong, plan for it, and try again.
- Mens natures arealike; it is their habitsthat separate them. Confucius
- The Seven Little HabitsThat Can Change Your Life There are many strategies to set up habits and we are going to introduce a few of them.
- Develop Positive Thinking. Its the keystone habit that will help you form the other important habits. Start by becoming more aware of your negative self- talk and avoid it. Soon youll recognize them, and you can squash them.
- Exercise. Exercise is healthy and it makes you feel better about yourself, and more confident. That leads to better success with other positive changes. It reinforces the positive thinking habit. It relieves stress and gives you time to think and it helps with creativity.
- Single-tasking Youll be more effective with your tasks and get more done. Its hard to achieve important things if youre constantly switching tasks and distracted by other urgent things. Youll be less stressed overall and happier throughout your day.
- Focus on one goal Just as focusing on one task at a time is more effective Break your goals into a mini-goal you can accomplish this month. Some goals are ongoing ones.
- Eliminate the non-essential. First, identify the essential. Then eliminate everything else. This simplifies things and leaves you with the space to focus on the essential. This will change your life because it will help you to simplify, to focus on whats important, and to build the life you want.
- Kindness Yes, kindness is a habit. Focus on it every day for a month and youll see profound changes in your life. Youll feel better about yourself as a person. Youll see people react to you differently and treat you better, over the long run.
- Daily routine Its so simple, but creating a daily routine for yourself can make a big difference in your life. Itll help you firmly root the productive habits you want to firm in your everyday life. Itll help you focus on whats important, not just what comes up.
- We first make ourhabits, and then our habits make us. John Dryden
View more >