out of 59
Post on 22-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. 7 Habits
- 2. (3 +3 + 1) Habits Habits 1-3 = Personal Habits 4-6 = Interpersonal Habits 7 = Lucky for some?
- 3. (1-3) Values > Tactics
- 4. * * Reacting(1) Be Proactive
- 5. Stop Reacting Automatically
- 6. Repertoire of Response
- 7. Proactive Language can't, have to simplifying defensive reactiveI prefer, what if open
- 8. Act in Your Circle of Influence (TM)
- 9. Capability Breeds Capability
- 10. (2) Set Goals
- 11. All Things are Created Twice (TM)
- 12. Goals and Default Scripting
- 13. Write Your Own Script
- 14. Personal Mission Statements
- 15. Goals Require Self Awareness
- 16. Start Small Before I die, I will finish preparing this damn presentation. Gregory McIntyre
- 17. A Habit of Winning 1. Finish preparing this presentation 2. ... some more wins ... 3. Become King of the galaxy
- 18. Skills (I am good at presentations)
- 19. Core Values (I value sharing knowledge)
- 20. Eulogy (His presentations were good.)
- 21. (3) Manage Yoself
- 22. Quadrant I (urgent, important)
- 23. Quadrant II (not urgent, important)
- 24. Quadrant III (urgent, not important)
- 25. World of Quadrant IV
- 26. Isnt Rest (IV) Important (II)?
- 27. Is it II or IV? Fun and R&R are important But Assess feelings of satisfaction and preparedness afterwards
- 28. P/PC Balance (TM)
- 29. Productivity Words per day Story points per day Items bought per day Trees felled per day
- 30. Productivity Capacity Sleep, diet, exercise, energy Education Bank balance Less technical debt ;-)
- 31. P/PC Balance Not writing 5000 words every day? Create capacity to do that: time, energy Then get producing! Thats P/PC Balance (TM)!
- 32. (4-6) Other People
- 33. (4) Think Win-Win
- 34. Win-Lose: Beating Your Friends
- 35. Lose-Win: Self-Sacrifice
- 36. Lose-Lose: If I Cant Have It...
- 37. Win: Incapable of Team Work
- 38. Win-Win: Mutual Benefit
- 39. Think Win-Win Check existing and new relationships Be prepared to walk away Abundance principle Plenty more symbiotic fish in the sea Me, just then
- 40. (5) First Understand
- 41. Acting in Ignorance Suggest solutions to your crying girlfriend instead of listening Optimise your code up-front Work on features nobody asked for
- 42. Urgency, Anxiety and the Need to Act
- 43. Give Up the Act Surrender your current plan of action Gain understanding Carefully pick the direction Then go fast i.e. First Understand (TM)
- 44. *(6) Synergize * Well circle back on this...
- 45. Compromise Sucks Each person wins only 50% Psst, you can do better Compromise is not synergy
- 46. Guardedness Sucks If I make a mistake, I will look stoopid If I succeed, people will steal it So I will just do nothing Guardedness is not synergy
- 47. Nice Surprises Compromise: a + b = 1 Guardedness: a + b = 2 Synergy: a + b = 2 or 4 or 8 or 600 You thought that a was 1, but really it was 2 (or was it really 300?)
- 48. Self-Limiting Beliefs
- 49. Third AlternativesTwo people want an orange...
- 50. Finding Alternatives Trust and creativity Safe experimentation
- 51. If I ask to see her naked...
- 52. (7) Sharpen the Saw
- 53. You Are Such a Tool Personal capacity Not specific to one goal Be ready for literally anything
- 54. Better Tools Can Be a Revelation
- 55. The Usual Suspects Sleep: Internet, children, computer games, preparing presentations Exercise: Cars, sedentary careers
- 56. Other Suspects Education: Stopping once you leave school Poor actual tools: QWERTY, MS Paint, etc.
- 57. @gregmcintyre 2013
View more >