Price Your Art - Tips to Help You Price Your Artwork
out of 37
Post on 10-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONWhat should I charge for my artwork?! Join ArtSites.ca Co-founder, Rochelle Grayson as she explains best practices, tips and resources on how to price your artwork. In this presentation, you'll learn: - What are common pricing practices - What to consider when establishing your prices - What to put on your website and marketing materials about your prices - How to deal with a variety of different price points - What are typical price points and how do they affect purchases Learn about the business of pricing art!
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Welcome!Welcome! Price Your Art Tips to Help You Price Your Artwork Rochelle Grayson email@example.com Price Your Art Tips to Help You Price Your Artwork Rochelle Grayson firstname.lastname@example.org
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Who is Rochelle?Who is Rochelle?
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca A lot of people cry while chopping onions; The trick is ... NOT to get emotionally attached! :-)
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Where & With Whom Do You Show?
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca How long have you been doing this?
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca ComparablesComparables
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Similar GeographySimilar Geography
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Similar MediumsSimilar Mediums
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Similar VenuesSimilar Venues
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Similar Experience Levels
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca New Artist?! Cost-based pricing = Time x Labor (~$15/hr) + Cost Then, do a comparable check!
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Keep Track of Your Time!Keep Track of Your Time!
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Overhead CostsOverhead Costs
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Other Common Pricing StrategiesOther Common Pricing Strategies By Size 8 x 10 = $100 16 x 20 = $200 Square-Inch Calculation / Method Width x Height x $X (+ 2 x Frame Costs) 16 x 20 x $6 = $1,920 $1,900 Smaller works = higher sq-in constant, e.g. $8 Larger works = lower sq-in constant, e.g. $4-5 By Size 8 x 10 = $100 16 x 20 = $200 Square-Inch Calculation / Method Width x Height x $X (+ 2 x Frame Costs) 16 x 20 x $6 = $1,920 $1,900 Smaller works = higher sq-in constant, e.g. $8 Larger works = lower sq-in constant, e.g. $4-5
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Compare to What's Sold!Compare to What's Sold!
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Original vs Print Price DynamicsOriginal vs Print Price Dynamics Print Price = $XOriginal Price = $2-5X
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Charge the Same or a Little LessCharge the Same or a Little Less
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca When to Increase PricesWhen to Increase Prices +10 25% / year
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Leave Room to Negotiate Down!
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Online Pricing Issues
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Approval, Refund & Return PoliciesApproval, Refund & Return Policies
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Be Confident! Be Confident!
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Thank You!Thank You! Questions? Rochelle Grayson email@example.com ArtSites.ca/workshops/2014-04-26 Questions? Rochelle Grayson firstname.lastname@example.org ArtSites.ca/workshops/2014-04-26
- ArtSites.caArtSites.ca Links of InterestLinks of Interest How to Present / Talk About Prices Online How to Use PayPal Buttons on Your Website Price Your Art Realistically
View more >
Reality to Illustration Artwork Assignment: Create an ... to Illustration Artwork Assignment: Create an artwork that utilizes both drawing and/or painting photo manipulation . Your artwork will combine the two ...
Information your Artwork Artwork Guidelines for - Sensis Guidelines for Yellow Pages - Book Awareness Advertising (Valid from July 2016) Submitting or Changing your Artwork To submit or change your artwork, just call
ARTWORK RELEASE 1. PERMISSION TO USE ?· Artwork Release ARTWORK RELEASE This Artwork Release (the “Release”)…
Documenting Your Artwork Last Week: Peer Editing Website Assignment Artist’s Statement Draft 1 Due This Week: Documenting your artwork Discuss Capstone.
3D ARTWORK Photographing Your Art. Why Should I Photograph My Artwork? Photographing your artwork allows for more and wider exposure. It also makes it.
viewNMU Senior Art Exhibit Artwork #1 Title: Name of artist: Description of the artwork: Your feelings about the artwork: Artwork #2 Title: Name of artist: Description of the artwork: Your feelings about the artwork: Artwork #3 Title: Name of ...