photography. photography and public image moma photography theme
of 8 /8
Post on 23-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Photography and Public Image MoMA Photography Theme
- Slide 3
- Questions MoMA Photography Theme What is the relationship between fame and photography?
- Slide 4
- MoMA Photography Theme Mathew Brady (studio of). President Lincoln, c. 1862. Take a close look at this photographic portrait of President Abraham Lincoln What do you notice about President Lincoln in this image? What do you notice about the facial expression and body language of the subject? Based on this portrait, how would you describe this President?
- Slide 5
- MoMA Photography Theme Nadar (Gaspard-Flix Tournachon ). Thophile Gautier. 1855. Lets look at Nadars portrait French writer and critic Thophile Gautier What does the composition, pose, and lighting tell you about this person? Based on this portrait, how would you describe Gautier?
- Slide 6
- MoMA Photography Theme Philippe Halsman. Dal Atomicus. 1948. What is going on in this portrait of Salvador Dal by Phillippe Halsman?
- Slide 7
- MoMA Photography Theme Richard Avedon. Marilyn Monroe, actress, New York. 1957 Lets take a look at this portrait of Marilyn Monroe by Richard Avedon What do you notice about Monroes expression? Based on this portrait, how would you describe Monroe?
- Slide 8
- MoMA Photography Theme Richard Avedon. Marilyn Monroe, actress, New York. 1957. Lets compare these two celebrity portraits Philippe Halsman. Dal Atomicus. 1948.