performance at work: ways to get the right things done
out of 61
Post on 11-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONhttp://getmomentum.co/ A Professional Skills-Based Coaching Program Guaranteed to Teach You: the MINDSET to take charge of your Career Development the SKILLS to work more effectively, efficiently and productively the TOOL KIT to get things done easier, faster and better than ever before It is time to GET MOMENTUM. You need great minds and other perspectives to bounce your ideas around. This is especially true when it comes to advancing your career and making personal skills-based improvements. Whether youre like other Momentum members and own your own business (or want to), are a senior manager, or are looking to make that next big promotion into a greater leadership role, having access to the right peopleyour own brain trustwill propel you forward. If you do not have those people around supporting you, pushing you to be better, then success is harder than it needs to be. In fact, those who do NOT spend time around the right people may earn less, take fewer vacations and have less of what makes life so enjoyable. You can start to make things better right now by giving yourself the community of support, led by one of Americas leading thought leaders, to keep you inspired and on top of your game. Nobody does this alone. Not athletes. Not performers. Not CEOs. Its folly to think we can do it all ourselves, that well get ourselves out of our own ruts, fuel our own motivation, find the valuable lessons that make us stand out in the conference room. If you dont choose to join Get Momentum, then I urge you to find some coaching support or community of excellence that will keep you accountable. Its essential. Jason Womack designed Get Momentum to give you the best of personal one-to-one coaching and the group brain trust support of your Get Momentum professional network of people from all over the world. Youll have personal guidance through email, phone calls and the online discussion forums. Each conversation is designed to help you elevate your own strategic and tactical expertise.
- 1. Co-Branding Logo Here Copyright 2014 Mastering Workplace Performance Presented by: Jason W. Womack, MEd, MA Jason@WomackCompany.com - email (805) 798-1362 - mobile
- 2. Co-Branding Logo Here Copyright 2014 Mastering Workplace Performance a workshop based on the book: Your Best Just Got Better Be More Organized Manage Priorities Help the Team
- 3. Copyright 2014 15 Ideal Days What words come to mind when you think of an Ideal Day? >Who is around? What happens? Where do you go? What activity are you a part of? What do people around you consider an Ideal Day? >Observe, Listen, Ask
- 4. An analyst can add a lot of value to a team if they can keep track of important info, such as about clients, or transactions, or news.
- 5. Email: Jason@WomackCompany.com ! Mobile: 805 - 798 - 1362 www.wmck.co/gs6august
- 6. Copyright 2014 16 Focusing on Ideal Days NOT wishful thinking. >IS directed focus. NOT impossible. >ARE already doing it.
- 7. Copyright 2014 17 Be More Organized.
- 8. Copyright 2014 19 Manage Priorities.
- 9. Copyright 2014 20 Help the Team.
- 10. Copyright 2014 21 How would Leadership define Success for your position 6 months from now? (February 15)
- 11. Analysts have a portfolio of tasks and deadlines and usually no one other person (other than the analyst themselves) knows ALL they are juggling.
- 12. What is a good system or framework or set of ways in which analysts can keep track of deadlines, and work with their manager to prioritize all the different things they are being asked.
- 13. Co-Branding Logo Here Copyright 2014 Science of Performance Ziegarnik Effect Confirmation Bias Cognitive Dissonance
- 14. Co-Branding Logo Here Copyright 2014 Economics of Performance Pareto Principle Supply / Demand
- 15. Co-Branding Logo Here Copyright 2014 Common Sense of Performance Time Management
- 16. Co-Branding Logo Here Copyright 2014 Common Sense of Performance Time Management FOCUS
- 17. Copyright 2014 23 Please circle words/phrases that would impact (positively OR negatively) your Ideal Days
- 18. Copyright 2014 24 3
- 19. Co-Branding Logo Here Copyright 2014 Lets assume you sleep/rest 7 hours a day ~ 7 hours X 4 = 28 ! Lets assume you are spontaneous 2 hours a day ~ 2 hours X 4 = 8 ! You are now left with about 60 blocks of 15 minutes each day ! Youre AT your desk ### of those... ! 1. Are you as effective as possible with those? 2. Do you have enough time to get everything done? 3. !
- 20. Co-Branding Logo Here Copyright 2014 Lets assume you sleep/rest 7 hours a day ~ 7 hours X 4 = 28 ! Lets assume you are spontaneous 2 hours a day ~ 2 hours X 4 = 8 ! You now have 60 blocks of 15 minutes each day ! Youre AT your desk ### of those... ! 1. Are you as effective as possible with those? 2. Do you have enough time to get everything done? 3. What could you do with 2-4 extra 15-minute blocks every day? ! ! ! ! ! !
- 21. Copyright 2014 48 What will you do with 2-4 freed up blocks of 15 minutes each day? ____________________________ ____________________________ ____________________________ ____________________________
- 22. Copyright 2014 25 There are 2 main ways to approach your work Maximize a multi-modal approach to work when its time to plan out what you do. Nouns: Vision, Objective, Overview, End Result Verbs: Tasks, Delegated Activities, Follow up
- 23. Copyright 2014 26 Pages 14-17
- 24. Copyright 2014 27 To: Jason@WomackCompany.com Subject: chapter 1 ! (Ill send you a PDF of that chapter, with that section.)
- 25. Copyright 2014 27 Your current workload/workflow Within 4-6 weeks: what will you need to be better at? > Research, Projects, Presentations, Conferences, Events The next 9-12 months: what are you already planning for? > Nouns: Who, Where, When > Verbs: What, How
- 26. Copyright 2014 28 Please continue adding to page 5
- 27. Copyright 2014 29 The 4 Most Limited Resources (Discuss how they affect your productivity) Time Energy Focus Ecosystem
- 28. Copyright 2014
- 29. Copyright 2014 32 The Four Most Limited Resources Time Time Energy Focus Ecosystem 96 x 15 minutes = 1 day Work = 40+ (15-minute blocks) Distractions = 100+ Identify the maximum productive blocks 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Etc
- 30. Copyright 2014
- 31. Copyright 2014 34 The Four Most Limited Resources Energy Time Energy Focus Ecosystem Energy Management Mental energy Stamina Power Will to win Physical energy Rest Fuel Hydration !
- 32. Copyright 2014 35 The Four Most Limited Resources Focus Time Energy Focus Ecosystem What can you hold your focus on? What distracts you? Where does time disappear? What do you need to practice on? Who do you know that does it well?
- 33. Copyright 2014 37 The Four Most Limited Resources Ecosystem (systems, tools, colleagues) Time Energy Focus Ecosystem Over the past 72 hours Historically (through university) Where do other people work?* *working=doing their BEST work
- 34. Copyright 2014 39 Effective Email Management Use smart EMAIL "Etiquette". When you create a new email
View more >