Paying for Brand Keywords: Pros, Cons, Tests & New Ideas
Post on 18-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Paying for Brand Keywords: Worth it?
Pros, Cons, Tests & New Products
2. Lowes, louwes, lowes.com
BofA locations, ipad discounts
Lowes grills, best buy dvd sale
Defining Brand Keywords
3. Consumers like Paid Ads
Deep landing page
4. but Advertisers have a love-hate relationship w/ Brand PPC
- Low CPC (~$0.06)
5. Increased visitors 6. Increased revenue 7. Higher RPV/CVRDeep landing page
8. but Advertisers have a love-hate relationship w/ Brand PPC
Wont consumers find us without PPC?
Cannibalization of natural
Id rather spend this $$ on people who havent heard the word
9. Complex: Test & Control geo
Simple: 2-weeks paused
Designing A Brand Blackout Test
Perform a few searches and make sure you appear in Natural results for test keywords
Examine data to find biggest PPC-Brand offenders
Test to answer:
- Do I receive less than average traffic with only Natural Search?
10. If so, using RPV, what is the lost sales impact? 11. Is the added revenue from PPC > Total Brand PPC Cost?