Post on 19-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONSpread the Word... long Live Pakistan!!!!!!
- PAKISTAN Land of the Pure
- Located in South East Asia Created on August 14, 1947 Population 170 million people Official language Urdu Capital Islamabad 7th largest Army 6th nuclear country
- Education More than 132 universities Parallel education system, public and private Ali Moeen Nawazish - Guinness Book of World Records with 23 subjects in A-levels
- Sports National game Field Hockey Most popular game Cricket Won the Cricket World Cup in 1992 and T-20 World Cup in 2009
- Music There are four main families of musical instruments in Pakistan and more than six hundred Pakistani musical instruments; the most well known are the sitar, tabla, rabab, dhool and bansuri.
- THE FOUR PROVINCES OF PAKISTAN
- Punjab 1. Punjab is the most populous province of Pakistan, with approximately 56% of the country's total population 2. The main languages are Punjabi and Saraiki 3. Lahore has traditionally been the capital of Punjab for a thousand years; it is Punjab's main cultural, historical, administrative and economic center.
- BADSHAHI MOSQUE
- Sindh 1. Geographically it is the third largest province of Pakistan 2. It is hot in the summer and mild in winter. 3. Sindhi is the sole official language 4. Karachi is the largest city, main seaport and the as well as the capital of the province of Sindh. 5. It was the original capital of Pakistan until the construction of Islamabad
- Previously known as the North-West Frontier Province The main ethnic group in the province is the Pashtuns The principal language is Pashto Tribal system Most beautiful province KPK
- Kalash Tribe
- Balochistan is the largest province (by area) of Pakistan Scarcely populated Balochistan
- Pakistani cuisine Refined blend of varous regional cooking traditions of the South Asia . Pakistani cuisine is known for its richness and flavour. It has been partly influenced by Arab, Persian, and Indian Cuisine, it retains its own distinct Pakistani flavour.
- Within Pakistan, cuisine varies greatly from region to region, reflecting the country's ethnic and cultural diversity. Given the diversity of the people of Pakistan, cuisines generally differ from home to home and may be totally different than the mainstream Pakistani cuisine.
- As religion defines culture, so it is with the food in pakistan as Muslims are forbidden to eat pork or consume alcohol and then halal dietary guidelines are strictly observed. Pakistanis focus on other areas of food such as beef, lamb, chicken, fish and vegetables as well as traditional fruit and dairy products.
- Pakistani dishes are known for having spicy flavours, and some dishes often contain liberal amounts of oil which contributes to a richer flavour. Cumin seeds, chilli powder, turmeric, Garam Masala is a very popular blend of spices used in many Pakistani dishes.
- Barbeque and kebabs Kebabs are a staple item in Pakistani cuisine today, and one can find countless varieties of kebabs all over the country.
- Rice dishes Biryani is a very popular dish in Pakistan and has many varieties such as Lahori and Sindhi biryani
- Pakista ni bride and groom
- Mehndi Barat Walima
View more >