mussels with leeks and cider
out of 12
Post on 21-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONa recipe/pictorial walk through of making mussels with leeks and pear cider
- Mussels with leeks and cider
- THREE GOOD THINGS Mussels Leeks Pear Cider
- Other things you will need: Ingredients: Olive oil, thyme, salt, pepper, apple cider/rice vinegar, bagueHe Accoutrement: Bowls Strainer SloHed spoon Whisk
- Rinse well under cool, running water. Clean the Mussels Remove any open or cracked shells, as well as the beards(liHle threads that anchor the mussel to rocks); yank them o.
- Clean and cut up the leek Cut o any tough green bits(this one came preHy well trimmed), and cut in half length- wise. Rinse thoroughly, leeks can be muddy. Slice. NICE!
- IN A HOT POT combine leeks, a handful of salt , a handful of pepper, and the pear cider.
- Cook the leeks in the cider unVl tender (6-8 minutes).
- Remove the leeks using a sloHed spoon. Place leeks in a bowl to the side. ADD THE MUSSELS!
- Steam mussels in boiling cider for about 2 minutes
- Drain the mussels, collecVng liquor in a bowl. Place mussels elsewhere Back in the pot? Put them back in the pot.
- Add a liHle olive oil, thyme, and vinegar to the liquor Now, whisk.
- Grab a bowl. Pour sauce over mussels, top with the leeks Rip o a piece of bagueHe; you are an incredible cook. Gloat inwardly.
View more >