Post on 14-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Muscular System
- There are about 600 muscles in your body.
3. Muscle Control
- Involuntary Muscle: Not under conscious control.
- Heart beat, digestion
- Voluntary Muscle: Under your control.
- Walking, jumping, etc.
4. 3 Types of Muscle
5. Skeletal Muscle
- Attached to bones of the skeleton.
6. Smooth Muscle
- Inside many internal organs
- Not striated
7. Cardiac Muscle
- Does not get tired
8. Muscles at Work
- Skeletal muscles work in pairs.
- One muscle contracts
- The other lengthens
9. Muscle Cells 10. Skin 11. Functions
- Regulates body temperature
- Stores water and fat
- The largest organ
- sensory organ
- Prevents water loss Prevents entry of bacteria
12. Layers of Skin
- Epidermisthe thin outer layer of skin that sheds
- Dermisthe middle thick layer- contains sweat glands, nerves, and blood vessels
- Subcutaneousthe deepest layer that contains fat and helps protect body from injury and conserve heat
13. Facts About Skin
- An adult has more than 20 square feet of skinabout the size of a blanket.
- You shed about 40 pounds in a lifetime.
- Every minutes 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells fall from your body.
14. Facts AboutSkin
- In a month time your body has made a new layer of skin
- There are over a million dust mites on your mattress and pillow chomping on dead skin cells that fell off you last night.
- The eyelid has the thinnest skin, the palms and soles are the thickest.
15. Parts of the Skin 16. Muscle, Skin, Bone Cells
- Bone Cell
- Muscle Cell
- Skin Cell