Mercedes cla india local production press release
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Mercedes-Benz India. E-3, MIDC, Chakan. Tal: Khed. Pune- 410501, India. Tel: +91 2135 673000 / 395000, Fax: +91 2135 673953 Press Information 9th Sep, 2015 Mercedes-Benz commences the much awaited local production of Indias sportiest luxury sedan - the CLA Starts the local production of the petrol GLA 200 Sport India is the first market outside the Europe, to commence the local production of the CLA Local production of the CLA will cater to the increasing demand of the sedan with higher flexibility in production and reduce the waiting period considerably Localisation times with the onset of festive season to support increased demand With the CLA, Mercedes-Benz will be producing the car with the best in segment drag coefficient in India Segment benchmark: Unique sporty design, longest wheelbase of 2699mm, tallest with a height of 1432mm, 7G-DCT 7-speed dual clutch automatic transmission with shift paddles on steering wheel Convenience redefined with Panoramic sunroof | Driver and front passenger seat electrically adjustable with memory | 4-way electrically adjustable lumbar support | Large 470 litre boot | Reversing camera New Telematics Generation 5 infotainment system: intuitive operations, elaborate animation and visual effects; unrestricted surfing of the internet equipped with Mercedes-Benz Apps Unmatched interest rate of 9.99% | Exclusive service packages ensuring a low cost of ownership; starting as low as Rs. 1.99 per kilometer Mercedes-Benz India also starts the local production of GLA 200 Sport
- 2. Mercedes-Benz India. E-3, MIDC, Chakan. Tal: Khed. Pune- 410501, India. Tel: +91 2135 673000 / 395000, Fax: +91 2135 673953 Locally produced CLA 200 CDI Style is priced at INR 30.70 lakhs, petrol CLA 200 Sport at INR 32.90 lakhs and the CLA 200 CDI Sport at INR 33.90 lakhs | Locally produced petrol GLA 200 Sport is priced at INR 33.90 lakhs (all prices are ex-showroom Delhi) Pune: Indias leading luxury car brand Mercedes-Benz, announced today the much awaited start of the local production of its sporty and stunning luxury sedan, the CLA. The stylish, distinctive and sporty CLA has been a key model in Mercedes-Benzs product offensive globally, as well in India. The seventh product to be produced in India, the CLA was rolled-out of Mercedes-Benzs new production facility by Eberhard Kern, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and Piyush Arora, Executive Director, Operations, Mercedes-Benz India. The CLA with its stunning design, technological innovations and multiple segment first attributes, is already a winning product in our portfolio. It has been rapidly acquiring new customers to the brand and replicating its global success in India as well. We are extremely satisfied with our CLA strategy, which has contributed majorly to our New Generation Cars growth and redefined the segment completely. We are confident that the local production will make the CLA even more attractive for the discerning buyers with additional value propositions and increased availability. commented Eberhard Kern. Piyush Arora added The start of local production of the CLA simultaneously in petrol and diesel variants is a key decision that will help curtail the long wait list for the sedan. Our future readiness with the new manufacturing facility is bearing fruits as we started the production of both the CLA and the petrol GLA from the new assembly lines. We are glad to offer world-class products to our Indian customers with significant local value addition, in the shortest possible time.
- 3. Mercedes-Benz India. E-3, MIDC, Chakan. Tal: Khed. Pune- 410501, India. Tel: +91 2135 673000 / 395000, Fax: +91 2135 673953 A stunner on the road: CLAs stunning features include the bonnet embedded in the front end with powerdomes and the diamond radiator grille. The light modules and LEDs behind the headlamp cover glass create the characteristic "flare effect" for the daytime driving lights and indicators. The progressive and sporty exterior appearance is continued inside the CLA. The interior gets a very special quality feel from the selection of high quality materials combinations. With its large glazed areas, the CLAs Panoramic sunroof ensures a particularly bright and welcoming ambience in the interior. Power packed performance: The CLAs 4-cylinder engine boasts of agile performance, segment leading fuel efficiencies and low emissions. The 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine returns 17.9 kmpl and produces 100kW (136 hp) of power and a maximum torque of 300 Nm. The 2 litre petrol engine produces 135 kW (183 hp) of power and a torque of 300 Nm. It accelerates from 0 to 100 kmph in 7.8 seconds with a top speed of 235 kmph. India specific suspension: The CLAs suspension is designed for Indian roads to maximize ride comfort with higher ground clearance and seating position. The sedans long wheelbase of 2699 mm provides better ride comfort, greater handling and excellent driving performance, edging it ahead of its competitors. Segment Best Drag Coefficient: The CLA has the segment best drag coefficient for any luxury production car in India. This results in reduced wind noise and unparalleled comfort in the CLA.
- 4. Mercedes-Benz India. E-3, MIDC, Chakan. Tal: Khed. Pune- 410501, India. Tel: +91 2135 673000 / 395000, Fax: +91 2135 673953 New Generation Multimedia system: The infotainment system offers Mercedes-Benz Apps such as Mercedes-Benz Radio. With user-friendly navigation, precise map data and excellent route guidance, the Garmin MAP PILOT brings all the familiar benefits of a Garmin navigation system to the Audio 20 CD. This is done by simply inserting an SD card with navigation software and map data sets and is available as a Mercedes-Benz Accessory for the customer. Reverse parking and manoeuvring is made convenient with a reversing camera, which is offered as standard on the CLA. Advance Assistance Systems: CLAs multiple assistance system along with safety features like ABS, BAS, ESP, ASR and Hill Start Assist supports the driver in all possible situations. The sedan has a high structural safety of the body- shell with six airbags and other restraint systems providing the best possible protection. Innovative sensor technology is applied to coordinate and activate the safety systems according to the given situation. These have ensured that the car has a 5 star rating from EURO NCAP. Assistance systems such as ATTENTION ASSIST warn the driver when it detects typical signs of drowsiness in the drivers steering behavior while STEER CONTROL can assist the driver with corrective steering action in critical situations. Local production of the GLA 200 Sport: Mercedes-Benz India also commenced the start of production of the GLA 200 Sport petrol variant along with the CLA. The GLA 200 CDI is already under production from Mercedes-Benzs new production facility since June 2015. The customers can now avail the locally produced range of the GLA comprising both the petrol and diesel variant. Production highlights: The production of the CLA and the GLA involves use of technologically advanced
- 5. Mercedes-Benz India. E-3, MIDC, Chakan. Tal: Khed. Pune- 410501, India. Tel: +91 2135 673000 / 395000, Fax: +91 2135 673953 synchronized conveyor systems, use of the latest generation PLC control units for all the equipment which provide adaptability with different models on common production lines, thus increasing the flexibility of the production. Mercedes-Benz India started locally producing the New Generation Cars in its global assembly network along with sedans and SUVs. Beyond the Mercedes- Benz plant in India, this network comprises further locations in Thailand, Vietnam, Malayasia, Indonesia, and will be joined by Brazil in 2016 where a new assembly plant is currently under construction. -####- Media Contact: Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd.: Shekhar Das Chowdhury | firstname.lastname@example.org |+91 9850836477 Reuben George | email@example.com | +91 98239 69057 About Mercedes-Benz India: Established in 1994, Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd. pioneered the luxury car market in India and boasts of more than 129 years of cutting edge innovation in the luxury automobile industry globally. Set up in 2009, Mercedes-Benz Indias world class production facility is spread over 100 acres in Chakan near Pune. The production facility is among the fastest green-field operations ever to be created and is rated among the topmost assembly plants of Mercedes-Benz, globally. Since June 2015, Mercedes-Benz India also commenced production from its new expanded production facility located in the same premises. The production facility now carries an investment of INR 1000+ crores and has the largest installed production capacity for any luxury car maker in India. Mercedes-Benz India product portfolio comprises the locally produced S-Class, E-Class, C-Class, CLA sedans and the GLA, GL-Class and the M-Class SUVs. Completely Built imported cars portfolio includes the A-Class, B-Class, CLA, CLS, SLK, E-Class Cabriolet, S-Class Coup, the S 600 Guard and a range of other Guard vehicles etc. The product portfolio also comprises the iconic off-roader Mercedes-AMG G 63 as well as a wide range of other Mercedes-AMG performance cars like the AMG CLA 45, AMG C 63 S, AMG E 63,
- 6. Mercedes-Benz India. E-3, MIDC, Chakan. Tal: Khed. Pune- 410501, India. Tel: +91 2135 673000 / 395000, Fax: +91 2135 673953 AMG SLK 55, AMG S 63 Coupe, AMG GL 63, AMG ML 63, AMG S 63 and the AMG GLA 45. Continuing its growth momentum into 2015, Mercedes-Benz India announced its philosophy for the year 2015 as the year of Live the Best, which is based on its brand philosophy of Best or Nothing. The growth strategy is built on 5 key initiatives with an aim to provide nothing but the BEST to its customers, through BEST products, BEST operations, BEST touch points, BEST customer experiences and BEST corporate citizenship. Live The BEST' which is the new driving philosophy for Mercedes-Benz India in 2015, aims to also achieve the objectives of growing a profitable and sustainable business in India and to further extend its customer focused approach. The company has launched eleven products, including some of the most awaited cars like the CLA, the new C 220 CDI, the new B-Class, the new E-Class Cabriolet, the new CLS 250 CDI, the new S600 Guard, the S-Class Coup, the Mercedes-AMG S 63 Coup, Mercedes-AMG S 63 sedan, the AMG G 63 Crazy Colour and the Mercedes-AMG C 63 S. Mercedes-Benz India also inaugurated new dealerships in Chennai, Jamshedpur, Ghaziabad, Mangalore, Raipur, Calicut along with a new city showroom in Bangalore, Chennai and service outlets in Trivandrum, Chennai and Calicut. Mercedes-Benz inaugurated its highly exclusive AMG Performance Centre, in Hyderabad and Pune. There are five such high-end AMG Performance Centre in India, currently. Presently Mercedes- Benz India has 78 outlets across 39 Indian cities including 3 standalone Mercedes-Benz Certified outlets, making it the brand with the densest network presence in the luxury segment, in India. Mercedes-Benz India registered a stellar 41% year-on-year growth by selling 6659 units in the Jan - June 2015 period. This sales growth also marks the brands highest ever Q2 volumes at 3093 units, up by 43%. Mercedes-Benz for the second consecutive year has emerged as the most awarded luxury car brand in India. The brand has won as many as 34 prestigious automotive awards conferred by different media houses across India, the highest won by any luxury automotive brand in India. In the Economic Times Brand Equity Most Exciting Brands survey 2015, Mercedes-Benz emerged on top of the Automotive four wheeler category and remained the topmost auto brand in the survey that comprised 100 brands in India across categories. For more details, please visit www.mercedes-benz.co.in
- 7. Mercedes-Benz India. E-3, MIDC, Chakan. Tal: Khed. Pune- 410501, India. Tel: +91 2135 673000 / 395000, Fax: +91 2135 673953
View more >