Post on 24-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONOn Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2010 I presented on municipal use of social media to the executive committee of Ontario's Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
- 1. Social Media :) Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Ministre des Affaires municipales et du Logement
2. In Speech In Beer Free as & 3. Constant updates Integrated with other networks Organized organically 4. Actively solicit discussion Community contributed content 5. Use Existing Tools and Standards Google Maps 6. Use Existing Tools and Standards Google Transit 7. ` Google Reader Build your own newspaper Aggregate Information in One Place 8. Facebook Fundraise Organize Sign-up Contribute Collaborate 9. Build the architecture of participation Mark Surman, Executive Director Mozilla Foundation 10. Hash Tags Facebook Blog 11. Or later? Pay now! 12. Link to reports Personal tone Official communications Elected officials 13. ` Third-party sites Build Communities of Interest 14.
- Three Ideas
- Open the data
- Let others speak
- Ask for help
Mark Surman, Executive Director Mozilla Foundation 15. My administration will disclose information rapidly in forms the public can readily find and use Memo for the Heads of Executive Departments and Agencies 16. Vancouver 17. 18. Examples of Free Apps Built by Others 19. Examples of Free Apps Built by Others 20. Examples of Free Apps Built by Others 21. Examples of Free Apps Built by Others 22.
- Social Media at Work
- Bless the bottom-up culture
- Help as users develop uses
- Make it part of work
- Appeal to egos and pride
- Leverage tech-savvy staff
- Manage risk and get on with it
23. 24. 25. 26. 27. delicious.com/mikepelzfox/mec Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Ministre des Affaires municipales et du Logement All Links