marylka ptak- vi a staszów in old photographs
Post on 13-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
Prezentacja programu PowerPoint
We cant forget our pastStaszw-yesterday and today
Staszw: the history of the settlement goes back to the 13th century, and the first records of Staszw date back from 1241, i.e the first Tatar raid on Poland, during which the wooden parish church in the village of Staszw was burnt. Since 1525, Staszw had a town status, and in that year Hieronim aski, then its owner, received the previlage to hold fairs in Staszw three times a year.
The postcards and photos show architectural changes in the apperance of Staszw.
The town hall - end of the 1920sThe town hall was built in the central part of the market square in the first part of the 17th century by the owner of the town, August Czartoryski.The town hall end of the of 1950s
The town hall - end of the 1950s The town hall-1963
The town hall and bus station in 1968
The town hall in 1968
The town hall and taxi rank in 1970s.
The town hall in 1980 s
The town hall in 2000Staszws most valubale monument is St. Bartholomew the Apostoles church. Adjacent to the church on the east side is the old, 19-th century parish churchyard, with several tombstones and a mass grave of the participants of the January Uprising.The St.Bartholomew church in 1915
The St.Bartholomew church in 1920s
The St.Bartholomew church in 1968The St. Bartholomew church in 1960s
The St.Bartholomew church in 1970s
The Golejw lake - end of the 1960s
In the vicinity of Staszw, at the Golejw woodland complex, there are beautiful little lakes, the largest being used as a bathing beach and making Golejw a very popular spot for summer leisure time puirsuit.The Golejw lake in 1970s
The Golejw lake and Perarestaurant in 1970s
The Golejw lake in 1975
The Golejw lake in 1980s
Novadays only photographs or postcards remind us about the old church of Holy Spirit,the synagogue and the Orthodox church. The architecture of Staszw suffered most in 1944 during the Germans air raid when 80% of mansory housing was destroyed. The synagogue of St. George in 1904, destroyed during the second World War. The building converted into a cinema ,,Syrena after the war.The Orthodox church of St.Gregore after the II World WarThe Orthodox church of St.Gregore in 1920 s
The cinema ,,Syrena in 1970 s
The church St.Spirit in 1941
The town market - end of the 1950s
The city market of Staszw in 1962
The Mill on the river ,,Czarna in 1918
The Krakowska street in 1970sStaszw is constantly changing its apparance becoming an attractive place vibrant with life.
Kocielna street in 1963
The Marketplace in 1970s
The High school in 1971
The Post office bulding in Kocielna street in 1950 s
The Post office bulding in Krakowska street in 1976
Wschodnia street in 1970 s
The Jan Pawe II street (S.K ara) in 1980 s
Langiewicz street-train Staszow - Bogoria in 1980 sWykonaa Maryla Ptak, kl. VI a.Materiay wykorzystane w prezentacji pochodz ze zbiorw rodzinnych autorki.