Intro to Pinterest and Instagram Marketing
Post on 01-Nov-2014
DESCRIPTIONPinterest and Instagram are where the smartest brands are building authentic connections with their audiences in 2014. These authentic connections are clearly linked to revenue and successful business outcomes. Pinterest is the 2nd largest source of social traffic, and for many retailers it's the best. In terms of conversion rate and average order size Pinterest beats other social networks hands down. Instagram users spend an average of 257 minutes a month on the platform, 25% higher engagement than any other social network. Attend this webinar to learn how to Get your brand and products discovered on Pinterest & Instagram Develop a visual content strategy Accelerate your community growth Get unique customer insights from your photos that can drive offline
- 1. Introduction to Pinterest & Instagram: Marketing Where Your Audience Looks
- 2. Hi! Heres Us! Wes Yee Wes is Head of Demand Generation at Piqora. Before joining Piqora he led marketing teams at Kony, Sharevault and Semphonic. You can connect with him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Twitter @wesyee Nick Mueller Nick is Head of Content Marketing at Piqora. Before joining Piqora he led content teams at Gawker Media & DARPA. Connect with Nick on Twitter at email@example.com or @nickmueller
- 3. Webinar Housekeeping Please ask questions in the question box or tweet @Piqora on Twitter A survey will be sent following the webinar, please let us know how we did!
- 4. Whats Being Covered Today: 1. How to get your content discovered 2. How to develop a visual content strategy 3. Accelerating your community growth 4. Launching a high-impact promotion 5. Getting unique customer insights from your photos that can drive offline sales
- 5. Why Are Pinterest & Instagram Important? The Discovery Mindset
- 6. What does reaching people in the discovery mindset mean to my business?
- 7. Virality
- 8. Repins = Amplification
- 9. Content
- 10. See Your Top Performing Images
- 11. Traffic
- 12. 50% of website referrals happen 3.5 months after and image is pinned on Pinterest
- 13. What does that mean to my business?
- 14. Money!
- 15. Strategic Serendipity
- 16. Moms Looking For Home Decor
- 17. Millennial Women Apparel Shoppers
- 18. Pinning when your followers are active leads to 36% higher repins.
- 19. Ideas To Test: Frequency
- 20. Establishing Goals: Hashtags & Brand Mentions Monitor how Instagram users are tagging your brand in ongoing, natural conversations. Analyze conversations within #hashtags related to your brand. These may be official hashtags or conversation hubs that are tangentially related.
- 21. Optimizing Hashtags Hashtags are a critical part of a brands Instagram strategy, but heres the problem brands are struggling to use them in a high-impact way (73%, according to a recent Piqora study). The Instagram Hashtag Report (piqora.com/resources)
- 22. Choosing Hashtags On Instagram
- 23. Content
- 24. Top Website Pins Dashboard
- 25. Email Marketing & Site Merchandising Inventory Management
- 26. Building a Community: What Drives Success On Instagram? Instagram is a platform for building emotional bonds an opportunity for brands to show their personalities, values, passions, and ethos. The first step to success on Instagram is visual storytelling. For inspiration, take a look a RipCurl, they get tens of thousands of likes per photo. Each post is designed with a story in mind.
- 27. Ideas To Test: Media Types Experiment with different forms of multimedia (video and images) to see what your audiences love. Remember that there is no one-size-fits-all approach to success.
- 28. Contests & Promotions
- 29. 2.1 million impressions per Pinterest promotion (average)
- 30. Instagram Photo Contests Promotions are powerful for inspiring brand awareness and engagement. A structured, user optimized workflow can help generate a boost in fans and likes whatever outcome is most important for your brand to achieve.
- 31. Simple Rules (And Creative That Explains Them) MyHabit did a great job coming up with a creative theme for their contest, making it fun, on-brand, and reasonably easy to enter. They selected an appropriate hashtag, gave away a valuable and desirable prize, and added inspiring photos to the contest creative.
- 32. Clear Goals & Objectives How To Choose The Right Contest: 1. Sweepstakes are great for generating a lot of photos, likes, and followers 2. Judged contests yield fewer but higher quality UGC content, which could be integrated into your social or online outlets 3. Judged contests have a higher barrier to entry, but attract more brand advocates who you may want to build relationships with.
- 33. Contest Landing Pages That Maximize Participation Host your contest on a central hub that you can work with bloggers and influencers to promote and drive paid media to.
- 34. Takeaways! 1. Strategic Serendipity being in the right place, at the right time 2. Content Analysis always experimenting with your content strategy, track pins, repins, and likes to see what resonates. 3. Hashtags are the key to discovery & being found on Instagram 4. Promotions & contests accelerate community growth
- 35. Please reach out! firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Time for questions!
View more >
Chester County Marketing Group - Instagram, Pinterest and Video for Small Business Marketing - April 2013