how to engage your audience to engage theirs
out of 30
Post on 31-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONLearn about tools your exhibitors can use to enhance their presence before, during & after the event Communicate options to your exhibitors to help advertise their participation. Tell your exhibitors why they want to engage their audiences pre-show to have a better trade show experience.
- How to Engage Your Audience to Engage Theirs Tracy Garcia, CEM, Director of Exhibits, IFT Angela Carr, VP Professional Services, a2z, Inc.
- Learning Outcomes Learn about tools your exhibitors can use to enhance their presence before, during & after the event Communicate options to your exhibitors to help advertise their participation Tell your exhibitors why they want to engage their audiences pre-show to have a better trade show experience.
- What do exhibitors want out of your trade show? Why do attendees attend trade shows? Perspective
- Why exhibitors exhibit Source: Red 7 Media Research & Consulting
- Why attendees attend http://www.expoweb.com/article/why-attendees-attend-and-exhibitors-exhibit#.UfGNtb7D8dU Source: Red 7 Media Research & Consulting
- #1 Reason The Show Floor!
- What are other events doing to attract attendees? Attendance Acquisition and retention tactics with the worst returns: Direct mail (67%) Generic mass email Telemarketing efforts Social media Lowering registration rates List rental/acquisition Print advertising
- What are other events doing to attract attendees? http://www.lippmanconnects.com/files/ts_best _practices_2013.pdf - 64% of respondents give exhibitors tools to invite their attendees - 27% are offering a hosted buyer program
- #1 Reason The Show Floor!
- Utilize your Assets!
- Tools for Exhibitors to Engage their Audience and Enhance their Experience
- How? Provide Attendee Acquisition Tools Ask your exhibitors to include your event on their website. Make it easy! Provide event logo for their marketing materials Provide email signature containing the event information Provide complimentary exhibit hall only registration for their customers Provide canned marketing campaigns Make available the events attendee marketing emails that the exhibitors can download & send or so they can review the highlights
- How? Capitalize on word of mouth social media Provide the exhibitors with the event twitter hash tag and the event Facebook page information Encourage them to post Pull the feeds onto the homepage of your event website. Provide rich content on your website so the exhibitors want to encourage their customers to visit the site Have exhibitors promote the event mobile app Use all the media channels you can, both traditional and emerging
- How? Attendee Acquisition Tools for Exhibitors
- IFT AAW Infographic
- Attendee Acquisition Widget Marketing Campaign 3/12 - 22% open 5/9 - 19% open 6/26 - 18% open
- How? Provide email signature containing the event information
- Exhibitor Email Signatures Prior to registration opening Plan to attend! 2013 IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo July 13 July 16, 2013 Chicago, IL Once registration opens Register now! 2013 IFT Annual Meeting & Food Expo July 13 July 16, 2013 Chicago, IL After the event Miss something at the 2013 Annual Meeting & Food Expo? Check out IFT Live for news and videos!
- How? Create canned marketing campaigns
- Marketing Campaign: Sample
- How? Rich content on show website
- Rich Content: eBooth Sample
- Rich Content: Product Showcase
- How? Have your exhibitors promote the mobile app for your show
- Mobile App Promotion: Sample
- Tell your exhibitors why they want to engage their audiences
- Tell Your Exhibitors Why They Want to Engage Their Audiences Because tradeshows are the most cost effective way for face-to-face interaction Makes them look like a partner to their existing customers Average attendee doesnt see every exhibit make sure you are one of them Overcome bad booth location
- Communicate Options to Your Exhibitors to Help Advertise Their Participation Getting exhibitors to listen and take advantage of the tools offered is always the biggest challenge. Year-to-year continuity is key. Start helping them with future show right now. Develop a program aimed to communicate the exhibitor attendee acquisition tools you have available and how they're best used. Guide them toward your show's most meaningful programs so they know what to promote. Enlist the direct feedback of your exhibitors. Ask them what will work.
- Questions? Angela Carr firstname.lastname@example.org 443-393-2450 Tracy Garcia, CEM email@example.com 312-604-0242
View more >