housing selection process town hall meeting collect this information in order to match possible...
Click here to load reader
Post on 26-Apr-2020
Embed Size (px)
HOUSING SELECTION PROCESSTOWN HALL MEETING
OFFICE OF RESIDENCE LIFE
ONLINE HOUSING SELECTION WEBSITE WILL OPENTUESDAY, MARCH 26TH, 2019
Site will be available from 9:00am – 11:59pm each day
TUESDAY, 3/26 – RISING SENIORS START SELECT HOUSING
WEDNESDAY, 3/27 – RISING JUNIORS START SELECT HOUSING
THURSDAY, 3/28 – RISING SOPHOMORES START SELECT HOUSING
FRIDAY, 3/29 – REMAINING STUDENTS START SELECT HOUSING
HOUSING WEBSITE CLOSES @ 11:59PM FRIDAY, APRIL 5TH
CREDIT HOUR REQUIREMENTS
WEBSITE AVAILABILITY DEPENDENT ON CREDIT HOURSCUMULATIVE HOURS ACHIEVED + SPRING 19 ATTEMPTED HOURS = TOTAL HOURS
SUMMER HOURS WILL NOT BE FACTORED IN TO TOTAL HOURS
CREDIT HOUR LIMITS APPLY TO ROOMMATES REQUESTED TO LIVE IN THIS SPACE
RISING SENIORS: 90+ TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
RISING JUNIORS: 89.9-60 TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
RISING SOPHOMORES: 59.9-30 TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
RISING FIRST-YEARS: 29.9-1 TOTAL CREDIT HOURS
2019-2020 HOUSING OPTIONS• NOT AVAILABLE TO RETURNING STUDENTS: BAKER HALL, WALTON HALL, & RESIDENCE
• TRADITIONAL STYLE• BARNETT HALL - *FIRST YEAR PRIORITY – RETURNING STUDENT COULD BE RELOCATED TO
ACCOMMODATE FIRST YEAR STUDENTS.
• SUITE STYLE
• THE SUITES - *FIRST YEAR PRIORITY– RETURNING STUDENT COULD BE RELOCATED TO
ACCOMMODATE FIRST YEAR STUDENTS.
• RESIDENCE HALL WEST
• APARTMENT STYLE
• HUNTER STREET - STUDENTS MUST BE OF SOPHOMORE STATUS (30+ CREDIT HOURS)
• MCKENDREE WEST- STUDENTS MUST BE OF SOPHOMORE STATUS (30+ CREDIT HOURS)
• THE TRIPLEX- STUDENTS MUST BE OF SOPHOMORE STATUS (30+ CREDIT HOURS)
A FEW IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
•THE SITE WILL REMAIN OPEN TO YOU UNTIL APRIL 5TH
AT 11:59PM. PLEASE LOG ON AND CHECK YOUR STATUS
AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE. THINGS SHIFT OFTEN AS
STUDENTS CHANGE THEIR MINDS.
•DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE TO DO THIS
PROCESS. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING YOUR
COMPUTER OR A SCHOOL COMPUTER.
HOUSING SELECTION PROCESS1. Log in to the Housing Selection Process website (housing.mckendree.edu) using your
McKendree username and password. You won’t be able to access it until the day your credit
hours give you access.
2. Review the Housing and Meal Plan Terms and Conditions and click “I Understand” at the bottom
when finished. The Board of Trustees will be voting on the new Housing and Meal Plan Terms and
Conditions in May. Once those are approved they will be sent out to all residents.
3. Review the Renter’s Insurance Reminder and click “agree” at the bottom when finished. Renters
Insurance or Home Owner’s Insurance through your parents/guardians is very important.
4. The website will take you to a page to review your personal information. If anything is incorrect,
contact Academic Records (618-537-6819) to make changes. At the bottom of the page, you can
review the Residency Waiver & Accommodation Request process.
SPECIFIC ACCOMMODATIONS & ANIMALS
If you believe you require a specific housing accommodation including assistance animals or emotional support animals due to a mental, emotional, or physical health condition please contact the Office of Disability Services.
ODS will help to understand your need and determine if your request will be approved.
• We can guarantee APPROVED accommodations by 3/5/19 at 12:00 noon• After 3/5/19, we will still meet your need, but we cannot guarantee space or
• If you are approved, you will need to meet with Calvin Wertman to select your housing location. To schedule a meeting, please use https://calendly.com/crwertman.
SPECIFIC ACCOMMODATIONS & ANIMALS
To report a disability, the student must complete the Incident Report form and
submit documents that can be used to verify eligibility under Title II of the ADA.
The Incident Report is available at
MyMCK. Go to the McKendree Website
just above the search bar.
You are looking for this icon.
HOUSING WAIVERAll full-time (12+ credit hours) undergraduate students are required to live in University housing.
If you wish to live off campus, you must submit the Application to Waive the Residency Requirement (Housing Waiver) by July 1 for the fall semester or January 1 for the spring semester.
Waiver applications can be found on the Residence Life website under Documents & Forms and must be turned into the Office of Residence Life by the deadline.
Students will be notified of the Housing Waiver Committee’s decision.
If you have more questions on this, see me after the presentation.
Click “Continue” at the bottom of the page when finished.
The number 1 thing that prevent students from getting their first choice last year was that they didn’t complete the form.
Always check the bottom of the screen for a button.
5. Complete the Housing Profile page and then click continue at the bottom of the page when finished. We collect this information in order to match possible roommates as well as make some decisions about what services Residence Life offers for housing in the future.
6. The website will then take you to the Housing Selection page. This is where you will find the assignment you have selected for next year. If this is your first time logging in, no assignment will be shown.
7. On this same page, you can see if another student has requested you as a roommate. To accept this request, click “Accept”, then “Register.” This will automatically assign you to the room referenced in the request. To decline this request, click “Decline.” This means you will need to click “Room Options” to begin selecting a space.
8. To select a space, click “Room Options” at the top of the page. From here, you can select which residential building/area you wish to live in for next year. *Please note that students who select to live in Barnett Hall or The Suites may be reassigned to a different location if spaces are needed in order to place first-year students. If this occurs, you will be contacted to discuss available options.
9. Once you have identified a residential area, the available options for that area will be shown. Some rooms will be unavailable for you to select because they are either already occupied, designated for staff, or your biological sex does not match up with the other students already in the assignment.
10. To select a room, simply click on a space that is available in white.
11. Once an assignment is selected, a smaller window will open, revealing more details about the space such as how many spots have been claimed as well as the names of those students already registered for the space.
Any blank spots can be filled in with the usernames of the roommates you desire. The username is usually the initials of your first and last name and then your ID#. For instance, Sammy Sample would be SS0123456.
Requested Roommates will have 12 hours from the day they can access the site to accept.
You do not have to select roommates.
12. Once you have selected your assignment, the website will take you back to the Housing Selection page. Here, you will be able to see the updated information of your selection. If roommates are chosen, their names will also appear here, unless they later decline the roommate request.The system does not notify individuals if roommate requests are accepted or denied. Please check back regularly.
13. To confirm your selection, select Register at the bottom of this page. If you would like to join a waitlist, select “Join Waitlist” from the Room Options menu at the top of the page.
14. To place yourself on a waitlist, first select the specific residential building/area you are hoping to live in for the next year.
Next, select the number of
roommates you would like
to live with in this area and
then add their usernames in
the text boxes. You can
provide up to five (5)
depending on area chosen.
Make sure the selected
number matches the amount
of usernames of your
15. Review the Housing Selection page. You should be able to see the room you are registered for, the waitlist that you have joined, and roommate requests that have not been accepted or declined. If you are satisfied with the selections on this page, select “Register” at the bottom of the page to begin finalizing your Housing Selection Process.
16. After you select “Register,” a small window will pop up asking you to verify your registration and select a meal plan. If your room information matches what you selected, please select which meal plan you would like. The 10-Meal option will be chosen as default.
Please note that students
living on main campus areas
are required to have a meal
plan: Barnett, the Suites, and
Residence Hall West.
Once this is complete,
finalize your verification by
17. Once you have submitted your verification, you will be taken to a page titled “Housing Assignment Recap.”
This page is confirmation
of your selection and it is
necessary to close your
browser to ensure your
selection process is
complete. From this
page, you can change
your meal plan selection
or continue to search for
available spaces under the
Room Options menu.
• Although you are selecting your housing assignment for the 2019-2020 academic year, changes may still occur before placements are sent to students mid-June. If a change must occur to your assignment, our office will contact you to discuss the change and your options moving forward.
• Housing Assignments, Meal Plans, and Roommate Information will become available mid-June, 2019 and can be accessed by all students through the housing.mckendree.edu website. The Office of Residence Life will notify all students when this information becomes available.
• If you have any questions about this process, please contact
Office of Residence Life:
(618) 537-6855 | [email protected]