health benefits of eating pistachios
out of 12
Post on 21-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. www.medisyskart.com Health Benefits of Eating Pistachios
- 2. Pistachio is basically a kernels which is generally obtained from fruits belonging to the family Anacardiaceae in the genus. Pistacia is a plant which is basically a medium sized broad, bushy, dioecious, deciduous tree, which is generally originated in the mountain ranges of the West-Asia and Turkey region. Various cultivars exist but the most popular variety is generally grown for the commercial purposes is kerman. It is also known as Pista. www.medisyskart.com About Pistachios
- 3. www.medisyskart.com What is the Taste, size and color of pistachios? Color of nut : Green Size: one inch (2.5cm) long Taste: it has delicate, Rather almond like taste. In which form they are consumed? Pistachios nuts are generally consumed raw or roasted and salted and are also used to decorate the cakes or used as a pressed for a greenish oil used to flavor candy, ice cream or sauces.
- 4. www.medisyskart.com Nutritional value of Pistachios Calories- 562 Total fat- 45g Saturated fat- 6g Polyunsaturated fat- 14g Monounsaturated fat- 24g Trans fat- 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium- 1mg Potassium- 1,025mg Total Carbohydrate- 28g Dietary fiber- 10g Sugar- 8g Protein- 20g
- 5. Pistachios are rich source of fiber and also consist of protein, B vitamins and various minerals. A cup of raw pistachios consists of 13 grams of fiber, 25 grams of high-quality protein. It is also rich in thiamine, vitamin B6, copper, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. www.medisyskart.com Vitamins and Minerals in Pistachios
- 6. 1. Pistachios for Healthy Heart: It is effective in lowering the bad cholesterol, LDL and is effective in enhancing the good cholesterol, HDL will help in preventing the heart diseases. It is also effective in enhancing the strength of the nerves which will make heart stronger. 2. Pistachios for weight management: It is good for those people who want to loose weight. Because of the presence of lower calories, high protein, low saturated fat, and high unsaturated fats and it is considered best nut and ideal for weight management. www.medisyskart.com Health Benefits of Pistachios
- 7. 3. Pistachios for healthy blood and immunity: It is rich in Vitamin B6, which is necessary for production of haemoglobin, which, in turn, will effectively supplies the oxygen to the cells, also enhances the amount of oxygen which is supplied. This vitamin is also effective in fostering the immunity, also effective in production of red and white blood cells. Note: Deficiency of Vitamin B6 will lead to reduce the body's ability to fight infections. 4. Pistachios for healthy glands: Glands i.e. spleen, thymus, etc will become healthier and will work properly with better supply of blood consisting of more white blood cells (WBC) which is essential to fight against the infections. www.medisyskart.com Health Benefits of Pistachios
- 8. www.medisyskart.com Health Benefits of Pistachios 5. Pistachios for diabetes: It is rich in phosphorus which is about 60% of the daily recommendation. It is effective for glucose tolerance and it is effective in breaking down the proteins into the amino acids. Thus this dry fruit is good for the diabetic patient. 6. Pistachios for skin health: This dry fruit is rich in vitamin E, which is a fat soluble antioxidant, Pistachios is effective in maintain the hale and hearty skin. This dry fruit will protect your skin from sun damage, thus by lowering the odds of skin cancer and sunburns.
- 9. Other health benefits: Having anti-inflammatory property. Good for nervous system. Good for macular degeneration. Act as anti-ageing. Act as natural moisturizer. Makes hair strong. Good in increasing the flexibility of hair. For healthy brain . www.medisyskart.com Health benefits of Pistachios
- 10. www.medisyskart.com TIPS If you add pistachios in brown rice and herbs it is a better way to take this as a supplement . Moreover, it is yummy in taste when it is served with fruits. You can also add the pistachios in cookies, muffins, breads or biscuits. Another good option is to Sprinkle the chopped pistachios onto ice-cream. You can also add this on cream cheese spreads for sandwiches or crackers. You can also add this dry fruit in regular salads and yogurt etc.
- 11. On regular basis consume 30 grams of the pistachios if you want full benefits. Do not do overeating or consult your health practitioner if you feel any problem or allergy. How much you should intake Pistachios per day?
- 12. SCO 143, MDC Sector-5 Panchkula, Haryana, India www.medisyskart.com www.medisyskart.com
View more >