Embed Size (px)
Japanese film director, animator, manga artist, illustrator, producer
and screen writer
Who is Hayo Miyazaki?• Hayo Miyazaki is a Japanese film director, animator, Manga artist,
illustrator, producer and screen writer. He began school in 1947 completing the first three grades then moving schools to complete his fourth grade, then he went on to Eifuku Elementary School. Miyazaki aspired to be become and manga author from an early age.
• He started reading illustrated stories in magazine’s and acknowledged the influences of creative arts, such as Tetsuji Fukushima and Osama Tezuka.
• It was a result of Tezuka’s style which influenced Miyazaki, but led him to destroy the work he done as he believed he was copying the work of Tezuka’s.
• His main inspiration for animation was by ‘The Tale of the White Serprent’.
Catalogue of Miyazaki’s workAs Miyazaki got a job at Toei Animation in 1963, he was able to work on such theatrical anime as Watchdog Bow Wow and the TV anime Wolf Boy Ken. He then went on to collaborating with long time film company Studio Ghibli, here he produced such famous anime films as: Howl’s Moving Castle: Ponyo Spirited Away
What was the purpose of Hayo Miyazaki’s Work and the Influence he had to Audiences?
• Most of Miyazaki’s work had recurring theme’s such as Humanity's relationship with Nature, technology and feminism. This shows that Miyazaki supported equality within gender roles as the protagonist of his films are often strong independent girls or young women.
• His work, especially his manga reached to world wide audiences, inspiring many people around the world to do what he does and to believe in what he supports which is present in his themes.
• However the main purpose of his work is to entertain the worldwide audience he has.
Miyazaki use of animation would almost always use hand animation technique, which would result in him drawing extensive storyboards. He stated in a recent interview that he will continue to use pencil for as long as he can, also claiming that current computer graphics are goodbut however can be excessive at times. Traditional methods of handdrawn animations will always betterbetter in his eyes.
Quotes From Reviewshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obCOSrvn7Wk
These reviews are from one of his most famous films ‘Sprited Away’ “I was struck by the quality between generosity and love”“It has its foundation in the traditional bedrock of animation, which is frame by frame drawing”“It is Realistic, changing, detailed motion”“Naturally the animation is a joy to behold”“Nominated for the best Animated features by the Boston film critics”
After an illustrators career spanning over four decades, Miyazaki has created a
legacy of iconic films beloved by millions worldwide. Films such as Spirited Away is just one example from a list of best films of all time and Miyazaki is often stated as one of the greatest directors in history millions worldwide. Influencing such people as the producers of Toy Story who described that “when we have a problem and we cant solve it, we often take one of Miyazaki’s and look at a scene in our screen shooting room for inspiration”.