growing your business: lessons from uber on fueling growth
Click here to load reader
Post on 23-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONUber grew, fast. We looked at how this car service company was able to grow so quickly so that you can apply some of the things that they did to help grow your own business. Want to fuel your growth? It all starts with a great website. Leave first time viewers with a great impression and impress the customers you already have. Start building a website here, for free: http://name.com/website-builder
- Growing Your BusinessLessons from Uber on Fueling Growth
- This has caused: The taxi industry to be disrupted. One transportation brand to be in over 70 cities. Over $1.5 billion dollars raised for expansion. Uber has quickly become a large transportation company
- So, how exactly did Uber grow?
- They did this to: To quickly reach early tech adopters. Address inadequate cab service in the city. They did this by: Sponsoring events (free rides galore!). These free rides led to strong word of mouth growth. Launched in San Francisco First
- Widespread taxi driver protests brought mass awareness to the Uber service. Controversy Supercharged Growth
- What Worked in San Francisco has Been Repeatable
- Uber created unique and relatable experiences for each city that they launched in. Big launches, city-by-city
- Uber offered free rides for referrals. This is a win-win because they got people to use their social capital to share the Uber service, while also making current customers more loyal customers. Free Rides!
- The Uber experience is great because its simple. Just press a button, a car comes to you, and payment happens automatically. Great experience
- Most of Ubers growth came from its referral program. In addition to the referral program they offered, using the Uber experience was a great way to impress friends. If one person brings four friends who have never been in an Uber along for a ride, Uber potentially just got four new customers. Word of Mouth Growth.
- Created a great user experience that was able to fuel growth. Built a fun and easy to use product, while making it easy for customers to share the product and its benefits with friends. What Uber Did Best:
- It all starts with a great website. Leave first time viewers with a great impression and impress the customers you already have. Fuel the Growth of YOUR Business: