GRIEF & LOSS STAGES ELISABETH KUBLER-ROSS. Anytime we suffer a significant loss, we experience grief. The intensity of the grief depends on the loss.
out of 10
Post on 16-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- GRIEF & LOSS STAGES ELISABETH KUBLER-ROSS
- Slide 2
- Anytime we suffer a significant loss, we experience grief. The intensity of the grief depends on the loss. The loss could be the end of a meaningful relationship, the breakup of ones family, the death of a pet, the death of a family member IN GENERAL
- Slide 3
- STAGE 1: DENIAL & ISOLATION Denial and/or shock are often a persons initial reaction followed by numbness. There may also be a feeling of isolation or helplessness. These feelings are an attempt to avoid reality by saying or thinking, It is all a bad dream and will go away. Buys us time to be able to cope with the loss.
- Slide 4
- STAGE 2: ANGER Anger is a natural reaction, an outlet for resentment at being a victim. There may be envy of other who have not experienced such a loss. The person often takes out the anger on those close by friends and family. Why me?...
- Slide 5
- STAGE 3: BARGAINING The person seeks to postpone the loss by making promises, often to God, to be a better person. Ill do this if you will only do
- Slide 6
- STAGE 4: DEPRESSION The numbness, anger, and rage felt previously are now replaced with a sense of great loss. Feelings of great loneliness, isolation, helplessness, and sadness are characteristics of this stage.
- Slide 7
- STAGE 5: ACCEPTANCE Facing reality in a constructive way. It allows for action. Learning from our mistakes and remembering the good times.
- Slide 8
- OTHER NAMES FOR STAGES SHOCK Denial & Isolation SUFFERING Anger, Bargaining, and Depression RECOVERY - Acceptance
- Slide 9
- FINAL NOTES Everyone goes through the stages at a different rate. We often bounce back and forth between the stages no specific order. It is possible to get stuck in a specific stage. At the anniversary of a loss, the some of the stages may be revisited. Everyone copes with loss in a different way.
- Slide 10
- COPING 1. How can you cope with a loss in a healthy manner? 2. How can you help a friend cope with a loss?
View more >
Grief and Loss - Hamilton Health Education... · Grief and Loss. Stages of Grief (Developed by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross) Note: You may not experience these feelings in the order listed below.
Grief and Loss - Butler ?· Grief and Loss Steps of Grief after a Loss We go through [stages] of grief after a loss. There are many lists giving the stages of grief.
Kubler-Ross’ Five Stages of Grief Laffranchini, Ins ?· Kubler-Ross’ Five Stages of Grief . Laffranchini,…
GRIEF AND LOSS - Colby ?· GRIEF AND LOSS We all experience loss. ... Grief is a natural response to loss, but it can be difficult to manage. Though the focus of this handout is about
Grief and Loss - Trauma Academy/Grief and... · Grief and Loss Defined by • Grief – keenmentalsufferingordistressoverafflictionor loss;sharpsorrow;painfulregret ...
“We've had the same loss, why don't we have the same grief?” loss and differential grief in families
Grief Planning 10. What is grief? The response to loss (how we deal with loss) Grief refers to the emotional, physical and spiritual reactions in.
Understanding Separation, Loss and the Grief ?· Understanding Separation, Loss and the Grief Response…
Understanding Bereavement, Grief and Loss with grief... · Understanding Bereavement, Grief and Loss Bereavement is a normal response to the powerful stress of loss. The loss of others through death is a universal experience ...
Grief and Loss Chapter 22. Loss is part of human experience Grief and bereavement are normal responses to loss Grieve on reoccurring basis as we face.
Keyfacts - Grief, loss and ?· What is grief and loss? Grief describes how a person feels after the loss of someone or something that is very important to them. The grief experienced