Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger - Little Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger Arnold Schwarzenegger had three careers by the time he was in his sixties. He had been a world
Post on 22-Apr-2018
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Arnold Schwarzenegger had three careers by the
time he was in his sixties. He had been a world
champion bodybuilder, a world famous actor and was
elected governor of California twice. He could not
run for governor again. He served as long as the
law let him.
Arnold Schwarzenegger wanted to run for president but he
could not. Only someone who is born in the United States can run
for president. Arnold was born in the country of Austria in Europe.
He became a United States citizen after he started living in the
Arnold won the title of Mr. Universe when he was 20 years old.
This is a champion title in bodybuilding. He won another champion
title, Mr. Olympia, six times. These champion titles let him become
an actor in action movies because he was big and strong. One of his
most famous movie roles was playing The Terminator.
Arnold became very rich from being an actor. He married Maria
Shriver. They have four children. Arnold and Maria understood that
children of famous parents in Hollywood often get into trouble
especially with drugs. They have been strict parents. Arnold believes
in being an independent person. It was a rule in his house that the
children do their own laundry so they could learn to rely on
Name: ___________________________ Multiple Choice
Circle the correct answer.
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger served as governor of which state?
a. Connecticut b. Colorado c. California
2. In what sport was Arnold Schwarzenegger a champion?
a. Bodybuilding b. Soccer c. Swimming
3. What is one champion title that Arnold Schwarzenegger won?
a. Mr. Universe b. Grand Master c. Mr. Baseball
4. What was one of Arnold Schwarzeneggers most famous movie roles?
a. King Kong b. The Terminator c. Avatar
5. Arnold Schwarzenegger wants his children to be
a. Actors b. In politics c. Independent
Short Answer What Do You Know about Doing Laundry?
Explain these words about laundry.
1. detergent 2. bleach 3. fabric softener 4. washer cycles 5. electric dryer 6. gas dryer 7. steam dryer 8. front loading washer 9. top loading washer 10. steam washer
Answer Key Multiple Choice
1. c. 2. a. 3. a. 4. b. 5. c.
1. detergent the kind of soap used to wash clothes 2. bleach a product that whitens clothes 3. fabric softener makes clothes softer 4. washer cycles selecting a cycle sets how the washer operates so clothes of different types will be properly washed 5. electric dryer a machine that uses electric energy to dry clothes 6. gas dryer a machine that uses energy from burning natural gas to dry clothes 7. steam dryer a dryer that uses steam when drying clothes to kill germs and reduce wrinkles 8. front loading washer a washing machine with the opening to put clothes in at the front of the machine 9. top loading washer a washing machine with the opening to put clothes in at the top of the machine 10. steam washer a washing machine that uses steam to kill germs and reduce wrinkles