Glass Pre-processing Before Tempering
out of 10
Post on 19-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONThe required process on glass and all recommendation for holes and notches before tempering.
- Pre-Processing required for Tempered Glass Glass School By Ahmed Bahaa El Din
- Cutting and Drilling All notches and holes must be made and finished with the proper edge work before tempering. In general, the limitations on hole positions relative to the edges of the glass, the corners of the glass and to each other depends on: nominal glass thickness (d) Dimensions of the glass Hole diameter (D) Shape of the glass Number of holes
- Minimum Glass Width Minimum width (W) of the glass with round holes is 8 glass thickness (d). W 8 d w
- Diameter of the Holes The minimum diameter of the hole (Dmin) is not recommended to be less than the nominal thickness (d) of the glass. The maximum diameter (Dmax) should not be more than a third of the narrowest point of the glass. Dmin d Dmax 1/3 Wmin w Dmax Dmin
- Position of the Holes The distance (a) from the edge of the hole to the edge of the glass should be not less than 2 glass thickness (d). The distance (b) between the edges of two holes should be not less than 2 glass thickness (d). a 2 d b 2 d a b
- Holes in Corners When having a corner, 90 or more with the rounding, the distance (a) from the datum point of the corner to the edge of the hole must be at least 4 glass thickness (d). The distance (c) from the edge of the corner to the edge of the hole should not be less than 6 glass thickness (d). a 4 d c 6 d a c
- If the hole is placed in a corner nearer the glass edge than recommended, the risk of glass breakage increases substantially. The risk can be minimized by making a cut in a narrower supporting belt of the corner. See picture below.
- Rectangular Holes & Rounding The maximum size (X Y) of the rectangular cutting depends on the dimensions of the glass. Cuttings length (X) should not be more than third of the glass length (L) and cuttings width (Y) should not be more than third of the glass width (W). X 1/3 L Y 1/3 W ax b Y w L r
- The distance (a) from the edge of the glass to the edge of the cutting should be at least half of the cuttings length (X). The distance (b) from the edge of the glass to the edge of the cutting should be at least half of the cuttings width (Y). a X b Y Edges and notches of the cuttings must be rounded. The rounding radius (r) should not be less than the glass thickness (d). r d
- The End
View more >
HTBS ProE - ProE Bending and Tempering. Software solutions Float glass Pre-processing Heat treatment End products Post-processing Service solutions
LD-AL AirStream Continuous Flat Glass Tempering AirStream Continuous Flat Glass Tempering Furnace ... Continuous Flat Glass Tempering Furnace ... tempered glass sheet AR photovoltaic Glass TCO ...
Temperature Measurement Solutions for the Glass Tempering ... Glass.pdf Quality Control The LAND Glass Tempering System allows for greater quality control throughout the full glass tempering process Ensures that a uniform tempering ...
PRE-FILTER SERIES - Pre Filter SERIES Glass Fibre Pre-filter Progressive density holding glass fibre pad ... Glass Fibre 80C Processing Air Velocity VS. Initial Resistance 7
EuropEtch LS Anti-glare Glass ??2017-06-09 high clarity military avionic high resolution ruggedized displays Processing Options mechanical processing chemical and thermal tempering laminated safety glass ... Microsoft Word - EuropEtch .docx
GLASS TEMPERING - Glass Association of North America ? 5 Introduction This text is an attempt to summarize my 50 years of experiences around glass tempering machines and my 35 years of lecturing to the Glass Associations