fpsc ce approval program
out of 6
Post on 15-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Turn your activities into credits that over 17,000 Certified finanCial Planner professionals and 1,200 FPSC Level 1 Certificants in Financial Planning need.
- 2. Professional Responsibility Qualifying CE requires the application of the standards, principles, and rules outlined in FPSCs Standards of Professional Responsibility for CFP Professionals and FPSC Level 1 Certicants in Financial Planning. CE must focus on the practical application, rather than direct knowledge, of the Standards of Professional Responsibility. Financial Planning Qualifying CE activities must be related to one or more aspects of the CFP Professional Competency Prole. CE in this category may relate to one or more of the financial planning areas, professional skills or technical knowledge. Practice Management Qualifying CE includes the knowledge and skills used in building professional relationships and growing a professional practice. CE may focus on prospecting, business development, networking or sales skills. Product KnowledgeProduct Knowledge Qualifying CE includes the product knowledge that may be used to advise on and sell products or comment on products held by clients. You can submit activities for approval in a variety of categories: Visit the FPSC Portal at online.fpsc.ca to register today.
- 3. Did You Know? CFP professionals and FPSC Level 1 Certificants in Financial Planning have an ongoing obligation to ensure that their knowledge and competence remain current through mandatory annual CE requirements. Why does FPSCs CE Approval Program make good sense for your business? FPSCs CE Approval Program is your opportunity to have your activities assessed for qualifying credits and for your organization to reach this engaged audience. 25 mandatory CE hours annually X 17,000 CFP professionals + 12 mandatory CE hours annually X 1,200 FPSC Level 1 Certificants in Financial Planning = 439,400Demand for relevant activities that meet CE requirements Your potential market opportunity by the numbers: fpsc.ca/CE-Approval-Program
- 4. Leverage the Credibility of the FPSC Brand Certified Financial Planner professionals and FPSC Level 1 certificants trust and respect FPSC. They know FPSC will only approve relevant activities of high quality, so when they see the FPSC-Approved CE Credit logo, they will immediately extend that recognition to your activities. Direct Access to Our Market Your approved activities will be accessible and promoted through a number of channels, including: FPSC-Approved CE Search Tool available at fpsc.ca/ce-search-tool CFP professionals and FPSC Level 1 certificants use this tool regularly, as its the easiest way to find the credits they need. Online and print communications that reach our market and beyond Each issue of the FP Standard, an FPSC published biannual magazine, includes a listing of all FPSC-Approved CE Providers. The FP Standard is distributed through Investment Executive as well as other channels, reaching over 70,000 financial services professionals. Providers who have submitted new CE activities are highlighted in bimonthly electronic mailings to over 18,000 professionals. All FPSC-Approved CE Providers are featured in FPSC marketing materials, which are included in annual certification communications as well as distributed at key industry events such as Financial Planning Week.
- 5. FPSCs CE Approval Program is a valuable, cost-effective opportunity for your organization to promote FPSC-Approved CE Activities to the thousands of professionals who require them annually. Submitting your activities for approval is easy To submit CE activities for approval, you will need to register as a CE provider on the FPSC Portal at online.fpsc.ca. Once you are registered online, you will be able to: Easily and conveniently submit a CE activity for approval; Track the status of the activity; Modify activity details; View your payment history; and Edit your organizations information. Continuing education is a mainstay of the profession, assuring clients that they are dealing with individuals dedicated to continual self-improvement. With FPSC-Approved CE, a CFP professional or FPSC Level 1 certificant can budget not only their monetary resources, but more importantly the precious resource of their time. The program gives busy individuals the peace of mind of unambiguously determining the value associated with their CE efforts in advance. Terry McCullough, CFP professional and Professor of Financial Planning and Investment Courses at George Brown College in Toronto ,,
- 6. CFP , Certified Financial Planner and are certification trademarks owned outside the U.S. by Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB). Financial Planning Standards Council is the marks licensing authority for the CFP marks in Canada, through agreement with FPSB. All otherare registered trademarks of FPSC, unless indicated. 2015 Financial Planning Standards Council. All rights reserved. About FPSC Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC) is a not-for-profit organization which develops, promotes and enforces professional standards in financial planning through Certified Financial Planner certification. FPSCs purpose is to instill confidence in the financial planning profession. FPSC ensures CFP professionals and FPSC Level 1TM Certificants in Financial Planning meet appropriate standards of competence and professionalism through rigorous requirements of education, examination, experience and ethics. Visit fpsc.ca for more information. Submit Your Credits for Approval Register with FPSC and receive a larger discount when you submit more credits for approval. 10% discount if you submit over 50 credits 20% discount if you submit over 100 credits Get the approval that counts. Contact Max Grubyy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.593.8587 ext. 249 and get started today. Visit us online at fpsc.ca/CE-Approval-Program.
View more >